2012/13 Ryo Miyaichi @ Wigan Athletic (ENG) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Whispered11, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He'll waste a year for nothing.

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he won't, hardships are part of the job.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    and injuries aren't really the club's fault

4. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Not a club's fault.
    Don't let him play until he's injured and than repeat until season's finished.
    That will be the fault.

5. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't get what this talk is about- he is out until the beginning of February for malleolar injury according to Transfermarkt, so why are people complaining about him not playing?

And besides, Wigan needs to work real hard to avoid relegation- everyone knows how huge is the gap between strong teams and weak teams in the Premier League. Wigan is one of the weak ones, and being third-to-last right now, they can't afford to use a player who is still fairly young and has little Premier League experience if they have players that fit better into the starting lineup. (come on- he only had half a season with Bolton during which he didn't exactly shine- he had a couple good performances, but nothing special).
    I find that some people here are taking it the wrong way- the fanboy way: I support him, he's Japanese hence he has to play. Should instead be He showed he deserves a spot in the lineup, hence he has to play.

GunnerTNB, Don_Johnson and nakata101 repped this.
  6. Don_Johnson

Don_Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As you probably already know, most of the people in this forum know nothing about soccer. Just Nippon Daihyo(日本代表). Miyaichi is a great talent but he is still raw and A loan to the Eredivisie, Championship, or Scotland would've helped Ryo alot more in his development.

7. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's exactly what I meant.

Clarification needed- in case someone interpreted my post the wrong way.
    I know very few about soccer myself. Hence, my opinion about Miyaichi is an opinion, based on the very few times I watched him (a couple times at Bolton, once at Wigan iirc). My knowledge of tactics is very limited compared to other users of this board, so if someone who has been watching Miyaichi comes in and says "Da faq Kodemari, he's the greatest player in the Premier League and here's why" followed by reasons, I'd be happy especially since I'd learn something new about soccer I didn't know before and would probably be able to improve my judgement abilities next time.
    I hope I didn't sound pretentious, or like I wanted to sound superior. it's just that I think that it's senseless to be too fanboyish about poor Ryo. :)

Don_Johnson repped this.
  8. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    As you probably already know, most of the people in BigSoccer know nothing about soccer and pretend to know what's in the mind of other users pointing them as brainless fanboys cuz it's the fastest way to discuss about the topic.
    And that's exactly what I said some posts ago.

9. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should've never left A)Feynoord B)Bolton...I thought it might workout with Wigan but its been tough luck for him.

Don_Johnson repped this.
  10. Don_Johnson

Don_Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Cool story bro, got anymore? Be as it may, Miyaichi just doesn't possess the mental portion of the game yet. I mean the guy came straight out of high school to play and is still rather young. I dont want what happened to Freddy Adu to happen to him

11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I hope so.
    We can speak about wrong choices of the past but probably it's not his fault. Wenger want him in EPL instead of a second season in Dutch League where Feyenoord fans loved and wanted him for another season so much.
    And than Wenger choose the loan to Bolton hoping for a Ramsey 2 case.
    Now he's injured and imo completely out of form and mental condotion.
    He incomprehensible missed the Oly too and it was a BIG mistake considering how good young JNT performed there.
    I hope a bright future for him, he deserves it.

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Injured or not we can all agree that the Wigan move turned out be shit. Be realists. Okey he is training with EPL players (when he is not injured) but he could've done that with Arsenal too.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No he couldn't, he has still played 4 times in the league and 2 in the cup, and he wouldn't have done that at Arsenal. Also, there is still all the second part of the season to come.

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good that you are so optimistic. 4 games, fantastic. And I meant he could've trained with good players at Arsenal. So what if he plays 2-3 games (5 minutes each) the second part of the season.

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Let us all cut our wrists open to protest against this terrible and unfair situation. I couldn't stand to live one more day.

Also works with the Shinji Kagawa thread.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We all may exaggerate but you can't say it doesn't look bad.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Let it go for a while. He just turned 20. Sometimes you just have to wait, until you figure it out.

18. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Meh I have said it before. There are at least 10 players and probably more that I would put on AML or AMC position infront of him in the JNT

basically my point. He has some potential (mainly it is his speed) but I think there are loads of better Japanese younger players and that the poor kid is being hyped too much

19. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That´s pretty much it.

That lad is way overhyped.

20. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he wasn't overhyped (stupid things when those who make the hype (I'm not talking about you Todoroki) also insist on the fall of a player). He's the same guy he was when he started and he's just struggling at the moment.

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think that a guy who played in high school and the day later becomes the best player in Feyenoord and the next season does a decent job in the Premier League is "overhyped". That said, this doesn't mean he should be treated as a Neymar.
    He's just one Usamilike player that was already well developed at the beginning of his pro career - doesn't mean he has nothing more to learn. He has a lot to learn, and there are players who are rightfully ahead of him in the JNT too.
    This year he had to fight for a new place and fight against his own fitness with injures. It happens, it's nothing to kill yourself about.

This player was hyped as hell last year, and look how many goals he scored: 1.
    Now look at what he has done this year (he's just been bought by Ac Milan).

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Ah no, please. He was cutting Usami's lemons and handing him his towel.

23. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Idk I mean he can become a good player perhaps a great player. We see it in football all the time. But I personally don't have any expectations from a boy. If he makes it great if not no big deal. While there are quite some others where I do see potential and do expect them to succeed and will be a bit disappointed if they fail on their way.
    But Ryo should be somewhere, where he will play that is most definitely true and I also see Moyes giving him a chance, but he looks a bit glass like as well so it could very well be that his injuries get in his way.
    You can't expect of Moyes to just say...oh great Miyaichi is back, hey you get out we'll play Ryo from now on until his next injury at least.
    Nope the season has started and more and more the team of Wigan is shaped and harder it will be for someone like Miyaichi to get into the starting line ups. So if you dont see him playing much in the premier league don't be surprised and say he is a bastard for not playing the boy.

He may as well wanted to...but he aint that big of a star that he will save a spot for him right after he gets back from the medics.

24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  25. Don_Johnson

Don_Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA
    Club:
    Everton FC