Rumor: 2012-2013 Brazilian Transfer/Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by leonidas, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    World Soccer magazine has posted its list of Europe's most sought-after players for the summer transfer-window and four Brazilians made the top ten names.

• 1. Neymar (Santos)
    • 2. Robin Van Persie (Arsenal)
    • 3. Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale)
    • 4. Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos)
    • 5. Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)
    • 6. Willian (Shakhtar Donetsk)
    • 7. Aly Cissokho (Lyon)
    • 8. Dante (Borussia Monchengladbach)
    • 9. Jefferson Farfán (Schalke-04)
    • 10. Olivier Giroud (Montpellier)
    • 18. Douglas (Twente)
    • 30. Dedé (Vasco)
    • 31. Romulo (Vasco)
    • 32. Lucas (São Paulo)
    • 41. Leandro Damião (Internacional)
    • 44. Kaká (Real Madrid)
    • 47. Alexandre Pato (Milan)
    Dante needs a call-up immediately, and Willian needs a shot at some more playing time.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The Dutch league is not an elite European league. The coaching and youth development are world class though. Ironically a lack of big television income forces Dutch clubs to focus on youngsters. There currently are over 50 under 21s with a starting place at a club in the Dutch league. By the time you'll likely know and rate them, they'll have long left the Netherlands.

By the by, I'm not really sure why a Brazilian would slag off Dutch football. Do you feel comfortable doing this considering Brazil's track record vs the Dutch in modern football? All those players that beat Brazil had their football education in what you call the crap Dutch league. Things that make you go hm......

As for Douglas, he already has a Dutch passport but has to stay in Holland until September to make him eligible for the Dutch national team. At Twente we expect that he'll do exactly that, and then move to the premiership in the christmas transfer window. He's under no illusion that he'll ever get called up by Brazil.

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    still think it's a bit premature on his part, considering he would be a suitable replacement for Luisao -- a tall lanky defender. granted, he probably wouldn't have the same storied national career as the pillars of recent Brazilian defenses, like Lucio, Juan, and now Thiago Silva, but Luisao's 40 caps is nothing to scoff at, and in my book, that's an admirable comparison.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    didn't Ajax get schooled by Palmeiras a couple of months ago?? smh

Dutch League is terrible imo. Like you said, your best Youth players leave, so whats left in the league??? nothing but Average players.. especially on defense when you let below-average players like Afonso Alves bang in goals like its nothing. Dutch league make below-average/average players look good.

Dutch League yes is a great great great league for YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, but thats basically it. Its a feeder league.. you either leave for a big team, or just stay and become average. its one extreme to another.

5. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ganso at four and lucas moura and damiao at 32 and 41 lolol

[]__[]

6. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Zé Roberto joins Gremio after Santos snub, intresting transfer, after a year out of high level football, i'll be intriguied to see if he'll be like a Roberto Carlos kind of superfit beast, or somewhere along the lines of an average Gilberto Silva (shadow of his former self).

7. Senior Tigr

Senior Tigr Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Warsaw, Poland
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    What do you think about Mario Fernandes' transfer to CSKA (confirmed officially yesterday)?

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    holds a lot of baggage mentally and psychologically. other then that.. great prospect.

9. Vinícius Nakamura

Vinícius Nakamura New Member

May 8, 2012
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    1 - 100 scale
    mental: 85
    speed: 50
    defensive: 80
    ofensive/ability: 75

he isnt like Cafú or Dani Alves. he is more like a Phillipp Lahm. balanced :]

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    News is.. Vasco da Gama's young volante, Allan, is off to Udinese...

He joins Centreback, Neuton, who also signed with Udinese earlier this season from Gremio.

11. rodrigolei

rodrigolei New Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro

Mario Fernandes was called to deffend the Brazilian National Team in a friendly game and he disappeared. He may not adapt in Russia. However, I wish good luck to him and I hope can do a great job in CSKA.

12. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    The worst place for him to go is to Russia, where it can be depressing for some Brazilian people (See Thiago Silva) and not easy to adapt to.

The kid has problems mentally and I think this is a bad career choise for him depending on previous events (NT snub, dissappearing for like a week to Gremio having the police trying to find him).

Hope he'll be good though - great young fullback who made strides in his game adapting to a new position.

13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Lol he was found at a bar the night he snubbed the NT and he ran away to Sao Paulo because of being homesick and lack of mental fortitude while in his first few weeks at Gremio.

He's a very awkward person, but I hope him the best.. God knows Brazil need some talented defenders

14. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Cruzeiro have sold promising 19 yr old goleiro, Gabriel, to AC Milan for 500,000 Euros...

Lol.

15. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Rumours Circulating Maicon is being a pain in the arse towards the Inter management.
    With only 1 year left on the contract, he wants them to agree to terminate the remaining year so he's free to join Cruziero. It would seem Inter want a fee minimum

Thoughts?? :)

16. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Depends what Cruzeiro fans expect from him..

17. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd kill to have him at Santos.

18. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I heard he's going to Real Madrid.

19. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    These are all rumors:
    Maicon to Chelsea
    Lucio to Juventus
    And Milan is shopping Robinho. With him stating he prefers Santos.

20. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He needs to just stay theren if he goes back to Santos.

21. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Robinho wants to come back to Santos and another rumor i read that actually might happen is Diego to Flamengo. Someone from Flamengo went over to negotiate so we'll see .

22. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    He wanted a salary almost as much as Ronaldinho made :rolleyes:. Anyway, he just agreed to new terms with Atletico Madrid a day ago, and the only thing that is pending is the stuff with his old club. So I think Flamengo dodged a bullet in terms of another financial mess.

23. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Gosh ... tell him to win a ballon Dor (or a CL) then he can ask whatever ...

24. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Money grabbing Lucio's opted to sign for Juve with a hefty 5.2million, 2 year deal. Mercienary, I was hoping he'd honor his word and return to Brazil now, rather then 36 or 37...Oh well I hope it backfires and he's drops down in the juve side, and doesn't make the squad for 2014 WC.