2012 AFC Champions League

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by jonny63, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    ROFL! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    :p[​IMG]

3. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Tehran(i) teams are so over-rated these days.

4. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol somebody in the Iranian forums had a great idea. Let's take every medical and non-medical examination equipment imaginable to the airport and let a couple of basijis lose on the Saudi team.

free prostate exam for everyone lol

5. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think the league is improving, but thanks to the comfortable lead that Tehrani teams had over everyone else, they were left behind and now they're shell shocked and don't know what to do. SS and Perspolis have a billion problems and their solution is to throw money at things arab style. Perspolis is spending 2 million dollars on their coach alone!!!

No tactics, no desire from the players, no management, no...

This is good. Once the Tehrani teams get with the program, our whole football will get a massive boost.

6. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    what a gay ass penalty for Ittehad. Dumb ass ref. Even in a u6 league that's not a penalty.

oh well, Perspolis deserves it for being shit.

7. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    2-0 for arabs
    that's it, game over.

time to concentrate on my final exam.

P.S. go Sepahan. shame two Iranian teams had to play against each other.

8. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ittihad 2 - 0 Perspolis HT.

Zareh and Sheys worst players of the match so far. I dont see Perspolis recovering from this, not the way they have been playing.

9. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The whole team makes me wanna vomit. They're the biggest collection of failures in existence. It's actually comical seeing them play. The coach is pulling out his hair, the defender is a fukin clown in the absolute literal sense of the word, there is no management, they have the biggest budget in Iran, they barely stayed in the premier league, the players are all drama queens...

10. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    Al Hilal Riyadh 7-1 Baniyas
    Ittihad Jeddah 3-0 Persepolis

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah they were utter shit.
    Gotta give a little credit to Saudi teams. All three entered quarter final stage.
    Sepahan is the only one that has the capacity to make us proud now.

As for Perspolis, they are just depressing to watch.

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I watched Ittihad vs Persopolis match.
    As for the match it seemed to be quite boring as both teams played too dull. As for Piroozi players they seem not to be interested from the beginning it self. There GK was wasting time even when the score was 0-0.
    Hilal was another team today. I caan see atleast 1 saudi team in finals.

13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Persepolis were pathetic, but the Uzbek referee was clearly in the pocket of the Saudis. The first and third goals were the results of non-existent penalty/foul gifted by the referee.

nimaa repped this.
  14. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    You can always expect Ittihad to have the referee in their pocket. No exceptions.

15. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The Korean in Al Hilal was on "Fire" ... this match was a treat to watch ... Bani Yas couldn't control the rythem and pace of the Korean Player ...

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The first was one was clear penalty my friend. The Piroozi player dashed both the legs on the Ittihad player.

17. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In a pee wee league maybe.

The only thing that pisses me off is that the saudis will think that they've done something worth while by beating Perspolis. Most people probably don't know how shit this Perspolis team is lol

18. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    How come a shit team have have fans who can fill a 100k stadium brother..

19. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It's a popular club, but it does not have a very good team. Anyway lets just get on with it. Perspolis deserved to loose the way they were playing and did get a good beating.
    As much as it hurts me to say it, but thank God Perspolis will not be competing in ACL next year. I had slight hope that they would compensate their horrible year in IPL by displaying good football in ACL and shock with a win against Ittihad. But they managed to dissapoint again.

More than half of the players must go. Enough with popular names or players that are "established". Kazemian, Zareh, Feshangchi, Norouzi, Sheys, Hashemian (at least he does not play much) etc etc are all garbage. At least they seem to have been signing good players for next season but I wonder if it will help. The management is rotten to the core.

20. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Esteghlal and Perspolis are Iran's most popular teams. Both teams are from the capital. Tehran, and its surrounding area, has a pop'n of 15 million people alone. 70-80K people out of 15 mil is nothing major. Perspolis has never gone past the round of 16 in the CL in its new format. Perspolis and SS, although Iran's most popular teams, are pure shit.

And anyway, they're specially crap this year. They were in danger of relegation at one point and their last few games saved them (they finished 13th).

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Penalty in what universe? He went for the ball, there was minimal contact. No respectable referee would call a penalty in that situation.
    Because they're the most popular club in Asia and Iran, in terms of number fans that is. But that doesn't change the fact that they're shit on the field - a shitty team with undisciplined big-ego has-been shitty players. We're talking about a team that was on the verge of relegation for most of the season. On paper, based on domestic performance, they were the weakest team in ACL this year. It's a miracle they even made it this far being the shitty team that they are this year.

nimaa repped this.
  22. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    Cant stop laughing at Baniyas. :laugh:

But the Saudis shouldn't get too carried away with these results. Ittihad played an incredibly weak Iranian side that simply didn't care and was fighting relegation, and Al Hilal defeated a no-name UAE team that should never even play in the ACL after that dreadful performance.

Kuwaiti teams should really meet the silly Qatari-imposed AFC requirements for playing in the ACL. This tournament is a joke for giving so much allocations to an exclusive membership of countries. There are some clubs that clearly don't deserve to play in the ACL but they magically found themselves in the competition due to the extremely generous allocations given to their pseudo-professional leagues. I'd rather have these allocations given to champions of Syria, Jordan, Kuwait, etc. One thing's for certain -- none of those countries would perform as embarrassing as the UAE clubs had for the past 5-6 years.

nimaa repped this.
  23. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Perspolis is a team that needs a completely new makeover. Hopefully we'll be back soon enough. I seriously hope some of them were reserving themselves for Iran's game. Also if the penalty against perspolis was called then Perspolis should have had a penalty called for them in the second half. Unfortunately we didn't take our chances.

Every 50/50 went in favor of Al-Ittihad. Also, I do believe that Sepahan should force Prostate exams on foreign players entering Iran for the semi-finals to get back at what Saudi Arabia did to Perspolis at the airport.

24. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    You'll be back, don't worry about that. :)

25. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Well, I don't know about that. Only Al Karamah of Syria and Al Qadisia of Kuwait would make a slight difference, Jordan, no.