2012-14 U22/AFC U22 Asian Cup

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jsk14, May 8, 2012.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Lol sore loser...

2. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm mad bro.
    But enjoy the win :thumbsup:

3. korfan

korfan Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I guess Korea lost then. There goes my bet with my Iraqi friend :oops:

4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I will ;)

5. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    sureno u know u use overaged players yet u come to our threads and troll. can u plz never again come back to any korea related threads ever again.

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Asian Games is going to be fun.

********ing hell do we really have to rely on this clueless manager to lead us? ********.

Our 91-92 players are worse than 93-94. Playing last years U-20 squad would have done better, at least they wouldnt kick longballs all the time.

7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Both team played like sh!t today. Both teams are missing their keys players from the AFC U19 competition.

What I saw from our side:

Some 1-2 touch passes that were nice, but no fcukin' end product.

As Jit stated many times, Lee Gwang-Jong is fcukin' clueless. I am actually impress how we even came this far. I was pretty sure after watching the Jordan match we would get knocked out in the group stage. (We made Myanmar look like a decent opponent.) The chemistry in this team is 0, fcukin' 0.

These two are sh!t:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(sigh) why did Lee Jong-Ho get injured? I know it won't make much of a difference, but it is a upgrade from what we have in this midfield.

Seol Korea and Chaminator repped this.
  8. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pretty much what I expected from this squad. A team short on talent and not even well prepared at all. Surprised they even made it this far playing the way they did, really. Iraq definitely looked much more prepared and IMO has by far been the best as a team. Congrats to them.

Hopefully we'll see more talent injection on the attacking end and midfield by the time Asian Games comes. Really need players with more creativity and talent here regardless of the coaching in my view.

9. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Gwang-jong is going to be like this in the Asian Games. He will pick his favorites and he will use his favorites.

Nothing is going to change, this man will never change. I have seen him long enough to know what he is like.
    Our chances for a medal look very gloomy.

10. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    Iraq beat japan and korea. I wonder why their senior side isn't as good.

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Maybe because this is our senior team? Maybe that is the reason why we do well in this competition ;) Those players are playing for the senior team, and played together for a long time.

12. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    This is almost our senior team. You know our coach in u-22 hakim shaker? Well he is our NT coach aswell. And if he doesnt like, you wont play under him even if youre one of the better once. We have Iraqis which play in Europ but doesnt even get called for the NT just because he have something against Iraqis who live outside of ME.

By the way hard luck and good luck on the 25 jan for the 3rd place

13. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i think a little reservation is in order. i think given the short time he had to prepare the squad and the relative newness of this disorganized tournament wasnt good for the team. this prompted him to pick a pretty poor squad. id first like to see how his team comes together over the next couple months.

14. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    even if iraq uses overaged players there is no way we should still lose to these guys. our boys are in the k league and even if they dont play the iraqi team plays in the iraqi league. this coach had no plan when it came to executing the final play and finishing. just pointless possession play. plus how can a team be so bad at fks. in the past our set pieces where deadly and scored a bunch of goals of that.

15. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007

You need to know that these kids have made it to three finals then 2012, the u-19 ,the gulf cup where we was the team with youngest players almost all of them from the u-20, and fourth in the youth WC and now the finals in u-22. So this is a strong team, and of all teams we have faced so far you where by far the hardest team, even if both ous didnt play our best today.

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    After the first match, I was honestly only worried about Lee Gwang-jong taking over the Rio 2016 squad but now that tournament is over (still 3rd-4th place match lol) I'm worried about how the Asian Games is going to go.

Lee Gwang-jong was honestly the most overrated manager leading up to the managerial position being announced. People all wanted him for two main reasons:
    -He led two U-20 team to Round of 16 and Quarter-finals in each respective World Cups
    -He knows the 91-92, 93-94 generations very well

I think its fair to say that with the preparations for the Asian Games not really going to be long, Lee Gwang-jong, having played with most of the players, was the right choice for that part. But in terms of abilities, Shin Tae-yong is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. I regret Chung Mong-gyu not testing him at least for this tournament.

In terms of his results in the World Cups, they are very overrated. Both teams played really shit in the group stages. Win aginst the minnows of the group and both gone through on lucky third place spot.
    But it's the rounds after the group stages that are the most fustrating part. Every knock-stage matches Lee Gwang-jong never playes the team to win it within the 90 mins. He just hopes the team goes to PK shootouts and he wants it to be decided there. In every training we hear through media (during any knockout stages) is that he trains the team for PK shootouts. Thats all he prepares for.

My fear is that this will be the same outcome in Asian Games. Whatever the group stage opponents, we are most likely going to get past it one way or another. But when it comes to the decisive matches like Semi-finals, we are going to rely on luck. Hong Myung-bo knows what happens if you play to go to the shootouts in the semis.
    He has a pool of talents to choose from - Song Heung-min, Ryu Seung-woo and then wildcards like Kim Shin-wook, Han Kook-young, Lee Myung-joo, Kim Seung-kyu, etc to choose from. But its quite obvious he is going to choose players that fits his category. He doesnt need creativity or technique, he needs TUHON in players.
    In fact, Im not even sure he will bring Kim Shin-wook. I think he's thinking "let Son Heung-min do everything, so I will just stack the midfield and defence will overage players."
    Baek Sung-dong playing in this tournament probably means he has big thoughts of playing him in AG. Hell he's probably even thinking of Ji Dong-won and Nam Tae-hee along with them.

We are going to need big fortunes in the AG to win the gold. Pretty sad with the ingredients we have.

Just as an addition: I personally think that when you exclude the overseas-based players, the 93-94 generation is alot more talented than the 91-92. The Turkey team was alittle more exciting to watch than the Colombia team.
    Overall, the individual defending abilities are alot better.

Seol Korea, aLi.W and skimmilk repped this.
  17. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :cry:

thanks ji for keeping my low expectations even lower :(

18. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think it would be the best for everyone to keep the expectations low. If we have learnt anything to go by from this tournament, is that keeping low expectations would be the wisest thing to do.

The sound of Son Heung-min playing his heart out for that excemption sound good ...

... but we also had Park Chu-young in a Golden Generation team last AG. We were clear clear favorites. Look what happened.

We havent won gold since 1986. This year is the best chance with the home support. But it really feels like we took the wrong first step. Now people are thinking that if we add the Euro players it will be all fine.

I dont think it will be that easy.

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah I had foolishly raised my expectations last time and was let down. I'm not falling into that trap again even if we had a better manager. Looking back at that squad, it boggles the mind that we were knocked out but crazy things happen at these tournaments. We can only hope that we have luck on our side this time and the crazy stuff happens in our favor.

Jitevra repped this.
  20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I get this odd feeling that this years AG will be 2002 all over again when Park Hang-Seo was the manager at that time. We were the clear favorites too with a talented squad, but only to manage a Bronze by beating Thailand 3-0 after we lost to Iran on penalties.

Jitevra repped this.
  21. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh yeah. i forgot this was on.

22. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    iam trying to find links but i cant seem to find any

23. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it seems like jordan won on penalties according to livescores

24. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We lost. PK 2:3... I thought Lee Gwang Jong practiced penalties.

25. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    gg
    this does not bode well at all for the 2014AG