2012/20 Maya Yoshida @ Southampton F.C. (ENG)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really excited about Maya playing out of position, it'd be better if he gained experience at his natural position. He needs to step up and get a CB spot.

2. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Another shocking 2nd half from our defence, Maya included!

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    obviously he's never going to be good playing there, he's just not agile enough, he doesn't pressure the opponent by pushing forward, his skillset is just not made for this. I'm surprised you don't have a left back in the farm team that can do the same or a bit better

4. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    He actually looked better going forward than he did defending, I lost count how many times I saw him in their box. I think that Hooiveld got the nod at CB today was to mark Andy Carroll, who I think would have caused Yoshi issues.

We actually have one of the brightest LB prospects in English football at the club, Luke Shaw. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him introduced at some point.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I didn't watch the game since I thought it would be painful watching Yoshida there. I don't think he would have had more issues than Hooiveld, he's 190 cm himself, he can defend in the air and he's marked better strikers than Caroll but he's probably a lot faster than Fonte or the dutchman, representing a better option on the side.

6. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Maya started at Center back against Spurs.

7. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Not a bad first half, only 2 goals conceded...

8. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    A MUCH better 2nd half with a clean sheet, but should have scored from 3 yards out!

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Haaa feel for you danofsteele ! that was a great second half, Southampton has definitely the potential to stay up but the coach needs to find the right formula.

danofsteele repped this.
  10. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tottenham is a strong team especially offensively, and its great he got a look at CB this shouldve been a good test for him. Southampton have got to start getting points and out of the relegation zone. To begin the season Southampton scored at will and couldn't defend, seems like they stopped scoring...and still cant defend, though Maya has made them slightly better than before, theyre still not good enough. Worst GD in the league and 2nd from the bottom...where Maya goes relegation is sure to follow, though its better to be in a relegation battle and blown out in the EPL than Dutch League.

11. Godzillaradio

Godzillaradio Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
  13. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Southampton need some serious steel in the midefield. Too many times the defense was exposed. Maya played well, unlucky with that deflection though it seemed destined for the net anyways.

14. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    I'm far from match fit, and am more of a CB...

marten48, Whispered11 and CND_MARINO repped this.
  15. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Starting against Swansea, nothing too dangerous to deal with yet.

16. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    He's impressing me more each time he plays. Calm and composed with decent distribution.

seolseol repped this.
  17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Great assist...

18. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yoshida and the keeper made a huge blunder passing it out of the back leading to a Swansea goal...gk put him inn a bad spot. He'd been doing so well. The gk should have cleared the ball not get cute and pass it out to Yoshida who was under pressure.

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not to good by Yoshida, but the goalkeeper cant pass there. Just clear the ball.

20. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yoshida may have been able to do a little better, but it falls more on the keeper not seeing the Swansea player running up on him and all that pressure with 3 players in the area. If anything the keeper should've passed it on the ground not a bouncing high ball thats hard to control. The keeper should've have just booted it out more than anything...sad though cus they were so close to wining, now itll be a draw most likely.

21. danofsteele

danofsteele Member

Jan 1, 2012
    London
    Club:
    Southampton FC
  22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Nothing's going really his way so far, he will eventually bear the blame since he got the last touch but wtf was this pass, 1-0 up, with this win being much needed ... Just put it away.

23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    This remaind me the last Oly against Mexico..

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

someting

Whispered11, seolseol and danofsteele repped this.
  25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    can't watch the game but those would be 3 vital points against a direct relegation opponent...