2012/13 Ryo Miyaichi @ Wigan Athletic (ENG) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Whispered11, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Wigan was meh. He (Ryo) didn't play for weeks. How could he do some interesting stuff? He's not a top player (actually), it's obvious he can't change a match 0-2 in 15 minutes. Otherwise he would be playing for Arsenal.
    Except injuries (of others) after this begginning I'm pretty sure he will play not more than 20 minutes at match in EPL and if lucky as a starter in stupid cup matches.

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    JAPANESE PLAYERS HAVE DIVINE RIGHTS THEY MUST BE STARTERS IF NOT THEIR COACH SUCK

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not talking about him to start, just get 2 or 3 minutes here and there.

4. gandychan

gandychan Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    lol saku is mad.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I'm not mad but the constant whining is irritating. Miyaichi is far from being an established player so he doesn't have any more rights than his teammates. Swallow it and be patient.

6. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was being sarcastic, Ryo should sit and learn a little something maybe people are forgetting he's 19! He will get his chance since Wigan need a spark of offense. He is a valuable piece even if its just as a sub, for now.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Stop act like retards please and try be serious thanks.

He's 19yo (not 20? I forgot...) and? He's young and he needs to play, everywhere, to make some experience, not to warm the bench.

However tell me what's the point of a young Arsenal player's loan if he does not play.

Next winter Gervinho and Chamakh will leave for Africa Cup of Nations. I really hope he will come back to Arsenal cuz they will need some winger.

8. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    watched the match of the day tonight and the coach was visually disapointed that they didnt took their chances and what not. Said that as it is. There is open competition for places in the starting line up and the team

9. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm pretty sure if you do this first there's no problem for him to response nicely.

10. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  11. j007

j007 Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ryo touch wasn't very good, his passes was terrible but you can't blame him he only had under 15mins for the game. He doesn't seem to be compass at the moment and his final ball is still not up there yet. He still need a lot of work to do but I hoping he'll more game time, maybe 15 to 2o full game in the premier league will do him good.

12. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Starts against West Ham in the cup tonight.

seolseol repped this.
  13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    The Hammers are a very hard opponent, it's the perfect place for him to show his skills and than maybe finally start his EPL season too.

14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Can't find any streams...​

15. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    there arent any

16. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He has had an assist apparently...

Dax repped this.
  17. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    good, also they are on track to win this, therefore he will probably start the next cup one too hopefully.

18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    It will be possible watch some hl even w/o streams?

19. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    4-1, great game by Wigan.
    I hope by Miyaichi too.

20. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He hasn't had an assist apparently... says another source.

21. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    He was involved in the 4th goal, but it was not an assist:

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/a...1-latics-4-390469.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah looks like it was the assist for the PK...

23. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    But you know Arsenal fans, it's like the whole world revolve around their wonderkids so I wouldn't have been surprised if they made up something like 4 assists from a text play by play.

24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Better than the italian supporters who would have labeled him as a "japanese skinny player who can't play football and he's not worthy of our team" since the beggining of all.

25. thansau_72

thansau_72 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hello guys, this is my first post in this forums and I would like to share some thoughts about Ryo.

I watched him form his time in Feynoord and I was very impressed with his game: a lot of flairs, dare to do the unexpected things.
    But gradually, he seem to lost the flairs and now at Wigan, he does not seem to gain the trusts from Roberto Martinez for a place in XI team.
    Why is that happening?

I noticed that when Ryo play on the left wing, he is much more dangerous than play on the right. He can cut inside, he can hug the line to cross. That make defender hard to predict where he gonna run. However, he cannot cut inside from the right. That may be because of his left foot is not strong enough to take a shot.
    So he end up running up and down the right wing. Defenders notice this, they block his run down the wing, so Ryo can only does back-passes to team mates. And his best trick: knock ball past opponent can only work with slow defender. But in Premier league, there are quite many fast defender so that trick seem to lose its effective.
    Another strength of Ryo is his speed to break off-side trap. But it need team mate with great vision and passing ability to work. At wigan, there is no one can do that kind of pass so he
    loses another weapon of his.
    And at Wigan, it seem he is only used on the right wing and with limited playing time, his confidence is lost, he does not dare to do some thing special, just plays it safe. And when he does try some thing, it goes wrong badly.
    But this will be the necessary experience for his career.
    If he want to be the world best player, he first has to overcome this difficulty.

How to do that? I have some ideas to help him up his game.
    First, he have to improve his game on the right wing.
    Need to work on crossing. And he should take his time to look at defenders and his team mate in side the box.
    Do not waste his stamina: run as fast as possible down the wing and cross to no one.
    He need to work on his left foot and should try to cut inside more (like how he play on the left wing).
    And he need to choose when to knock the ball to gain the full effect.
    Sometimes it better to wait for defenders to come at him and use his pace against the opponents.
    And he should practice to not rush his decision to much, keep composure to pass or shoot.

When he does not get involved in the game, he should come deep to get ball from team mates then dribble or pass.
    I notices that he often stay very high on the wing when he does not have the ball.
    It may be a good thing if his team mates have good passing ability.
    But when his team mate cannot pass accurately, the game passed by him, he cannot get involved.
    When his playing time is limited, he cannot afford to do that.
    I personally thing it is better for him to come deep. get the ball, run into space between centre and flank, link up with his team mates.

Do you guys have any other idea that Ryo can do to improve his game?