Rumor: 2012-2013 Brazilian Transfer/Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by leonidas, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Good.

2. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Wow, I totally forgot Coutinho was in Europe. 18 years Brazilians have no business going to big European clubs at that aged unless we talking about Ronaldo like talent.

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i think the only player of that age who even found any success in Europe since Ronaldo was Pato.

will be interesting to see how Piazon adapts. he's been selected as a bench player for tomorrow's match against Swansea. he's apparently looked very good for the youth team. hopefully, he can get about 20 minutes of action. and with ramires injured, there's certainly the chance to see Piazon play a greater role in the EPL, especially since the title is out of reach for them at this point.

4. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Actually, Coutinho has the talent to play in Europe but, he's no Ronaldo Fenomeno. The kid is brilliant and is a great playmaker. The problem is that when Leonardo was coaching Inter, he never played him and that really hurt his confidence. The lack of playing time affected him so much that he did not have a good U20 tournament when he was expected to be the biggest star. He is a kid who was competing with Neymar a couple of years for best brazilian talent. I don't care if you are the best player in the world but, if you spend one year on the bench with virtually no playing time, you will stop being the best. In fact, it will take a while before you can regain your confidence. Right now, Coutinho needs to start playing. Hopefully, he will get back in shape in time to make the Olympics team. He has the potential to be the creative midfielder that Brazil has been looking for but, he must first regain his confidence.

5. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Even though most would say that the title is out of reach, they wont change the team selection based on that. They still have to fight for 3rd [automatic CL spot] or 4th [CL spot, thru qualifiers]. They cannot afford to go out of the CL, and currently they are 4th. They cant slip lower than that. The way the league has been going this season, there are no guarantee's... especially for PT for Lucas.

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Speaking of this, Lucas Piazon has impressed at Chelsea and was given a contract extension to 2017. And due to some injuries, he actually made the squad list for their next game against Swansea. I like this cara a lot, I fully expect him to tear it up in the EPL in a couple years.

7. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Coutinho should be back in full form by the end of 2012, and do you see big potential in him like Neymar?
    He left for Europe too early, he should have stayed in Brazil until around now or 2013.

Brazil should have a very good chance of winning 2012 Soccer Olympics :)

8. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    There are exceptions Pato, the twins and Marcelo were all brought at 18 years of aged and have done well in general but in those cases I still didn't like it.

I prefer our talents staying in Brazil at least till your 20-22 developing both mentally and physically all the while getting consistent playing time.

9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
  10. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    Ronaldo was in his 20s and WOPTY when he joined Inter. I think Kaka was in his 20s also when he went straight to Milan and conquered. Italy can be unforgiving for flair players and Inter aren't traditionally an exspansive team. Countiho played a few times under Benitez but looked like a kid amongst men even though he played reasonably well. The difference between Neymar and Countinho is the formers supreme confidence...once he grows that Marge Simpson afro back he'll be fine.

11. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Every time I watch Inter and they throw Coutinho in, he seems like he adds a certain something in their attack. I also think he has played favorably in the very limited time he has gotten, including last year in the CL knockout stages where he provided a spark to a dull offense very late in the games. What sucks is that his style of play doesn't seem to jive with what Inter is trying to do.

12. Izzy9

Izzy9 Member

Apr 21, 2011
    U.S.
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He had potential like Neymar. He seemed more complete at the time. I hope he can gain back his confidence and start playing great soccer again. It's not that he left for Europe too early but, rather that he went to the wrong environment. Perhaps, he should have gone to the dutch or german league or even the portuguese league for a couple of years. He would have gotten a lot of playing time while at the same time being under a lot less pressure. It is not too late for Coutinho. He just needs to believe in himself again and realize that he is very special. Of course, he must continue to work really hard. With the world cup being around the corner, that will be great motivation for him.

13. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    R10 update: FLA and Traffic are meeting for the last time tomorow to try and work this thing out. Flamengo also said they are looking into different avenues to secure him, including some strange things that I really didn't understand.

What I don't understand is how Traffic can get away with not paying his wages for so long. And why FLA is the one who is ultimately on the hook for it. Is Brazil's contract/employment laws that much different than the State's? Why is Traffic not legally obligated to pay the wages they owe?

15. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I've seen the same thing when i watch him in the game he seems to cause a lot of problems and he also combines pretty well with Nagatomo the few times i saw him. Hopefully in espanyol he'll get to show his talents because he is good. Also with what neymar and lucas are doing with damiao, and others show that you can benefit from staying home a lot longer instead of signing pretty young. If neymar wouldve left a few years ago to europe he would be sitting on some big club bench probably but by staying in brasil he became a big star. Is getting paid a lot of money and is a regular in the national team over players that were just as good as him but left to europe like costa, william, coutinho.

16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Article from SambaFoot regarding Damiao and Oscar:

"Catalan newspaper 'Sport' is reporting that Barcelona are looking closely at a double bid for Internacional's Oscar and Leandro Damião.
    No figures are discussed in the article, but the piece offers descriptions of the Barcelona targets, including the description of Leandro Damião as a 'goal-scoring tank'.
    The rumours may seem like tabloid rubbish, but with the current dispute over Oscar's ownership, there has certainly never been a better time to approach the youngster."

17. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    German media reports, that Dante will change over to Bayern München after the season. Despite the fact that this will be a big disappointing for me as fan of Gladbach I can understand him considering the recognition he got in Brazil for his great performances for our club - in fact he's the chief of the best defense in the *********n whole world by stats right now and that in one of the most attacking and scoring leagues. So I hope he can fulfill his dream and play the WC in Brazil if he continue his performances of the last 3 years.

18. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    It's a sad reality that unless these guys play for a top 10-15 recognized club in Europe, they will get severely overlooked. Just look at what Hulk had to do to get a call-up. It's a shame really.

19. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    According to Sambafoot, Ramirez stated he would love to return to Brazil if there was a decent offer. He said he liked the fact that younger players are staying and veterans are returning.

20. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    in what regard? brazilian coaches have always paid attention to the portuguese league - although the record of Portugal-based forward on the National team has ever been that good -- see Jardel. and, it could just as easily backfire. look at how much crap Dunga gets, still, with respect to calling up Afonso Alves, who was killing it in the Netherlands.

and a player playing for the japanese 2nd division (where hulk was originally), has no business on any top 20 national team.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hulk went back to Brazil and noone knew who he was lool.. not even his own Town. That kinda of an indicator of how "Big" the Portuguese league is over there. Porto only happens to gain recognition due to its generally great performances in International Competition, same for Benfica.

Killing it in Netherlands is as about as note worthy as someone scoring a hattrick against Bermuda. That League is so poor and Afonso Alves is evidence why.. look where he is now.

Like Notre said. If he's not at a big team in Europe, I don't want him. Yes Nene.. that means you will never get a call-up.

22. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Yup, that Luis Suarez fella sure does suck...

:p

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    so how many goals does Bryan Ruiz have...

:D

24. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    lol Not that many, but he's not been playing upfront like he was in Holland.

25. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    also, hulk never playing in brazil really has a lot more to do with his anonymity. most people knew who he was about a year or two ago.

kuyt, suarez, ronaldo, romario, RVN, all had stellar careers in the netherlands. the gaudy stats always deserve a grain of salt, but there's nothing wrong in gambling on calling up a player if he has the numbers to back it up and plays in a good league.