2012/13 Ryo Miyaichi @ Wigan Athletic (ENG) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Whispered11, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  2. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got in at the 85th minute....couldnt quite save the day though~. Wigan was playing a man down for basically the entire second half. Their starting striker was red carded so he will miss the next match. This could open up a spot for Ryo to start next game.

3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Anyway, i don't think Martinez will bring another miracle out in Wigan. It's too difficult this year, they seem already damned to me.

4. j007

j007 Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There nothing on the Wigan site yet on his injury. The source seem unreliable

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    You're right and I hope so!

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On the bench so I guess he is not injured.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    No words for that site...

8. j007

j007 Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ryo was about came on today around the 70mins but Martinez decided on the very last minute opts for others player instead. I think Wigan one of the team that going to fight for relegation. If They continue to lose, maybe Ryo will start in the near future but knowing Martinez I wouldn't hold my breath. He dosen't seem to Ryo like Owen Coyle did.

9. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Than the question is the same as ever: why opt for a loan if they will never let him play?

I really hope Wenger will lack of wingers cuz of injuries and Africa Cup and call him back. Better be on the Arsenal bench that in a future 90% relegated team bench.

10. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I really hope, instead, that he will join on a 6-months-loan a Championship side. Let's shine the guy in a team which can make him play. Bolton did it, but now nobody seems interested in Miyaichi. Even in Wigan.

11. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    maybe he just isn't ready for the EPL. I would've like him to be loaned to different leagues, like Bundesliga.1 or Eredivise. but Wenger wants him to stay in EPL. he just needs to be somewhere where he can play regularly, in his favored postition and gaining experience and improve his skills for it. The 2 leagues I mention would have many opportunities for him to grow.

12. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its too late now, he will get his chance sooner or later, at least the coach keeps him in mind coming off the bench. I think where things went wrong was when he left Bolton, its too bad they got relegated...but then the argument is, is playing in the 2nd division better than seldomly playing in the EPL?

13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    If he was not allowed to get that work permit probably it could be better...
    Feyenoord supporters loved him, he was their Ryodinho, actually Wigan supporters probably know nothing about him.
    Sad story. I hope for him a bright future but he frankly needs play time and a coach who trust him so much.

14. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It is not Martinez job to help develop Arsenal's player. His job is to keep Wigan from relegation. He does not trust Ryo so he did not use him.
    The best thing Ryo can do now is use the little 5 or 10 minute game times to score a goal or two, may be thing will change a little.
    Going back to Arsenal imo is not any better for him at the moment. He will not even on the bench.
    It is best for him to go somewhere that he can get playing time regularly, it does not have to be Premier league. Go for teams in Championship, even league 1, score some goals. If Arsenal no longer want to keep him, there will be another teams interested in him.

15. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    An amazing talent this guy!
    It's a real shame.. If he came to Feyenoord or Ajax from the start instead of Arsenal, by next season he would have developed enough in the Eredivisie to skip Arsenal and play for a real top club!
    Too bad..

16. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I know and when Wenger choose to loan Ryo to Wigan probably Martinez said or seems to wanna use him if not as a starter from the beggining at least as a super sub. Actually he's lucky if he's on the bench and I can't remember any test match failed by him to justify this coach choose. Probably Martinez lost the trust in him during training session and let me say is quite contestable especially while his team mates sucks and they are losing and falling deep in the relegation zone.
    Someone here said to be patient cuz it was only the early season.. Well now is 2+ months Ryo missed serious matches, add the missing Oly and you will get the picture of this dramatic situation.
    He's not an old dude like Hasebe, he's not in a top club like Usami in Bayern and he's playing less than a Otsu in Venlo being potentially skilled, imo, far better.
    Yeah and this is frankly ridiculous: your team mates sucks but you will play only scoring in the 5-10 minutes you will have with them tired while your team is losing hard. I will reserve this for old experienced dude not young talented player in loan to have playtime experience.
    Next winter they will miss 2 offensive players, plus Lolcott sucking than he will have a chance and Arsenal bench is better than Wigan bench remembering he will training with ho's true team mates to learn something useful. However I know this is a sad scenario but IMO better than the Wigan one.
    Do you really think he has not the quality even for a relegation zone team? For me he can do as good as he does in Feyenoord if he find a trusting coach in a good shaped team.
    However I agree: better go everywhere but have playtime.
    In the way he is now he's only losing self confidence, health fitness and time on the pitch.

17. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes. Definitely.

18. That's what I posted when he still was at Feyenoord, that it was stupid for any talent to fall into the clutches of EPL teams. I posted then that a Japanese talent should either go to the "Eredivisie" or stay at home, but never go to the EPL. Quite some posters blasted me for that opinion.

seolseol repped this.
  19. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    how long is he stuck @ Wigan? I think for a year is the loan deal, you think he can get out @ winter break and switch clubs, even leagues, could you?

20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I really hope this.

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Don't worry, 0% chance that that will happen
    Nah, very hard to imagine
    Unfortunately loans and transfer are not always (Actually, more often than one could imagine) decided with the manager. Therefore it could be that Wigan decided to take him on loan, and basically told Martinez that they were going for this youngster, and he said "well, ok". But I don't think it was a precise request from him.

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He would NOT have started against Weast Ham anyway. He will miss only 5 minutes useless appearance.​

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sad but true.