2012/2013 Offseason Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by gstommylee, Nov 19, 2012.

1. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Wilmer Crisanto is rumored to be coming to seattle.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yea, for months now.. I even made a thread about it a while back lol. It was never if he would come, just when he'd come.

3. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Crisanto to Seattle was going to happen whether Victoria were in some debt or not lol. Victoria is a small team, its more known for feeding bigger teams their better talent.

5. Seaball

Seaball Member+

Oct 12, 2008
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  6. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Looks like Jose Colon will also not come on trial to Seattle either.

Victoria's director, Victor Kawas, said he'll give Seattle one more week to sort though its players and then ask one final time if they are still interested in Crisanto and Colon. I think this ship has sailed for both parties.

8. SammySounder

SammySounder Member

Jun 7, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So a completely random thought which I have done zero research on as to whether it would even make sense from either side or is feasible. What about the idea of trying to get Hercules Gomez as our Montero replacement? Does that even make sense from his side? And would Santos part with him? I'm not sure how much he makes there in Santos and it seems he is not getting as much playing time as he was getting before. Does someone in MLS have a claim on him if he returns or will he have to go through that we went through to get EJ since he's a USMNT player?

9. Kappa74

Kappa74 Member+

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think KC has a claim on him, though don't quote me on that.

10. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is DeAndre Yedlin going to sign a Sounders Home Grown contract?
    As you know, he plays RB. I cannot help but think these subjects are related.

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The article said, Seattle bought a rightback that cost more than Wilmer Crisanto. lol idk who that might be, sounds like another foreigner to me.

12. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great! Glad to hear it! I want Yedlin to stay another year (or two) at Akron.

13. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure that is the correct conclusion to make. As Azul noted further down the thread from this comment, apparently the reason why the Crisanto deal fell through is because the Sounders signed another RB instead.

14. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are correct. Grant Wahl had a twitter-versation with Gomez back when Gomez was on fire in FMF about coming back to MLS and Wahl noted that KC still claims ownership of Gomez's rights because they extended him an offer on his way out of MLS. Gomez didn't agree with the details about whether or not an offer was made, but I suspect MLS would take KC's word over Gomez's if it came to that.

Kappa74 repped this.
  15. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you're fairly safe in that. Rightly or wrongly, the Sounders seem to have taken the viewpoint that their youth players should go through the college system before the Sounders will sign them and that it will only be in exceptional cases that they'll sign a kid that hasn't gone through that system.

16. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am happy for Sounders apparent conclusion :D.

Yedlin is indeed exceptional; as you will eventually witness.

17. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh. No doubt. I think Yedlin has the best chance out of all the potential HGs of having an immediate impact for the Sounders, but even then, I'm not sure the Sounders will be signing him yet. They seem to be content with scouring the rest of the world for starters and using the draft(s) to fill the bench. But then, wtf do I know? It'll probably come out tomorrow that Yedlin is the reason Crisanto isn't coming.

:)

18. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, Yedlin is not yet ready to start for the Sounders. Best place for him is at Akron, rather than the mickey-mouse MLS Reserve league. Situation will likely be different this time next year. If he improves this off-season, as much as he did last off-season, he will push to start for Sounders in 2014.

19. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  20. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heh. Like I said, best chance of Sounders potential HGs. :) I'm not sure any of the others would even come up as a potential starter for 2014. For a more in depth understanding of the Sounders' philosophy on HGs, I should really just point you to the following link as it does a much better job than I could ever hope to do: http://www.sounderatheart.com/thefu.../sounders-homegrown-player-signing-philosophy

Darwin Jones might have come up in the discussion if things hadn't gone sideways with his eligibility to play for UW, but the rest are probably best in college for now. Maybe once the MLS/USL thing gets up and running you might see the Sounders signing more HGs and sending them down to the B team, but until then, Yedlin continuing at Akron is a fairly safe bet.

But again, I wouldn't be shocked if Hanauer thumbs his nose at my opinion and signs Yedlin tomorrow. ;)

21. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  22. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn it, Hanauer!! I said you would probably sign him on Wednesday, so not only do you go against my opinion and sign him, you wait until Friday to do it???? *sigh* Well played, sir. Well played. *golf clap*

Excellent signing though. I hope he gives Johansson a run for his money.

23. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I think i should hide i don't want to see an upset bigsoccer moderator :p

24. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch. We wish Yedlin all the best luck. Zips nation will be rooting for him.

As I have stated previously, I do not think this a good move. It is a good move ONLY if he makes the first team. We shall see.