2012-13 Official Very Small Rocks Pre-, During-, and Post-Draft Banter Thread

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Hal, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Sorry I took so long to post guys. Didn't see the text message.
    Kurt, how about also texting another VSR manager who can call me at one of my three phone numbers I've shared with everyone.
    I got bored waiting for picks from 5:15 to 6 so I went and watched the USA women's soccer game I DVRed. Didn't realize I was up until I checked in around 8:30. Then I must apologize as I couldn't make up my mind. I was unable to verify the latest info on injury status despite seriously looking so I couldn't pull the trigger on my preferred strategy.
    Changed my mind on Plan B a dozen times. Usually I'm quick to pick. It's an excuse for picking badly. Now I have no excuse.

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agreed x1000 being over drafted in every league I think...(so he'll probably score 600 pts this season).

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    On iPad in bed. Will be watching a movie on here and will check periodically in case it comes back to me. No need to text me the rest of the night. Will be back up early tomorrow morning 6am EST with the little man

4. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agreed. He played a half-season for Swansea City.

And I have no idea what's going to happen with Tevez. The price is decent though.

5. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm up for a few more hours - if it doesnt get back to me, I'm back around 9:30am tomorrow morning

6. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Just texted with Mark. He's still at a concert. Plans on making his next two picks at about midnight Central time, or 1 AM EDT. Dear_Claudio says he'll be on. I'm off to bed and will check in whenever I make my nightly forays to the loo; usually a couple per night, so I'll probably pick around 2 AM EDT. With Kurt on PST, he might still be up to make his Round 4 pick and then FC Springfield might be able to make his pick when he wakes up.

I'll also check for proxies, but when I get up in the middle of the night, I want to do my business and get back to bed. I don't expect to spend a lot of time making proxy picks in the wee hours.

Nite all. Not a bad first day. I usually expect to get in 4 rounds per day in the Go Slow Phase. Soon we'll get used to each others schedules and how best to contact each other so we don't have so long between picks.

I've joined the world of texters but I still prefer the phone call to know the message got through.

7. ThiKuBC

ThiKuBC Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Hey guys, I am off to bed. Will make my pick in the morning. I am up early .... every day, whether I want to or not. Not even because of work - just the way my body works. I wake up early, even though I have no desire to actually be awake! :) Like 6am early most every day, even if I stay up late.

8. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Will check back in about 6 AM

9. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm here now. pick coming soon

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm around. I'll keep checking and make my pick almost right away when I'm up

11. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Heading to work, should be around most of morning

12. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry about any delays last night -- pretty awesome concert though. Texting me rather than calling is the best way to go. I will be online all day today with only one meeting this morning getting in my way.

Early heads up for Wednesday night -- US Open Cup Final -- playing at home vs. Seattle.

My picks last night were done in a ear ringing, slightly drunk, very tired stupor after having My Morning Jacket blast in my eardrums for two hours -- hence me picking a Man Utd player (I never do that) and some bloke from Sunderland.

I am willing to listen to trade offers!

Eddie26 repped this.
  13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Going out for about three hours. Will have my iPhone on me. Please text me. I know Hal prefers calling so if i see a 703 area code I know I'll be up to draft.

I'll be ale to draft but won't be able to update GoogleDocs so if someone can help me out with that when I am up I'd appreciate it.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Several of us were in a similar predicament!

Dear_Claudio and kopiteinkc repped this.
  15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I doubt it will get back to me but I have a meeting at 9am central -- this one usually lasts a couple of hours. My spreadsheet will be under the table while I listen really intently during the meeting :)

16. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Last night's draft was truly sponsored by multiple purveyors of fine adult beverages :)

Hey - Torres has to get drafted somehow!

kopiteinkc and Dear_Claudio repped this.
  17. ThiKuBC

ThiKuBC Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    "Slept in." 7:30am!

Coffee in. Pick made. toss-up selection for sure. A player I wanted but we're in rd4 so there's loads I want.

18. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Am here - will load up on some coffee and pick shortly

19. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Checking out of the campground now. I've gotta drive home, unpack, and then go straight to work.

Work from 2pm to 10pm Eastern. I will take a break some time between 4 and 5 to check in. Later in my shift I have a half hour lunch and another break.

texts are much welcomed. Hal has my number.

20. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I sent ThiKu the proxy for ChrisSuttonsSlippers

21. Wendys

Wendys Member

Mar 28, 2000
    I just got out of a meeting and I'm here now. Let me have a look at who's been taken and I'll try to pick fairly quickly.

22. ThiKuBC

ThiKuBC Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Whitecaps
    Didn't want to take a FW in this selection spot but with Lambert snatched-up I had kind of no choice. Was hoping...beyond hope as it turns out...to take Lambert with my 15th pick! Dangit. Anyway, hand forced and now I hope I don't miss out on my other preferred selections. Why I always preferred having a 7-8 pick or 1-2. Getting your picks in and out is always better than waiting every single pick....

23. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Starting my shift now. I know I'm on deck but there's not much I can do til 4-4:30.

Hal, text me after you pick please.

24. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I am home and online for the rest of the night

25. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Needed to get a cheap, productive player. Hence Larsson. Takes corners (assist pts) and FKs and possibly PKs, always a plus.

Ramsey pick, ugh. I was outdoors all day. I think the heat got to me.