2012 AFC U-19 Championship (Finals)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by druryfire, May 13, 2012.

1. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This is why I always say Japan is easier to beat for us than Korea. They barely had a shot on target even though thet had literally 3/4 of the posession. Iran hit the post twice, scored twice and had a few other great chances as well.

Japanese football is robotic. You can expect the exact same thing from them every time. In all the years that I've been watching Asian football I've never seen a single technical Japanese player. Honda is the only one that comes to my mind but he's meh. They need to be more creative.If Iran could play the passing possession game like these guys then we would be a top 10 team in the world.

2. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Are the saudis losing today or losing tomorrow?

3. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think Iran can do that, look at the individual skills of the Iranian players. I just think they gave the ball away or did not take the game to the Japanese half, on the account of giving the Japanese too much respect. Started to fall back after scoring goal. I really hate sh*t like that.

In my opinion, Japan only dominated possession in first half. In 2nd half we started to press more and it was more even. We need to stop giving these teams so much respect, and stop letting them lead the game and take the game to our half.

I guess today it was ok, since Japan created zero.
    If the game was tied, I think we would have had more possession overall. I saw nothing special from this Japan team. We could have won this game 4-0.

nimaa repped this.
  4. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Btw I dont know what was more enjoyable. Watching Iran win against a powerhouse, or seeing the deep disappointment of the Qataris at Al-Kass broadcast. They looked genuinly heart-broken lol

5. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol
    they'll be even more heart broken once the 8-0ers crash out of the tournament like they always do

edit: from PFDC regarding the wahabis from al kass

so true lol

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  6. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    If Iran were a perfect team, they would be the best in the world yes, excellent point.

7. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    so being able to pass the ball around=perfection? Then why did you guys get anally penetrated today?

I said if Iran could play the passing game we would be top 10 in the world because that combined with the individual skill of our players would really help us exceed. Japanese players passed the ball around all game, created zero opportunities (solid chances) and showed zero individual brilliance.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    no what you're saying is that if Iran was able to something very difficult to achieve, they would be a top team. For sure, that applies to everybody, except not everybody can. Last post for me, enjoy your victory.

9. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Difficult to achieve, yes, but why does it apply to every team? lmao
    Again, if it applied to every team you wouldn't have lost 2-0 and would have actually created a single solid chance.

I really don't understand what you're saying. Qatar also plays a passing game, and they're shit. A lot of teams play the passing possession game and they barely ever get results. I'm saying Iran wouldn't be one of those teams that just passed the ball around for no reason and never did anything with the ball. We would become a much better team and we wouldn't rely on possession football for 90 mins. It would help our players showcase their individual talents up the field more instead of every 10 mins. Japan on the other hand is all pass pass pass and no individual skill.

I think Korea has the right balance in Asia. To me Korea has been the best Asian team for some time.

10. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    And yet you make the comment that the Qataris care more about Iran losing than their team winning...

Pot, meet kettle

11. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What makes you think I care more about you guys losing than Iran winning? Only wahabis care more about what happens to the ppl on the other side of the pond. We just ridicule w/out shame when the opportunity shows itself.

12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think it was more of a harmless light jab, than genuine caring. :)

13. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Oy, japanese dude, read the first sentence from the post you quoted from me. Here, I'll put it up for you.

"This is why I always say Japan is easier to beat for us than Korea."

I said "for us." I personally think Japan is an easier opponent than Korea, for us. Don't care what you did against who. We have a better head to head against you btw.

As for my comment about Japan being robotic, I will stick to it even if you win the WC. By robotic I mean that we know what to expect from Japan and if we manage to do smtg about the Japanese tactics, then we pretty much win the game b/c Japanese players won't break formation nor do they go on solo Maradona expeditions once they realize things aren't working out. We saw that today. Japan had most of the possession and none of the chances.

So again, for the 10th time, I'm only speaking as an Iranian about Iran-Japan encounters. It's my opinion that Japan is easier to beat for us than Korea or a few other teams in Asia.

14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Its pretty funny that your pride got hurt so much from an U19 loss, you felt compelled to open and account just to regurgitate all that (when no one has even said that Iran is ahead of Japan, mind you), in order to get an ego boost. :ROFLMAO:

Relax, its just one game, and loosing is a natural part of football. lol

15. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Japan only just qualified, as a best runner up and thats because they thumped Guam 26:0, they were also helped by the fact that Hong Kong withdrew from qualifiers otheriwse they wouldn't have got such a big goal difference to help them qualify. They were also helped by the fact that qualification Group F (Vietnam, Malaysia, Myanmar) saw the teams take points off each other that it countered against one of the teams having a good third placed record.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ah thanks. I didnt know much about their team, just thought that generally they have great youth teams so thought it would be the safest bet. lol
    But the Japense side I saw yesterday did in fact not impress me all that much.

17. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I'm not too impressed with them either. Same for South Korea, which makes me think this title is going West this years.

18. Amir14

Amir14 Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm confident beating Japan at senior level, too. :D
    We already beat the Koreans with 10 men and let them know their place.
    It's your turn next.

19. LABOO

LABOO Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

20. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Jordan 1:1 North Korea

And to please Nimaa, so far after 15 minutes we have Syria 3:0 Saudi Arabia

21. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Oh, and also to keep Nimaa happy, Australia 1: 0 South American Qataris

22. Umid

Umid Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Tokyo-Tashkent
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Any links for Uzbeki game?

23. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
  24. Umid

Umid Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Tokyo-Tashkent
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    FT: Uzbekistan 4-0 Vietnam
    Congrats Uzbekistan!

nimaa repped this.
  25. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Ok, next post that mentions Saudi, outside of this competition will not only get removed, but punished too.
    Ruining threads, not cool.

PS. Drury and Nima, behave.