2012-2013 All Houston Sports Talk except Dynamo

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by The_Ponce, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 1992 Buffalo Bills disagree.

2. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New England is 41-5 in December. We got our ass handed to us but it's okay. We're still in the playoffs almost guaranteed home field advantage and these guys are going to have to play in our turf and we still control our own destiny. I pretty much knew we were going to lose this game when I saw the schedule but I figured we could still show off a little bit on national television. My prediction of 13-3 is looking pretty accurate but I hope the boys prove me wrong I would much rather have 14-2.

3. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm trying not to think about it. There is no reason for Les and the Wild to not make this happen. One of the most storied franchises in the AHL, attendance leader, great fans. newtex and myself have talked about it before and you get the feeling that those things don't matter and I get it but, damn, c'mon....

4. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry about that guys.

Grimmjow316, The_Ponce and el nordissimo repped this.
  5. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I'm going there to watch the fight tonight with my orange and white Dynamo cap on.
    [​IMG]
    It starts at 8:30 pm on HBO.

*rey* repped this.
  6. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really wanted to go. :/

7. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Congrats, Texans are back-2-back AFC South champs. :)

8. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not impressed. Hopefully the Texans don't touch that trophy/plaque/tshirt and we can keep going through

9. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a related note, I can't seem to talk to anyone about Andrew Luck without calling him Oliver at least once.

I guess it's fitting that Luck plays for the team with a horseshoe on their helmets.

CeltTexan and The_Ponce repped this.
  10. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont touch the trophy Texans!

11. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't even get a trophy. I'm surprised they make shirts. It's like making a shirt for making the playoffs.

12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They make a banner for it. Divison Champs banner.

13. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to get used to this success. You don't see New England Patriots fans celebrating every time they win their division. It's actually kind of pathetic. I never liked the fact that the Astros celebrated Wild Card "Championships". That literally means that qualifying for the playoffs makes you a champion. I support celebrating conference titles or league titles (AL/NL), you know stuff that means you qualify for a final. I'm all for getting AFC/NFC/AL/NL/EC/WC merchandise and banners, but for stuff like this it just seems um...lackluster.

14. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is odd is that as a youth, nobody celebrated making the playoffs, it was just the goal at the end of the season. Yet in many pro sports in our nation we witness grown men popping champagne for just winning their opening round or the like.
    Call me crazy but I'm not celebrating with champagne anything save the one title that closes out the sport's season.

15. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If everyone were a Dynamo fan, we wouldn't have this problem. 4 Conference and 2 League Championships in 7 years will burn that outta you.

Sadly, besides us, and to a lesser extent the Aeros, this city has become starved for trophies. Or playoffs in general.

The_Ponce repped this.
  16. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A chance to wrap up home field advantage throughout the playoffs and the Texans lay an egg.

You shouldn't be surprised by this.

17. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I'm not worried yet, the Texans got the Colts next week and Indy will rest their starters because they already clinch a playoff spot. The Broncos are on a hot streak and are now a threat to the Texans' road to the Super Bowl.

18. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    After looking at the standings and playoff scenarios, the Texans might fall to the 3rd seed if they lose and the Broncos and the Patriots win. Still the Texans control their own destiny.

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I don't think so isn't their head coach coming back next week no way they rest. Also Kubiak has to mix up that play calling to damn predictable also TE have vanished in these last couple games hence why AJ is having to carry TE workload not sure what happened to the team.

20. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm looking forward to seeing what new, unusual, and painful way the American football team from Houston will come up with to flame out in the playoffs. I used to think that they'd make it to the AFC title game, but now I'm not so sure.

21. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NFL playoffs have become more about the hot team than the best team during the season. Texans have peaked already, wouldn't surprise me if they didn't win a playoff game this year.

22. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back in the day I used to have a saying for our Texans. Soy hincha de los Texans en las malas, las malas, y las peores! (I'm a Texans' fan in the bad, the bad, and the worst moments!) This derives from the popular soccer saying of "en las buenas y las malas" (in the good and the bad). I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I was supporting my team when we had losing seasons. I'll support them even if they flame out in the playoffs, but I know that they won't, and the same goes for EVERY team from HTX. We'll pick ourselves back up, and the three weaknesses I see that'll MAY (not will) keep us from making a deep run are:

1) Dependence on Foster in the running game.
    2) Kubiak
    3) No Cushing.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well we will see next Sunday they have to try to win in Indy something they have never done. Now how about them Rockets kind of weird that the Bulls are the opponent I expected a divisional rival.

24. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping for the best, but I have to prepare myself mentally for cruel and unusual
    punishment.

The Texans are going to have to run the ball and control time of possession if they are to be successful in the playoffs.

25. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    We may never see a record like we have had this season again for many, many years.