2012-13 Official Very Small Rocks Pre-, During-, and Post-Draft Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Jul 30, 2012.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You know I was glad you picked Ramsey as it made my flirtation with him feel a bit better. I think his Olympic displays skewed my thinking. He is certainly a top player, but the questions I had were playing time and will he play advanced enough to get assists. Tough call -- for the price I think he will do well for you.

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My thinking as well. Good player, good team and great price. I needed some 6ish quality players since Van Persie broke the bank. Hopefully Larsson and Ramsey will bridge that gap? Feel better now as I probably reached for him a little early.

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Same thinking went into Krul as well. Quality player, very cheap for a good, starting GK and it helps my bottom line in budget.

4. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Am around until 6pm or so - then will be out of phone range for a few hours.

5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Dear Claudio is scheduled to be back online in about 15-20 minutes and I am at work (and online) for another 90 minutes so we should go round the turn fairly quickly....

6. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm here. pick coming within 15 mins...

kopiteinkc repped this.
  7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I am here and will pick in a few minutes ... need to double check injuries and the like ....

8. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Top Shelf is available until 6:00 p.m. eastern and then will be out for a couple of hours running a training session. I should be able to check in again at 8:00 and be mostly around the rest of the night then.

9. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Working on it; might be 15 - 30 mins. Me + two rookies tonight -- not fun.

10. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Hey, you guys need to keep up the pace. I have decided all I have to do is see who Top Shelf drafts, and then do the same thing. Makes it real easy.

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Google doc is updated. I believe I got everyone's picks correctly updated.

Please check both sheets and let me know if I screwed up anywhere.

12. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry for delay. Pick made. Huge reach.

Gone til 10pm ET

13. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Hopefully we can get to me in next 25 minutes!

14. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    OK I have to head off - this is quality time with the wife so please no one call me!

Hal - if you send me a text with ThiKu's pick I can text you back my pick. Otherwise, will be back around 8:30pm EST

15. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I sent Hal the next pick for ChrisSuttonsSlippers

16. ThiKuBC

ThiKuBC Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Done.

I think Hoilett will get around 175 this year...I sure hope! I am very pleased he lasted this long. I'd like to have waited till round 10 for him but I am just not ... I didn't think it was possible to wait since my projected #15, Lambert, was already taken in the top 5 rounds! yeesh.

So far I think I've only lost two players I really wanted. Draft strategy really comes into it now as I sort out needs, whats left in the event what I want/need is gone etc...everyone will be asking now "do I take the risk and wait, or do I snatch this player up right now, but risk losing this other guy...."

Anyway, I am out from 6:30pm PST to 9:30pm PST tonight. I will then draft. I will then send at least 2 proxy picks to....who wants to be my proxy?

I'll be checking in regularly until 6:30pm PST of course....

17. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pob of Reading was mine Claudio -- please put him back ;)

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lambert and Kegawa were mine.

19. ThiKuBC

ThiKuBC Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Ya, I realy wanted both Lambert and Kagawa too. I was nervous about Kagawa only b/c I have no clue where he will fit in and with MUFC's squad rotation....in the end Valencia is one of just a few proper wingers on the club so I felt he was a safe bet after Kagawa was selected.

20. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Big thanks to Tarv. Texted me I was up...and of course after waiting for a few hours to pick, I was in Andy's room putting him down for the night. I'll dedicate Welbecks first goal to you!

21. ThiKuBC

ThiKuBC Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    On a side note - Boy is MUFC's attacking "6" ever hard to nail down right now, eh!? I picked Valencia....but who knows! Only Rooney seems a certainty.

22. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Oops sorry guys - was at art show and stole a few minutes to check for Hal's text - sent him a name and probably should have specified I wanted to him to post. Hope I didnt keep things up too long.

Pobrebynak - was supposed to be mine!

23. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Lambert and Van der Vaart were the picks I was struggling with last night. I was trying to find any info on their injuries. Without the update, I passed on them.
    Cabaye and Sessegnon were also among my next picks swooped for just before I could pull the trigger.

Gonna sweep my war room for bugs. Someone or some ones must be getting a direct feed of whom I'm planning on taking next.

Don't you think we can get in a couple of more picks tonight? Seems like we should be able to get up and down the draft order at least twice a day.

24. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    Just walked in the door from training. Forgot my draft list at work, so let me get my bearings and I'll make the picks.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  25. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    A likely story. We all know Dave has my draft list!