2012 AFC Champions League

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by koreansock, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How humiliating, Jeonbuk. They definitely don't deserve a spot for next year's ACL for sure.

2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Unbeliavable Seongnam!

2-2 at last second by Hevertingho

Overhead kick as well

3. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    sucks for jeonbuk. you would think a top side like them would know the words goal differential . oh well i dont think its reason to overreact just yet but like Ji said they need a top level keeper. losing Cho changed the game completely.

and i guess for now anyway the chinese proved you can buy club success. for now.

4. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Same here. Seongnam tied it up well. Very entertaining match by far.

5. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jeonbuk is that kind of club that solely relies on a few players to do their bidding. It certainly isn't a quality club. The fact that they lost to a Chinese side and lost with a huge margin speaks volumes.

6. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHsWl0wOA4&feature=related"]ACL 2012 ????G???????????? VS ?????? - YouTube[/ame]

I always found it hilarious (and a bit disturbing) that the Moonies would come and support their team. The 2007 ACL Semifinal away against Urawa, the Japanese Moonies outdid Seongnam's home fans rofl.

7. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

and this
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSvj1x9vt8U"]Jeonbuk FC vs Urawa Reds - YouTube[/ame]

8. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Just saw the Jeonbuk FC vs Guangzhou Evergrande game. GE's first goal should have been disallowed to clear handball. Other than that, amazing freekick by GE's foreign man Concha (?). But also they were stronger. However Jeonbuk still put up quiet a fight. I'd say if GE didn't have the three foreign players they had, the score would have been quite different.

9. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jeonbuk really needs to get a new GK and also needs to improve their defense they can't always rely on Cho Sung-Hwan.

Seongnam on the other hand looks promising. Heverton's second goal was jaw dropping. The Grampus fans just went silent after the second goal.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You bet ! that was the last play. This Heverton is really good.

11. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  12. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-9YtawmAco"]Buriram United vs Kashiwa Reysol: AFC Champions League 2012 (Group Stage MD1) - YouTube[/ame]
    Major shocker as Buriram United beats Treble Winners Nagoya.

heres Heverton's awesome bicycle kick goal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUC71zC5Nj0"]Nagoya Grampus 2-2 Seongnam Ilhwa - Héverton Durães - amazing goal - YouTube[/ame]

13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Huh? I wonder why the Tokyo Ulsan match is being played at 2pm??? Weird timing..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    20(화) 19:20 [afc cl] 포항 : 분요드코르 (sbs espn 생중계, ipsn 생중계, mbc sports+ 01:00 녹화)
    21(수) 18:55 [afc cl] 가시와 : 전북 (스타스포츠 생중계)
    21(수) 21:00 [afc cl] 성남 : 텐진 (sbs espn 녹화, ipsn 녹화, mbc sports 01:00 녹화)

15. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    K-league was never impressive in that domain as far as i know.
    Except for some derby's at Grand Blue, which were pretty decent.

Most games the stadiums are always half empty.
    Nothing new here.

While in China, the stadiums are full.
    They have much more audience in stadiums than K-league, and by far.

Makes me wonder if koreans even give a damn about football, this sport is still struggling to get proper audience in Korea. Seriously, look at the K-league audience, it's ridiculous, LOL.

Lets not even mention ACL ...

16. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Media has a lot to do with K-League's struggle to get proper number of attendance and interest. What they do is just bashing the sport time after time. They are very reluctant to give credit where it is due.

Plus, I detest their double-standard on other sports, particularly baseball. They attempted to minimize the magnitude of the match-fixing scandal involved in the game. They have always considered any criticism to the game as a taboo.

This is what most of K-League followers, including myself, have been able to tolerate.

17. Bluestars562

Bluestars562 Red Card

Mar 10, 2012
    If you need the media to tell you which sport to support then you're just a fecking tool.

18. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    it doesnt help when you got stadiums ment for world cups when teams should have ones half as big. population wont afford us massive audiences but we should think about making more stadiums like Incheons and the steelyard so that we can create more of an atmosphere.

so part of it is population and part of it is the media bias. freaking baseball will get shows canceled and removed just for their games. k-league gets games with no coverage whatsoever.

19. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ???

What I am saying is that biased media will never help the growth of the K-League by any mean. You do need some help from media to promote and grow the game.

Had the media not being so biased toward the K-League, it would have created more positive image to the public.

20. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    승부조작? x
    경기조작? o

21. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  22. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    If I may ask... where is Kim Seung Gyu? Or is that Kim Seung Kyu?

23. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    That's actually because unlike football, there's public demand for baseball.

24. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Good interview.

25. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club: