2012-2013 Bundesliga Match Day 15 - FC Bayern München v Borussia Dortmund [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Nov 29, 2012.

?

How will Saturday's match between Bayern and BVB turn out?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2012.
  1. Big victory for BVB (By two goals or more)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Big victory for Bayern (By two goals or more)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Close victory for BVB

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Close victory for Bayern

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Controversial victory for BVB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Controversial victory for Bayern

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Draw

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  8. I don't know how it will turn out.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2012-2013 Bundesliga Match Day 15

[​IMG]
    FC Bayern München

versus

[​IMG]
    Borussia Dortmund

[​IMG]

Saturday, December 1, 2012 - 6:30 PM (CET) – Allianz Arena, München (Munich)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The two clubs come into this match on completely different levels yet in some areas close at the same time. I will explain this later.

Right now, the fact isFC Bayern München comes into the match comfortably in first place, a full 11 points ahead of third place Borussia Dortmund and a full 10 points ahead of second place Bayer Leverkusen. Bayern has clinched the unofficial “Herbstmeister” title faster than anyone else in history and is on pace to shatter the all-time Bundesliga points record set just last season by Borussia Dortmund. Everything is going Bayern’s way so far this Bundesliga season. Borussia Dortmund, on the other hand, comes into this match after having dropped two home points to Bundesliga promotees Fortuna Düsseldorf.

What is crazy is that draws are keeping Borussia Dortmund off Bayern’s tails. However, it has to be said that what Bayern is doing so far this season is nothing short of F#CKING IMPRESSIVE!

In fourteen matches, they have twelve victories, one draw and just one defeat, at home to Bayer Leverkusen. Bayern also has a F#CKING IMPRESSIVE +35 goal difference (40-5). The closest club to them in this department is Borussia Dortmund at “just” +14 (29-15).

In their fourteen matches, Borussia Dortmund has just two defeats. Second place Leverkusen has three and third and fourth place Scheisse and Frankfurt both have four defeats. However, Borussia Dortmund also just has seven wins compared to Bayern’s twelve and five draws compared to Bayern’s one. Bayern is simply winning more matches and those lost points in draws are adding up for Dortmund.

For information purposes, second place Leverkusen has eight wins and three draws.

This season notwithstanding, Borussia Dortmund is still coming into this match with a five-match winning streak over Bayern in all competitive matches. However, Bayern did win the last meeting between the two clubs in the pre-season Liga-Total Cup.

However, one of the things we’ve seen in the past couple of seasons when it comes down to these two clubs is that form going into the match isn’t always indicative of the way the match will turn out. Of the five consecutive matches BVB has won over Bayern, I have to admit I thought Bayern would win three of them beforehand. Once again, I can’t see anything based in reality that suggests to me BVB will win this match. I will once again HOPE to be wrong, but I don’t see how Bayern doesn’t take the three points.

I’m sorry. I know for some that doesn’t make me a “good fan.” I’m just being real. Naturally, I hope we’ll win, but nothing tells me we should. The best thing I’ve got going for me on this is that I’ve been wrong three of the last five times. Again, I hope I’m wrong for the fourth time of six, but I’ve got Bayern to win this one.

Here is the USA, the match will be shown live on GolTV.

Match projections should follow sometime tomorrow. I just wanted to get the thread started since the Fortuna Düsseldorf thread was already starting to turn into a Bayern match thread………

2. CanStriker

CanStriker Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Good work keeping it real footy. I too have Bayern the favourites, especially at the Allianz. Only advantage for BvB is that Bayern must win their CL game on Wednesday if they wish to top their group whereas BvB can field their U21 team if they wish. This might not make any difference at all though, we will see.

3. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think if we can get a result with our best 11. JH would still field them against BATE weds and try to scrape by a win.. Most likely rest 3 players at half time if we have a decent lead..

It's going to be a tough schedule..

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good point. And the last time Bayern overlooked BATE, they got beaten.

However, I fully expect Bayern to field their best 11 for Saturday's match.

I guaran-f#ckin'-tee you Bayern has had this match circled since the schedule was released.......

I don't expect Jupp Heynckes to "pull a Gregg Popovich." ;):D (Dhajj will get that one)

CanStriker and Dhajj repped this.
  5. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    game will be seen in 203 countries

BL record.

CanStriker and Dhajj repped this.
  6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Haha! Don't get me started on that crap ;)

7. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is no way Jupp fields anything but his best line-up. We have to break that losing streak.

8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    If we beat Bayern in both games this season, their lead would be 5 pts which is not that big considering how many games are left. We can overcome them if we get eliminated early in the Champions League. If we play just once a week, no team apart from bayern in the bundesliga comes anywhere close to us.

Bayern's style of play fits ours perfectly. They love having possession of the ball and we love defending deep and counter attacking. That's why we beat them time and time again. They give us space and we know how to use that.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Projected Match Data - This Is Not Official

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Projected Bayern München Starters: Neuer - Lahm, Dante, Badstuber, Alaba - Martinez, Schweinsteiger - Müller, Kroos, Ribery - Mandzukic

Projected Bayern München Substitutes Bench: Starke - Rafinha, Boateng, Contento, Tymoshchuk, Shaqiri, Gomez, Pizarro

Questionable For Bayern München: Unknown

Out For Bayern München: Robben (not match fit), Can (torn ligaments), Luiz Gustavo (fitness training)

[​IMG]

Projected Borussia Dortmund Starters: Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Bender - Reus, Götze, Grosskreutz - Lewandowski

Projected Borussia Dortmund Substitutes: Langerak - Kirch, Santana, Leitner, Perisic, Blaszczykowski, Schieber

Questionable For Borussia Dortmund: Götze (thigh brusing), Gündogan (ankle brusing), Hummels (patellar tendon issues)

Out For Borussia Dortmund: Sebastian Kehl (knee), Chris Löwe (groin issue), Owomoyela (fitness training)

Referee - Peter Gagelmann

[​IMG]

Peter Gagelmann was the referee for BVB's victory over Bayern in last season's German Cup Final. This season, Gaglemann called BVB's 1-1 draw at Hannover. Saturday's match will be the 23rd time Gaglemann has supervised a Bundesliga match involving BVB. BVB's record in the previous 22 matches is 11 victories, three draws and eight defeats.

Sideline Assistants: Matthias Anklam, Sascha Thielert
    Fourth Official: Daniel Siebert

Nearing Yellow Card Suspension: Schweinsteiger (4)

Projected Spectator Count: The Allianz Arena is always sold out for Bayern's Bundesliga matches. (71,000)

[​IMG]

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK. No one can blame you for clutching on to hope......

11. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Beating them twice this season again is a big big if. If it really happens though, it will be more than hope. It will be a real possibility because we will be better after the winter break. I can feel it. We wont go very far in the Champions League so after that we will be able to concentrate on the league.

12. Js367124

Js367124 Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Footy you think Kloop is starting kevin over kuba for bayern? Its possible, figure you know better then me and I am genuinely curious.

13. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the opposite.. Dortmund 2nd this year but go very far in the CL

14. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    even if timh19's dream comes true and we beat bayern on both occasians, both teams WILL drop points, and we will drop more then bayern. half a season to go but i dont see us comin back from this and winning BL again, unless something drasticly changes in our game or bayerns. my point is: we should settle for 2nd this year, lol we gonna have to work hard for that too

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think beating them twice has a chance in hell of happening.........

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes. Kevin is the guy who plays the best against Ribery or Robben.

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Second or third. I just hope people won't panic if we're 4th or 5th at the winter break.

18. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011

I dont think we can go to 5th. Look at Eintracht. They are starting to lose every game and the other teams are too far behind. It is obvious that this season the top 4 are easily going to be fcb,bvb,s04 and leverkusen.
    I am very surprised Leverkusen are second. I mean how the hell did that happen ? They looked really pathetic in the beginning of the season and I havent watched them since. A midfield trio of Rolfes,Reinartz and Bender lacks imagination and ability going forward. I dont rate them at all to be honest. Bender is good but not the other two. Castro is an okay player but not anything special. Schuerrle has very poor decision making.I know their new Spanish right back gets a lot of hype but I havent seen him play. I dont think their good run is going to last long or maybe I am underestimating Lewandowski and Hyypia. I am confident we will fnish ahead of them.

19. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They found a system that suits their players. Carvajal is amazing and one of the best transfers anywhere in Europe IMO and Reinartz and Rolfes, for their lack of ability, are great workhorses. Schürrle is finally playing up to his potential and Kiessling and Castro do a lot of work off the ball. Whether it lasts I don't know but this is as consistent as they've been since Heynckes.

20. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But if they continue this run, they def need more from the summer transfer if they want to compete in the CL again next season...

21. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Robben wont be playing So I think Kuba might be better or does Kevin play to the right as well?

22. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup...best case scenario is getting 4 pts off them

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    can someone pls PM me a stream?

24. david29

david29 Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1-1, fulltime. At least our recent record at the Allianz remains strong, even if this failed to gain us any ground on Bayern and saw us fall 3 points behind Leverkusen in 3rd. That said, a share of the points was always a strong possibility, not least because of the strengths of both teams, but the fact Bayern's lead is so comfortable that even with the events of the last 2 seasons in mind, I'm pretty sure they and most of their fans would sacrifice a little bit of revenge for a more-than-healthy 11 point margin.

Not over yet, by a long shot. But you do rather get the sense that just as many of us are currently thinking that it's '2nd spot and a hopefully long run in the European Cup' as far as ambitions go for the rest of this season, we'll still be thinking that come March. Would love to be wrong, and to come back from a goal down against Bayern is still a very good achievement, but our focus really does look like being 2nd place heading towards Christmas.

25. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was a heart attack game.. Gotze is the Bayern killer as he's done before..

But I think Bayern should've had at least another goal with the amount of chances they had..

Your goalie was on super god mode today., which he does constantly in the "big" games..

We will take a draw any day ;)