2012/14 Shinji Kagawa @ Manchester United (ENG/CL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    How about everybody realise he's come back from injury and calm the f down.

2. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He was injured, but let's hope for the best. If he climbs this rock (being compared with Rooney, Van Persie and even Hernandez, who's really under-rated), well.. we have a world-wide champ. Otherwise, we have "just" a great player. But, in both way, SK26 doesn't worry me at all: he always finds a way.

3. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Any ambitious player would move from Dortmund to United or the la Liga big 2. Playing for a club of that magnitude is great both from a monetary and career point of view.

As for Shinji, I think you should reserve judgment until we see him play with some proper wing forwards, be it Nani or someone else Fergie brings in. Kagawa + Young/Valencia wont work.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah we know he has just come back from injury but it wont be long before he willl be considered a flop.

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    How much long? Can you reveal us poor people how many days till his life's end in the world of professional football?
    Just joking.

1 bad match in Fa Cup after 1+ month of injury = he's near the end of his ManUtd career

Yes. Sure.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Things did not look that fkcing great before the injury either.

8. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winning cures all, as long as Man U keeps winning nobody will mind his less than stellar play. Though he hasnt been scoring I think hes been decent just not the same player were accustomed to seeing at Borussia Dortmund where he was the spearhead of the offense and the reason they were Champions 2 years in a row. At ManU he is a role player, I dont know if thats the way Kagawa wants it or is coached but right now that how it is, Man U is very balanced and doesnt have to rely on him. Kagawa would be the first to admit this is not his best form, his transition to the EPL has been rough at times and the injury didnt help either. Everyone expected big things from the guy and he didnt live up to the hype, but the season is not over, I think there will be great things ahead for Kagawa and Man U, thank goodness his coach, teammates, and fans have been patient with him and it didnt turn into a Torres situation. Though if ManU falls from grace and Kagawa continues to under perform who knows what will happen. For now hes back, hes healthy and ManU are in 1st place and also important is Kagawa is still needed.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He's not awful, he's just playing on a team that currently has enough attacking options to live without him right now.

He has Honda ahead of him for the national team, and nobody really says sh*t about it because the coach and the players still make it all work, and now the same can be said about Man Utd, as he has Rooney and RVP ahead of him for his favoured role, but soon enough few will moan as he slowly finds his place within that situation too.

Having seen many talented players fail to live with expectation of life at Man Utd, I still think it's very interesting that very few voices within the English media are writing this guy off, even though they typically look to destroy every other big money transfer for the slightest hint of poor form or stagnant play....:cool:

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    GJ by Kagawa today, when his teammates play the pass and run game it's much easier for him.

11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Can't wait for an assist or a goal by him...

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's because Kagawa started as a winger in a team that basically deployed no conventional width today.

Both Young and Kagawa tucked in field at every opportunity, and even with Young being poor, this pattern only changed for the worse when the less instinctive movement of Valencia came on to replace him.

Due to players random form and SAF having a lot of options in attack, I wouldn't be surprised to see this...
    ------------ Van Persie ----------
    --Kagawa -- Rooney --- Nani --
    ...over the second half of the season; but then again this is chop and change happy SAF I'm talking about, so who knows what he'll eventually turn to when it matters most :confused:

13. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    looked like he had a chance to score when he got pushed into reina...

14. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    so how did he do? Goal.com gave him a 3/5 rating. I didn't watch the game. but was following the live matchcast. not much to read about him, except that he played some neat passes, one which led to RVP's goal, assisted by Evra. got a nice chance on goal.

15. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did ok nothing more.

16. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    He played much better compare to the last 2 match.

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Still not so good. He can do so much better. Of course people are worried.

18. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played a solid game, you can see his touches aren't as fine as they could be. He looked more aggressive which is encouraging, taking on defenders 1-1 and putting himself into dangerous areas and came close to scoring a goal. He was part of the build up leading to the 1st score and linked up well with Evra on the left. Still not the Shinji were used to seeing but hes playing well enough to help the team win games. Oh and he and ManU are still in 1st place!

19. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Still bobbling the ball a bit, in particular 1 time in the area which basically killed a decent counter chance. Also some of his passes are weak and easily intercepted. Seems he can't do the easy stuff.
    But, yeh, as long as they are winning he should still play. Its not like there are any real alternatives with Rooney out.

20. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It´s simple.

He lacks confidence because he saw the "world" is bigger than he though. He is not Honda, that can take the fire and turn the odds in an instant. Just not his personality.

Which is good tho...since this challenge will make him a better footballer.

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Or he's half a season into a new club/league and coming off injury.....

Though agree he's nothing like Honda.

22. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That´s the point to be exact. New club...country...opponents.... such a big world.

I feel that we all want the JNT players to "burst" like Honda or Nagatomo.

23. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Now you're in his head, that's a cool ability. I wish I had the same.

25. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You cant wait to see my other powers!!

You have a few of your own too my friend!!

seolseol repped this.