2012-2013 Ligue 1 Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by KellanF, Aug 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    it's not the question that bothers me it's the answer :

a) la notion de passoire est independante de la notion de trou

b) s'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de probleme

c) il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes

but the answer is obviously ...

d) si ça fait mal c'est que ça fait du bien.

2. KellanF

KellanF Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Midwestern US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I was just thinking..how have Reims not scored yet? Then that. Lyon may not deserve anything from this match but I can't say I'm happy to go down 0-1 after that penalty and red card.

3. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Been completely toothless in this half. We're finished...

4. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    1 win in the last 6 league games, 3 straight losses. What has happened to this team?!

5. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    this man left. and its been a slow, steady decline ever since.

[​IMG]

6. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ASSE is ahead us on goal difference, and I don't think it will be possible to close that goal difference gap.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    off the podium and behind the two teams that i really need OL to be ahead of to save face. how much does this suck?

a lot.

not that long ago this was being the best season to support OL in a long time. now it's looking to turn into the worst.

CoDave repped this.
  8. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    too bad they're not a score four!

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Guignol i really want Lyon in the champions league spot its really important for french football for the record.... third place could for for Lille or Nice or St Etienne

11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    they were all good yesterday!

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OL 3-1 TFC

a match where gerland ran the gamut of all the emotions!

first, surprise when we saw the compo: RVR was expected, umtiti in CD was no shock (it's his real position) but so long since we've seen him there, kone not unexpected either in view of the suspension of bisevac and the situation with lovren, but he hasn't been the player who's inspired the most confidence... and so many starters we've seen so little of recently: yoyo, jimmy, dabo... but RG needed to shake things up so what the hell...

and it worked real good at first, and the fairly early goal, with great work from alex, and a huge effort from clem was a big relief! we were gonna win! finally!

then the equalizer, with very lackluster defending, burst the bubble. we were no longer ahead of les verts, and with alex injured and gomis on... who hasn't looked his old self in a month, not to mntion the need to change formation in the middle of the stream, confidence was falling both on the pitch and in the stands and the worst was staring us right in the face.

RVR out at HT (much had been expected from him: it was wondered if his being out of the lineup might have been the cause for the recent slump) for... fofana? i imagined that meant sam going to LB, dabo switching to RB and max moving back, but no, fofana went straight to RB... whatever!

and whatever... worked! our gones came out and did the job, and the four in the above pic, plus licha, plus golis and fofana were all huge in the second half. and as the team started to jell, even gourcuff looked better and better.

before the match i wondered if gerland would be as hot as the night before for the fenottes; 22,000 people and a higher percentage making noise than is usual for the men... but when the clock was winding down and it was clear that we were going to win, and even win 3-1, with no surprises, gerland started chanting like i haven't seen it since the champs league. the last 15 minutes was communion.

ma drogue c'est l'olympique lyonnais!
    j'pourrais jamais m'en passer!
    c'est comme une maladie,
    j'en serai jamais gueri!

[​IMG]
    the pic that says it all.

StarrMatthieu, lefutur and AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    MHSC 1-2 OL

i still can't believe it.

i was already happy enough that we were going to get out of that with a draw!

next up :

[​IMG]

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    clem wasn't very good really today, in fact both teams were bothered by the pressure. aubameyang missed three good chances, but the opportunities were pretty even, and after a half hour of just looking at each other like chiens en faience the match was open, hard fought and good to watch even if it wasn't the highest level. yoyo's goal wasn't pretty but took a lot of concentration, balance and determination. a good strike really. it seems strange to say it but a draw in the derby, even at home, and staying 2 pts. ahead of les verts is a pretty good outcome. i'm relieved anyway.

lopes did OK stepping in for vercoutre, in a way remy's injury may be a good thing since i think loped was already tabbed to be the starter next season and this gets him in the saddle.

[​IMG]

15. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yea it was kinda of ugly but i still enjoyed it thoroughly. Lots of scrambling at the end there, you could tell that both teams didn't really content with the draw. Almost snatched victory there at the end. I loved Gourcuff's goal. Allez L'OL

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    scrambling is what i love. joga bonito is boring.