2012-14 U22/AFC U22 Asian Cup

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jsk14, May 8, 2012.

1. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

that fairplay goal :mad:

2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    How sad to score a goal like that.. At least Syria is out

3. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. Shinuke

Shinuke Member+

South Korea
    Jul 21, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Iraq through...another Iraq vs. South Korea

5. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    aww it's not japan?

6. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, Japan was ridiculous from A to Z in that tournament because of an incompetend coach.

7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Revenge match on.

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  9. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    #334 woorijim, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    I don't know why the mods deleted the posts regarding the issue edlee1992 brought up. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it is also something that is worthy of a discussion as long as we keep it in a civil manner.

The way I see it, age fraud in youth tournaments has always been there and it is more prevalently used than you can imagine. In every FIFA/AFC youth tournaments, we always see tons of articles raising allegations against some participating nation(s) using overaged players. FIFA/AFC officials are well aware of this issue, but most of time, they turn a blind eye on this issue. Why? It's simply because it is too costly to carry out investigation and there is no cost-effective technology available to undertake such tests in a limited time frame while the tournament is taking place. So, they simply rely on each federation to NOT ENGAGE in such fraudulent acts. This has allowed an environment where it's easy for nations from the regions of Africa and Middle East to bring their overaged players to the tournament simply by tweaking DOB documents. This inevitably affects other innocent nations from progression and that is why it's important to discuss about it. For instance, our 2006 AG squad lost their one and only chance of military exemption when they lost to the Iraqi side in the semis. What if that Iraqi side turned out to be full of overage players? Same goes for the Japan U-19 team who failed to qualify for 2013 FIFA U-20 WC after losing to Iraq in the Quarters.

I'm just going to use "Iraq" as an example. No offence to some of the Iraqi posters but I truly believe the recurring use of overage players in youth tournaments will bring more hindrance than benefits to your nation in the long term. I see Iraq as a nation that has immense potential to become a regional powerhouse, and I would very much like to see them progress into a mature footballing nation that employs right development programme for their youths.

I see that there has been a lot of discussion about the age fraud in the iraqi forums. I see that some posters are decent enough to come out and say that they don't condone such acts, while some believe it's okay to do so simply because other African nations are also doing it.

Here's some interesting articles,
    "Massive Age fraud in the Iraqi Youth Team"
    http://iraqsport.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/massive-age-fraud-in-the-iraqi-youth-team/

"Koora Forums censors thread on Iraqi Age-Fraud"
    http://iraqsport.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/kooora-forums-censors-thread-on-iraqi-age-fraud/

"Allegations of age fraud with the Iraqi team"
    http://footie360.net/2013/07/09/onc...-youth-tournament-will-fifa-turn-a-blind-eye/

Here's some interesting threads I found,
    "Suren01 admited that age cheating is holding them back"
    http://www.aliraqi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105850&page=9

Some more,
    http://www.aliraqi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105713&page=10
    http://www.aliraqi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=102890&page=31

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    It's annoying how sensitve the mods are on here for any posts in response to these cheating arab countries and/or clubs. Then again, the middle eastern posters have sands in their vagina and will play the victim and/or racism card at every opportunity. :rolleyes:

edlee1992 and TigersOfAsia repped this.
  11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's crazy because they're just hurting themselves. If they want a trophy so badly, go buy one at the store. Because when it's time for the adults to play, they can't cheat ahead simply by forging documents.

12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Because the argument descended into a series of completely incoherent crass comments. Debating about age fraud itself is not a problem.

13. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Holy hell. That cheat goal was even worse that I thought it would be. From the initial descriptions, I thought our defender at least got a foot on the ball before they stole it. That really is just shameful and that guy should be hanging his head afterwards.

14. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It is unfair to blame on our defenders who 'let Syrian forward sneaked into our 18-yard box and score'.
    No Syrian players should have ever touched the ball before we completely possess the ball. That's simply the lex non scripta in this game.

15. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know, I really wouldn't trust anybody in that situation to be of goodwill. Regardless of the fair play and all, once it's scored, it's technically legal and nothing can be done about it. Now, it's not like I'd criticize the defender heavily for that incident or anything, but it's just really something that defender needs to remember for a similar situation next time. Not the first time that we've seen it happen either.

It's perhaps too cynical of a way of looking at things but.. it's just safer to just not trust anyone in this game in a situation like that.

Chingoo and GoYoungrokba repped this.
  16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #342 Jitevra, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    [​IMG]

2012 - 1W 1D
    2013 - 1L
    2014- ?

[No match has been won within 90 mins.]​
    [​IMG]

김현-황의조
    윤일록-권경원-김영욱-백성동
    이재명-황도연-임창우-최성근
    노동건​

18. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We definitely have to beat Iraq with some fashion.
    Iraq will be the biggest obstacle to win the Gold at the Asian Games.

19. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    May the best team win

Suren01 repped this.
  20. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  21. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What a shit first half by both teams. I hope it doesnt go to ET, its so boring. Someone finish it in 90mins.

22. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Iraq scored. Thats what we get for being so shit.

God I hate Lee Gwang-jong. Clueless tactics.

23. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    We arent playing any better. Cant belive this is what Asia have to offer

24. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    stupid grassrollers. your football will never progress you overaged fu*kers.

25. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    No need to use that kind of language. And about the grassrollers, maybe it happens yes. But you need to see how ayour players play asweel. About the age thing is bs. these player have been playing from the u-16 and most of them if not all have been testet.