2012-13 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by theENFORCER, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Should have stopped right there, Gardner is a joke.

2. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003

Keep that mentality, that is why we are 17 years under......Not in Australia, in the shiitte....

3. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to can Henry's Arse if this is true. No one player or individual is greater that the team......

4. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good overview of what has happened so far this offseason....
    http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/redbulls2.php?article_id=32539

GM: DeBontin
    Sporting Director: Roxburgh
    Head Coach: TBA (rumors say the position is McAllister's for the taking)

OUT:
    Rafa Marquez ( free transfer, signed with Leon Liga MX)
    Bill Gaudette (cut)
    Jeremy Vuolo (cut)
    Jonathan Borrajo (cut)
    Tyler Ruthven (will be present at training camp to compete for a spot)
    Jan Gunnar Solli (cut)
    Teemu Tainio (cut)
    Jose Angulo (cut)
    Johnny Arteaga (cut)
    Corey Hertzog (it's official--he got cut)
    Stephen Keel (picked up in re-entry draft by Dallas)
    Sebastian LeToux (traded to Philly for Josue Martinez (F) and allocation $$)

IN:
    Juninho P.
    *Fabian Espindola
    *Jamison Olave (both acquired from RSL for allocation $$)
    Kosuke Kimura (from Portland fro allocation $$ and home grown rights to Bryan Gallego)
    Connor Lade (re-signed)
    Brandon Barklage (re-signed)
    Santiago Castaño (Home Grown)
    Armando Moreno (Home Grown)
    Josue Martinez (acquired in the trade with Philly)

LikeMike repped this.
  5. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/redbulls2.php?article_id=32540

Palsson says that we have released him. I'm not surprised he isn't coming back. I've said that before. If you found a good situation for yourself in Europe, why leave? I'm just disappointed we couldn't get anything for him, even if it would have been a minor transfer fee. It would have been better than nothing. Either way we know that he isn't coming back.

6. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This can't be stressed enough.

7. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the update!

I was always a fan of Palsson but when his stats were put on paper--wow, it's a real eye opener. His actual results did not match up to the impression he left in the minds of many fans.

Played 16 games, Started only 4 games, 463 minutes of playing time. No goals, no assists, committed 12 fouls, picked up 3 yellow cards and 1 red card.....

Of course as a defensive player it might have been better to include stats in the article such as number of successful challenges, number of balls intercepted or deflected, and number of in-the-box clearances.

I hope things go better for him in Europe.

8. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/teams/redbulls2.php?article_id=32542

This doesn't paint a pretty picture about our coaching search. Let McAllister price himself out of the position. Don't want him anyway.

Queiroz or Owen Coyle? No thank you. Stay away please.

Where do these guys come off asking for so much money to coach here? That would be ridiculous paying someone like that so much. It would be like Ruud Gullit all over again.

And the worst of it all - Wynalda possibly taking a spot in the front office. Keep that clown away.

I still hope we get someone like Steve Nicol.

9. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Queiroz would not be a bad thing--he is tied with Zambrano for the highest coaching winning percentage in MetroBulls history-- 48%, and keep in mind he only stayed around for one season. I would be interested in seeing a 2nd go round with him.

Wynalda---his temper and penchant for verbally bullying people are legendary, however he is a man of strong convictions. If he had a position of power you know he would definitely not be wishy washy about the direction he would want to take the team in.

McAllister is pricing himself out of the market because apparently he is not interested in coming here but doesn't want to tell his good friend Houllier a straight "no."

I do have to say though that I am SHOCKED that this team dismissed their coach without having any type of action plan in place.:eek:
    It looks like the only thing on their mind was that McAllister would be "easy", and now that he has refused they don't know what they are going to do. This organization's bumbling never ceases to amaze me. o_O:thumbsdown:

In the meantime we longtime suffering fans have to continue to suffer the cruelest fact of all
    "The Red Bulls have failed to win a trophy or title of note in their 17 years of existence."

10. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care about Queiroz's stats. He was here for half a season in 1996. I doubt he has payed much attention to MLS over the years being the coach at Man U, Real Madrid, and Portugal and where ever else he has been. And he is the current coach of Iran. So he is not really an "MLS guy". Anyway it says in the article that he hasn't even been contacted about the position yet so I don't think it has much of a chance of happening.

11. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wynalda is the type of guy that would run this organization straight into the shitter(if it isn't already?). I can imagine him rehauling the roster and bring in his "guys" that end up being total goons..

But McAllister rejecting us is probably a good thing. Hopefully the FO starts to look domestically for our new manager(Nichol) or take a chance on a flyer

12. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  13. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think that Wynalda wouldn't be in a position of significant power.

14. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope it's just a bs rumor. His credentials seems awful. At least a guy like Luyindula has a track record of being a quality player. We don't really need any other forwards. We need to focus on the midfield. There have been tons of bs rumors over the years and I hope this is just another one of them.

15. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the quote meant that Henry's leadership and mentoring was the equivalent of having another coach. I'm absolutely positive Garber would NOT say anything bad about Henry, true or not.

I like Henry attitude. He doesn't like settling. When we play like crap, he tells it like it is.

16. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of figured feet of stone Palson woul dnever again play for us....

17. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope he does not turn out to be as bad a recommendation as Marquez was.....:unsure:

19. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Ludovic Obranik might make the move to the MLS. He's a Polish AM and he's only 28 currently playing at Bordeaux.. If he's interested in the MLS we should be the top candidate considering our "prestige" and the large Polish community in NY.

THIS is the DP signing we should be interested in... Not a ********ing 35 year old has been..

kokoplus10 repped this.
  20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He would be a wonderful addition to the league. Keep in my mind, too, that while he's heritage is Polish through his grandparents, he was born and raised in France. Obviously, he reps Poland but I want to say he doesn't speak much Polish and that he's not as connected to his Polish roots as one might think. I don't know that for sure but I vaguely remember hearing that from watching the Euros. Being Polish may not influence where he could potentially go in MLS. Nonetheless, Ludovic is exactly the type of player -- established and in his prime - that MLS should be going after. He would commend DP money but he's worth it.

21. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Link....Link....Link.>..Link.......

Who is this mysterious Ludovic, that even Wikipedia have not any on him?.....

22. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I been saying that for more than six month now, with so many good starting players in CA and SA that you can find for 100K is idiotic to have one as a sub, that was the logic move,cick him out asap.....

Now, like I say, we only have really three MF and need at least four more.....That it is if Lindpere don't jump the gun and left, because he is piss up with the phantom coach that we have..... (Henry)......

23. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludovic_Obraniak

And it's only a rumor. I think it's a long shot at this point.

24. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    We need MFs that is for sure, but I don't think that kind of player......But until don't find how much he want, because a DP he I think he don't deserve that.... If we have the chance to sign a first class and young CAM I will agree, but for another MF I don't think so.... See what San Jose is doing, they will bring a couple of Hondurans players to add to two that they have already, why?, because this player are 100/150K and good fast strong players and play a similar game as the MLS system....

25. theENFORCER

theENFORCER Member

Apr 10, 2010
    NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This guy is as good as a DP you'll find, he's a Robbie Keane type of DP imo. I agree that we should go after younger players and spread out that DP contract to add more depth but if the opportunity presents itself we need to jump on it. We just can't waste DP's on lame ducks like the 34 yr old French striker or some has been..

This guy is only 28 years old(a DP we can build around for years), doesn't seem injury prone, is a regular in a top league and he looks like a true CAM(something this league lacks). It also appears he can play on the left and right wing as well. We can easily move Cahill to the top as well.

But if we do get this guy it might be the end of Cooper although I do think there's a way to have Cooper, Henry, Cahil, Obraniak, Juninho in the same lineup. Basically a 4-3-3 with Henry and Obriank on the wings but Henry acts as a second striker where Obraniak drifts to the mid-right and plays like a CAM, we can play a creative style of football with all the offensive talent on the squad.