2012-2013 All Houston Sports Talk except Dynamo

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by The_Ponce, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. OrangeCajun

OrangeCajun Member

Nov 28, 2006
    Cypress, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Big East has been dropped from the automatic qualifiers starting next year. A lot of the western teams are now trying to rejoin the Mountain West.

3. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm a UH guy, but your post made me laugh. The Coogs In a BCS bowl game???

No superstar recruit in any sport is going to attend a school in the Third Ward. It's just not happening. And coaches are now using UH as a spring board to "real" jobs! It was such a great feeling (sarcasm here) over the last two weekends watching two Texas schools knock off then #1 teams, and being coached by former UH coaches!!

Levy2k6 repped this.
  4. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...Ching-s-4-goals-Here-are-10-great-4063430.php

(posted this here cuz i couldn't find a weekly mls/news thread on here)

5. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your first statement is only partially true: any Big East champ ranked above previous non-AQ conference champs will qualify. Your second statement is just incorrect, and frankly, it would be stupid for SDSU or Boise to pull out. A conference with Boise State, the Aztecs, UH, SMU, UCF, and USF will clearly be better than CUSA, MWC, or . The new Big East will garner far more TV money than CUSA or MWC could ever dream of. Their combined media exposure and cache among pundits for the recent results will at least allow them to tread water above the hoi polloi.

This whole thing is in a state of flux any way. There weren't supposed to be AQ schools any more. First there were designated (semi-)finals, now there are bowl tie-ins. There were supposed to be seven bowls, now there's six.

Rivals disagrees. Although your overall sentiment seems correct. UH has a lot going for it right now, and is only improving. However, you just can't pick campus up and move it to another neighborhood.

Art Briles was a real loss, and I feel for UH fans, but I think Sumlin will eventually disappoint Aggy. His track record for talent evaluation and development is not very good. He rode Keenum (a Briles recruit, might I add) to much of his success.

6. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I know there are a lot of Houston Cougars fans here but their cross-town rivals the Rice Owls are bowl-eligible. They have won 4 in a row after starting 2-6. Congrats and good luck to them on whatever bowl game they are playing.

anderson, The_Ponce and Levy2k6 repped this.
  7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The Texans depth at defense will keep getting tested with that Patriots game looming. But man how far along has Kareem come along from the guy who got burned and couldn't turn his head he actually did a good job covering Calvin as compared to Ball and McCain as the game progressed.

Also my thoughts and prayers go out to McHale and his family for the lose of his daughter.

8. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    There's no rivalry there, Rice sucks! And their "bowl eligibility" says more about the crappy state of college football than it says about Rice. Who cares if they make it to the Axe Anti-perspirant Bowl in Armpit, Mississippi, or whatever! They beat six opponents with a combined Win/Loss record of 20-51!! Eleven random guys from Big Soccer could beat Rice.:D

9. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm told that the New Orleans Bowl is most likely, although the bowl game in Ft. Worth is also possible. Shockingly, everyone's hoping for New Orleans. :D

We went to the New Orleans Bowl in '06 and a good time was had by all. It was just a little over a year after Katrina, and the city was still reeling. Random people would walk up to us and just thank us for coming. It initially saddened me to see how much New Orleans was still suffering, but we ended up feeling good about bring able to contribute - even just a little - to helping get things going again. I have a lot of great memories of New Orleans going back at least 30 years and would live to go back again for the bowl game.

10. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's a downer....

....in happier news we beat the Raptors. 117-101 Houston won, however, it was the game that was dedicated to the coach's daughter's passing. :/

Levy2k6 repped this.
  12. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Y U NOT PLAY BETTER AGAINST FORMER TEAM?! Y U LYKE DAT HARDEN?!

13. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't hate. OKC should be in conference finals by the end of the year

14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Can't be too mad they did have to go from Houston to Minnesota then to Oklahoma they must have been exhausted.

15. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Bulls on Parade up 21-3 so far. Looks like its going to be 11-1 before the big Monday night matchup against NE Pats.

Heft repped this.
  16. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    [​IMG]

JJ Watt is having a field day.

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No matter how much I like/follow our other Houston teams, it is going to be a long Winter break until CCL play.

And that is from me a Houston lifer. Nothing compares to our Dynamo. Nothing like supporting your association football team. NOTHING!

18. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Rockets-Lakers game is very close one right now.

19. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yeah, Rockets won. F*** YOU, KOBE!!!

20. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game was great. I was there.

Foul Dwight is a great defensive play. Lol

21. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harden and Lin went a combined 5-27 in the game, and we still won.

I am going to the game on Monday night, lets hope it is not a freezing night!

22. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great win over LA. After going to the game, I really think we should make a move for Lee Nguyen. We need Nguyensanity at the Dynamo games! I can just imagine another SG of crazy Vietnamese.

DNez2001 repped this.
  23. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lin isn't earning his paycheck yet.

Other not, does the scoreboard always have issues or is it just at every game I attend

24. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NBA TV had the last minute of the game last night. Good stuff, enjoyed the win. Still possess from you know what however.

Back to our Rockets. Didn't we have a Hustle Board as well back in the day at The Summit...where did that go. We need to get our Dynamo on board for that. A Hustle Board in association football can keep track of saves, slide tackles, 50/50 balls won, bookings and shots on frame.

Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  25. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Btw. The public wifi at Toyota Center is legit. We need to get the other Houston stadiums on board, specifically Reliant