2012-2013 Ligue 1 Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by KellanF, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm not and i think OM dodged a bullet. on comparative form, and with the way RG rotated this week, i doubt they'll again be the raw meat they would have been tonight.

2. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Marseille down 1-0 against PSG. If they win apparently our rescheduled match will come three days after we play PSG in December. So allez Paris, I guess. :eek:

3. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That will make for a fun week, where we can reestablish ourselves as king of this league!

guignol repped this.
  4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    if you guys aremt watching this game you're missing a ROLLERCOASTER

5. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Its good to know that when one of our defenders is sent off, Max can step in and Garde doesn't have to waste a sub.

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    true. although i was disappointed in him overall. many poor decisions in his passing and he gave away the ball too many times in a bad position that could have cost OL.

that said...what a game!

it was an exhausting, and finally exhilarating emotional experience.

and who's this new wonderboy on our team? yann gocuffs...or something? that new guy is incredible! where did he come from???

:p

7. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I wonder if it is too much to ask for Steed, Yoann, and Clement all to operate together in the midfield at some point. I guess we shall see as soon as they are all healthy at the same time.

lefutur repped this.
  8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    gourcuff? SOLID GOLD DYNAMITE!

besides all the rest he gave vercoutre an option other than bafé for the long clearances. and he, licha and steed are all on the same wavelength.

there's still room for grenier because of all french clubs, we're going the deepest in europe. believe it.

great match from dabo again. vercoutre, a boss. lacazette's best outing of the year by far. first goal for malbranque!

i recall 3 horrible passes into the center circle for a bastiais, 2 from max and one from anto, but on the whole they were good. the lost ball that hurt us the most was steed's.

koné again excruciatingly bad the first hour but finished strong. gomis disappointing too.

less than 30,000 in gerland (inclement weather) but those who stayed away... hey, they missed it! when fat freddy fautrel showed lovren red, we saw red. i haven't seen gerland that angry in years (if he pulls that garbage in bastia he doesn't get out alive). but when he put us back square, and licha hit his péno the same, quel pied.

the SCB supps? infects. two bombes agricoles landed just in front of the family section... but probably just because it was too far a toss to get it right in. and there were corsicans with bastia scarves right in the VS... not hoolies, family guys knowing that with their wife and kids surrounding them they'd be safe among civilized people to get under everyone's skins.

now PSG will have to go a month without ibra... they're in for a rude awakening i think!

lefutur repped this.
  9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    the drops you see are not all rain. ça a giclé dans tous les sens!

AfrcnHrbMan and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  10. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I love that photo.

You think Ibra will be suspended for his "kung-fu kick"?

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    going in front of the commission he has to get two matches, but i think the commission will give him between three and six and it will be a sign of just how popular he (and qatar) is with the LFP. three or four (of which one suspended) would be fair. more would be too severe, but if anyone is going to get a bonus for delit de sale gueule it's him.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it's now my desktop. my previous desktop was:

[​IMG]

if you follow women's football in france at all it's just as juvisif!

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    great match to be at, i think that's the fullest gerland's been this year. i was with my son for the first time in ages which just makes it better.

gonalons had his worst match of the season, and neither gourcuff nor malbranque were as crisp as we've seen, but very combative, as was licha. strong work from gomis too. RVR brilliant, perhaps MOTM... except sam umtiti pretty well perfect, and he doesn't play much so i'll pick him. top of the league tonight no matter what FCGB and OM do, and with a match in hand. with all the great work being put in, you could say cela nous pendait au nez! i wonder if the press will keep leaving us alone now!

14. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    N'Jie is fast!

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    we were saying it would have been nice for lisandro to give him his first goal 20 seconds after entering his first L1 match ever (especially since he made it happen even more than steed) but after licha gave his last goal to steed, you can't say he's selfish.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and grenier back!

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  18. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that amazed me from all the way in the VN, but seeing it like this, with the look on yoyo's face, plus seeing how clean it is and understanding why he didn't get called or even carded for it, it's even better. i could watch it for hours.

19. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    he's a new man. you can see it right there. badass.

20. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    didnt watch the game but saw him on the commentary. who is this kid? a cameroun national?

21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I was always a fan of his and am glad to see he's doing well. I just hope he doesnt get sold to Newcastle in January.;)

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    no idea. but the first ball he touched h whizzed down the field to start the action for licha's goal.

[​IMG]

Infos générales

• Position : Attaquant
    • Meilleur pied : Droit
    • Naissance : 15 08 1993 à Douala
    • Nationalité : Camerounaise
    • Taille / poids : 1m75 / 68 kg
    • Arrivée au club : 30/08/2011

Clinton débarque à l'OL lors de la saison 2011-2012 en provenance des Brasseries du Cameroun. Dès sa première saison, il signe 15 apparitions en CFA et inscrit 5 buts.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that guy's teeth are still rattling around in his head. whatever he did to yoyo before that, he's not going to anyone ever again.

24. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I hope to see more of Umtiti this season. he's young but has a lot of poise. come to think of it, most of Lyon's youth players have a lot of poise.

25. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i swear to god the only thing varane has on him is the scoring. if things go right those two will be france's charniere centrale 5 years from now.