2012-2013 Ligue 1 Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by KellanF, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Gourcuff picked up a knock on his knee in the first 10 minutes, and has to come off... :unsure:

Grenier on.

2. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Gerland looks quite empty today.

3. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Bastos! 2-1! A bicycle at that!

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Great goal, glad to be ahead, minutes 25-50 was a very tired and uninspired looking stretch. We came alive after our first goal though.

I would guess about 15,000-20,000 fans

1,500-2,000 shirts.

5. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I came in around 60', Grenier has seemed pretty wasteful. Has it been that way the whole match?

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He had some bright moments after he first entered the much, but overall kind of average today.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    FT 4-1

Great response by the team after falling behind. Hopefully, Gourcuff didn't damage any ligaments, the initial report was a sprained knee.

8. _LMG_10_

_LMG_10_ Member

Mar 9, 2012
  9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Lyon are lucky to get out of this half not having conceded a goal.

My first look at Bisevac, he has looked solid. A couple of good interventions.

11. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    0-1 :mad:

Gonalons gets fouled, gets injured, Evian plays on and scores.

12. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Soooo.... Bastos shouldn't leave for Al Ain. :cry:

1-1. Amazing strike.

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the problem was that both gourcuff and grenier were missing, and OL just doesn't have any 4-4-2 DNA. gonalons fills up the middle well and makes a good first pass, but isn't going to get assists. and fofana is no help either. if yoyo and grenier are healthy i start them both.

14. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Vercoutre, Réveillère, B.Koné, Bisevac, Dabo, Gonalons, Malbranque, Grenier, Bastos, Lacazette, Gomis

We are down 1-0 right now, terrible marking from Maxime on the eventual header

15. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    1-1, I wonder how many goals Bastos has to score before we decided it's not a good idea to flog him off.

16. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Went to the bathroom, restarted my computer, missed 3 goals. :ROFLMAO:

17. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Grenier is putting in some boss passes right now

18. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    is Lovren still not 100%?

19. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Wow. Grenier!!!

20. Tsigalko

Tsigalko Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Hard to imagine they tried to ship Grenier to Nice before the Gourcuff injury.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Got a little nervous after Valenciennes's 2nd goal, but we held on to get another 3 points. :thumbsup:

I scoffed at the Malbranque signing, but I have to admit that he played quite well today.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    gerland not quite full but obviously moreso than against troyes (there were tumbleweeds rolling down the streets two weeks ago; unless you've been in france in august you have no idea). and the pre-match atmosphere was pumped up by hugo's farewell speech.

temperature plummeted last night, today felt almost wintry, and wind was gusting viciously. herbman can blame max for VAFC's first goal, most are blaming vercoutre, but honestly not even a ouija board could have told you where that corner was going to come down, and without the wind holding it up i'm sure the header flies far aver the bar. it was all cottony like in a dream and just bum luck in my opinion.

OL showed themselves well superior in all departments, though they suffered at the end since in the second half the wind decided once and for all which way it was going to blow and that was right in lyon's face; impossible to get the ball out of our half in the air and though it was nail-biting at times the sangfroid to play the ball on the ground even in our own box was very nice to see, and it led to some good chances... grenier's goal started with a 1-2 between bisevac and vercoutre.

i think everyone did well except fofana who didn't put a foot right in his 10' on the pitch. and lacazette missed two pretty good chances but was decent overall. worthy of special mention: gonalons solid, bastos good too, gomis very useful back to goal. grenier made some goofs in the first few minutes but steadied down and played an excellent match after that. vercoutre pulled off a couple of hugos and was overall very reassuring. but MOTM was... malbranque! after 10 years at fulham, spurs and sunderland it's no surprise he's a gutsy little bastard but he also has a real eye for the game and pulled off a couple of nice breakthroughs too. époustouflant! franchement, j'étais sur le cul!

if no one else leaves before the transfer peiod ends, and when you think there's still licha, gourcuff, lovren and monzon to add to the mix, the present squad shows a lot of promise.

lefutur repped this.
  23. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea the performance yesterday shook me of alot of that doom and gloom I was feeling earlier. Vercoutre acquitted himself well, and I can't forget how much I just like him in general, very passionate player who seems to love the club and the fans. Grenier impressed me yesterday too. I was down on him a bit last season, but this kid is going to be something special. He moves the ball so efforlessly and soomthly at times it's really a treat. Maybe France's next big 10???;)

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The 2nd goal today was perfect in every way, not least of which timing, since Ajaccio was starting to pressure before it.

13 pts. in 5 matches is certainly a good start, but we have stiffer competition and the added matches of Europa League coming up. The next 3, Lille - away, Bordeaux - home, and Lorient - away, will be an important stretch.

25. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    very satisfying performances from all, with three players putting in a pair of mistakes:

- vercoutre booting 2 6m kicks into touch (mediocre kicking game from him all around yesterday)

- RVR sleeping on two passes towards him that could have opened up good attacks.

- max slipping twice to hand dangerous counters to ACA on a platter.

but still none of the above can be said to have put in a bad match.

noteworthy:

- licha back, and first glimpses of mvuemba and monzon.

- very strong performances from dabo, bafé and once again, steed. about 90% of what he did against VAFC was still enough to make him MOTM.

there were even a couple of guys with malbranque jerseys from way back. they're sure glad they didn't give them to the salvation army now!