2012 AFC Champions League

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by jonny63, Dec 6, 2011.

1. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    why do you sound bitter all the time? accept defeat for once like a man.

2. Deathstar

Deathstar Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Syd Er Knee
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So what you are saying is that the owners paid out damn near what is the total of players' salaries for an A-League (kindly sponsored by Hyundai) team for a full Hyundai A-League season for winning one ACL match?

Blimey.

3. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Did I sound like that? :) Well, I'm just merely pointing out immediate shift to a new era in Asian football - that 'money power' will decide the match just like what we had been seeing in Europe.

And this is just purely my opinion, but I don't think it is a good model for the development of Asian football. And I really do hope other wealthy clubs in East Asia don't follow the same suit. Big clubs in Korea and Japan can be financially backed by their parent companies (eg. Suwon by Samsung, Jeonbuk by Hyundai, Nagoya by Toyota and so on) should they wish to splash out big cash on a top class player, but they chose not to do that as they promote the clubs to operate on a sound budget and generate profits on its own. But, if our neighbour manages to attain a measure of success with this 'unique' model, K/J clubs will eventually have to follow it in order not to be left behind in terms of competition. And this is what worries me the most. Sure, we will see a dramatic improvement in the level of club football, but we will also see less commitment to developing young domestic players.

While on this topic, in the west, we're witnessing another unique model from the Qatari clubs - They avoid 3+1 rule by naturalizing foreign players so much so that in one particular ACL match, they were able to field 7 foreign players (And they won, of course)

Do you really think this, by any means, is a good move to promote the development of Asian football? I certainly don't think so.

4. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Guangzhou actually announced a 2.2 million USD bonus for the win at Jeonju, and they actually paid 100k USD for tha travelling fee of the fans (300+ of them traveld from China) and offered them fast food

5. Deathstar

Deathstar Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Syd Er Knee
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

The owners are clearly enthusiastic about their club. It's a pretty impressive effort.

6. Deathstar

Deathstar Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Syd Er Knee
    Club:
    Central Coast Mariners
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You are I fear in a minority in this attitiude. Most people don't give a flying ... except they want to see "their" team win. The owners of, for instance, Barcelona and RM don't see their role as being to promote Spanish football.

I suspect that in the case of the ME clubs having a predominance of foreigners in their sides will in the long term see indigenous interest in the game diminish. The countries mostly have a small indigenous population who don't see a need to play field sports all that much and certainly don't see being a successful athlete as a vehicle for social mobility. There's no incentive to bust your balls being the best you can if you already have more money than you know what do with.

7. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i doubt korean clubs will go this route. no reason to spend millions for wins than develop the game. even though it turned bad late i thought Jeonbuk were the better side until the captain went off injured. i actually wouldnt mind china doing this model. itll doom their domestic talent and national team for decades.

8. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    co-sign.

"my foreign import is better than yours"

9. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    CSL is now becoming a money made league and I'll show you how the clubs are wasting their money

some of the top transfers in terms of Transfer fee, not includes salary, money in euro dollar

Fábio Rochemback - Grêmio --> Dalian Aerbin 3.785m €
    Jumar Brasil - Desportivo Brasil --> Guangzhou R&F 2m €
    Gustavo Canales - U. de Chile --> Dalian Aerbin 2m €
    Lee Addy - Red Star Belgrade --> Dalian Aerbin 1.7m €
    Gilberto Macena - AC Horsens --> Shandong Luneng 1.7m €
    Rafael Coelho - Desportivo Brasil --> Guangzhou R&F 1.55m €
    Weldon - CFR Cluj --> Changchun Yatai 1m €
    Mathieu Manset - Reading --> Shanghai Shenhua 900k €
    Andrija Kaludjerovic - Red Star Belgrade --> Beijing Guo'an 800k €
    Pablo Brandán - Steaua Bukarest--> Liaoning Whowin 700k €

Players with highest annul salaries in CSL

1.Nicolas Anelka - France - Shanghai Shenhua - 10.7 m €/ 14.12 m USD
    2.Dario Conca - Argentina - Guangzhou Evergrande - 7m USD
    3.Moisés - Brazil - Shanghai Shenhua - 3.5m USD
    4.Rafael Coelho - Brazil - Guangzhou R&F - 2.7m USD
    5.Davi - Brazil - Guangzhou R&F - 2m USD
    6.Cléo - Brazil - Guangzhou Evergrande - 1.5m €/ 1.97m USD
    7.Aleksandar Jevtić - Serbia - Jiangsu Sainty - 1.5m USD
    7.Fabiano - Brazil - Shandong Luneng - 1.5m USD
    7.Obina - Brazil - Shandong Luneng - 1.5m USD
    7.Peter Utaka - Nigeria - Dalian Aerbin - 1.5m USD
    11. Gilberto Macena - Brazil- Shandong Luneng - 1.33m USD
    12. Nano - Spain - Guizhou Renhe - 1m €/ 1.31 m USD
    12. Rafa Jordà - Spain - Guizhou Renhe - 1m €/ 1.31 m USD
    12. Andrija Kaluđerović - Serbia - Beijing Guo'an - 1m €/ 1.31 m USD
    15. Muriqui - Brazil - Guangzhou Evergrande - 1.3m USD
    15. Fábio Rochemback - Brazil - Dalian Aerbin - 1.3m USD
    15. Jumar - Brazil - Guanghou R&F - 1.3m USD
    18. Carlos Adriano - Brazil - Dalian Shide - 1.05m USD

also the trend will obviously bring more fans to the matchs, as the season tickets sold for clubs is like:

Beijing Go'an 24,418
    Guangzhou Evergrande 17,000
    Qingdao Jonoon 7,000
    Guangzhou R&F 5,000
    Guizhou Renhe 5,000
    Dalian Aerbin 5,000
    Hangzhou Greentown 5,000
    Henan Jianye 5,000
    Shanghai Shenhua 4,000
    Liaoning Whowin 2,500

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Its often seen that teams ranked mid table in league perform better coz they have nothing to lose in the league and try to make there fans happy in other competitions.

11. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    The result of the Al Hilal - Piroozi match flattered Piroozi greatly. Even with 10 men, Al Hilal clearly was the better team.

12. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    yeah but they weren't as hopeless as I thought they would be (persepolis). They're having a horrible season. For some reason our 2 biggest clubs (Esteghlal and Perspolis never bring it for the CL).

Edit: but it wasn't one sided in terms of chances. Persepolis did also hit the post and created a few more chances so in that department they didn't disappoint all that much.

13. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    It doesn't make sense to me how they can naturalize them. I thought you needed to stay in Qatar for 3 years before you're eligible for naturalization, yet Luiz and Boudiaf have been playing in Qatar for 2 years apparently. I've also seen no news about any naturalization of players for Qatar in the last few months with the exception of Boualem Khokhi and Nathan. It could be either that they played in Qatar 2nd Division clubs before they joined Lekhwiya, which is why they apparently don't have any previous club history, or Sheikh Tamim pulled a few strings.

On the contrary, I think having foreigners in the league raises the local interest. Attendence rates increase, and the strength of the league and the national team increase. The QSL doesn't have a predominance of foreigners as you put it, only a few sides do. I suppose you're partly right on the last point, though there are other factors as to why Qatari footballers aren't all that successful.

Al Hilal was quite lucky to even draw from what I saw. Shalhoub's goal was amazing though, no denying it.

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I have to disagree with you slightly. Both sides were even in terms of chances and possession. That's to Al Hilal's creidt, since they were a man down for 50 minutes. That said, this was a home match for Al Hilal who are one of the top two Saudi teams, plying against a Persepolis team who were on the verge of relegation just a couple of months ago, before Mustafa Denizli took over the team, and gave them some new life, bringing them up to the 8th place in the league. So this was no an even battle on paper, to begin with. Al Hilal were the heavy favorites going into the match. Al Hilal has three international players from Morocco and South Korea, as well as a bunch of Saudi NT starters, while Persepolis's only notable players are Karimi and Pouladi who are Iran NT starters.

15. hysmmiy

hysmmiy New Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    The following lists countries by number of winners, runner-up, semi-finals and quarter finals in AFC Champions League history
    1. South Korea: (3) Winners - (2) Runners-up - (5) SF - (6) QF
    2. Saudi Arabia: (2) Winners - (1) Runners-up - (3) SF - (4) QF
    3. Japan: (2) Winners - (0) Runners-up - (2) SF - (4) QF
    4. UAE: (1) Winners - (1) Runners-up - (1) SF - (4) QF
    5. Qatar: (1) Winners - (0) Runners-up - (1) SF - (2) QF
    6. Iran: (0) Winners - (2) Runners-up - (0) SF - (4) QF
    7. Syria: (0) Winners - (1) Runners-up - (0) SF - (2) QF
    8. Thailand: (0) Winners - (1) Runners-up - (0) SF - (0) QF
    8. Australia: (0) Winners - (1) Runners-up - (0) SF - (0) QF
    10. Uzbekistan: (0) Winners - (0) Runners-up - (3) SF - (2) QF
    11. China: (0) Winners - (0) Runners-up - (2) SF - (3) QF
    12. Kuwait: (0) Winners - (0) Runners-up - (1) SF - (1) QF

5 Winners (East)
    4 Winners (West)
    Clubs from South Korea, Saudi Arabia and Japan they have best records in ACL by far

16. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  17. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
  18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE is considered a continuation of ASIAN CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP. All the records include ASIAN CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP as well.

19. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    All what records? The statistics that Hysimmiy posted were obviously of the AFC Champions League only, not including the Asian Club Championship. I know you guys are very embarassed right now, but please, just admit you were wrong and move on. :eek:

20. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I know what he was using sherlock! But it makes no sense why you would use only those stats. It's as if I put up a list of UEFA CL and make up a table based on whichever edition I think it's best to use! :confused:
    Real has won 9 titles and 6 of them have been before the mid 60's! Maybe we should forget about all those as well? :rolleyes:

21. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You're so daft it's pathetic lol

so most of Real Madrid's 9 titles should not be counted then? Are you srsly this daft or just like to spam every thread for god knows what reason.

22. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    Why the hell are you asking me about which edition should be used? I'm not the one who decided to only use this, he's the one who posted it; you two are the ones who had no idea that it was only including AFC Champions League seasons. Everytime someone proves you wrong, you retaliate with the typical Iranian response: "lolool0l0l u r sooooooo dum n pathetic n i ment sumting complitly different ololo". I won't reply to your next post, I have nothing more to say.

23. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    how old are you kid?
    grow the hell up.

You have a lot of issues. Iran this, Iran that. If you had no idea about anything than why did you jump in? If you don't know anything about an issue, don't raise your hand and then ask why you piked me!

I said this before in another thread, stop spamming.

24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Elspamo, I suggest you ignore them. I've had the same issues with the same bunch of people before. I get the same responses you currently get. Welcome to the board by the way.

25. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    All what records? The OFFICIAL RECORDS. The only records that count. So stop acting coy, and making snide comments.