2012/13 Hajime Hosogai @ Bayer Leverkusen (GER) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    And the time has come. I hope he will not waste this chance.

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    well, he's actually playing in what isn't his natural position so... he'll do what he can

3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Starts against Bayern M!!

4. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A little bit off-topic, but is this Hosogai's daughter?

[​IMG]

5. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Leverkusen won in Munchen! And Hosogai played 90'!

6. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played as a SB, but winning vs Bayern and keeping them to 1 goal as a part of the defense is a very impressive feat. Last year he had a great game vs Bayern too.

7. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great for both BL and Hosogai himself.

8. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts at sideback and plays a full 90+, in a win vs Fortunna Dusseldorf.

Whispered11 repped this.
  9. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He's stepping up among the others. He's really good.

seolseol repped this.
  10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  11. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    And play full game..... :whistling:

12. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  13. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Subbed out in halftime. Sub made no sense. Not like he was the fault for Leverkusen bad fcking game.

14. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe a rough half for Hosogai playing defense, Wolfsburg scored 3 goals in the half. And he was subbed out.

15. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    And changed by the worst left back in the whole BL in an already lost game... That's insulting...

seolseol repped this.
  16. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually none of the goals were even close to involving him, 1 was a fk, and the other two came from the opposite side. According to goal.com he had a 3.0 rating, 1 other had a 3, and 2 had a 1.5. Hasebe had a 3.5.

The change may have been tactical and im sure had nothing to do with his performance up till that point.

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As far as I saw, Hasebe and Fagner took him out numerous times. He may have not been at fault for the goals but he surely didn't have one single good scene.

Also, I am not sure about his substitution... Boenisch is a left back who signed on a free only last week, meaning this guy is seriously lacking competitive match action since the end of the EURO for the Polish NT. And now Leverkusen's coaches throws him in after one week of training with the team? It looks pretty much like they either want Boenisch to at least regain match fitness fast, or they earnestly thought Boenisch would do a better job on that position. Either way, this can't be good for Hosogai...

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    considering how many chances were given to Hajime before the injuries, and how many times he played in his real position... I'd go with low trust from the coach.

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    No one thought he's another Nagatomo. It was only a matter of time when he'll lose his place on the left side of defence.
    Last competitive games he played were two years ago. And that funny 'spying' with Dusseldorf :) He looked like a spy for Polish NT during Euro also.
    There are much more easy ways to regain fitness like playing for the reserve team (only star-class starters don't go this way). And I must agree on the last line.

20. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He didn't have many opportunities due to injuries and he didn't exactly have long runs in the first team at Werder, true... but don't you regard the group stage of the EURO as competitive? ;)

Boenisch played one half of a reserve match prior to Wolfsburg.
    I think we mean the same anyway: Him coming on at HT is like a slap in Hosogai's face.

21. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesnt really make sense why the coach would want to disrespect and single out Hosogai of all players. Hosogai didnt do anything to warrant that sort of treatment, I just dont buy it for one second. But I regress, Hosogai according to the ratings had a solid half.

To me, its just a matter of the coach trying to work in a new player especially one who is actually a sideback. Maybe waiving the white flag perhaps. If Hosogai were a sideback and had a miserable half, Id say he was trying to send a message. But in this context I think its the coach giving another player an opportunity for fitness and experience. The coach made 2 subs at the half, maybe desperation, but I hardly think it was to make an example of Hosogai ie:'a slap in the face'. Which is ridiculous to even suggest.

I think he will be fine, he is on a strong team and is beginning to get more opportunities, I just hope they come in the MF rather than at SB.

22. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Are you relying on goal ratings for what you say, or did you actually see the match?

23. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw most of the first half and stopped watching after the half, he did fine. I watch quite a bit of Bundasliga, EPL, and Seria A, mostly just the Japanese and American based players.

Anyway.. Wolfsburg was the better team in the first half. What really hurt Leverkusen was when they gave up the FK so early in the match. From the get go they dug a hole and could never recover. The loss had 0 to do with Hosogai, the team came out flat, and Wolfsburg capitalized. Sometimes thats the way it goes, people are being much to harsh on Hosogai.

The coach subbed him out for a natural SB probably one more offensive minded than Hosogai which isnt saying much. There's nothing more to it than that.

I dont normally resort to goal.com ratings but I know people dont watch games so thats one of the simplest ways to make sense of it.

24. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well I watched the whole match, and I saw Hosogai's performance (& how Leverkusen's coaching staff rates him) differently. I see no point of discussing this further as we won't agree on any point other than that we want to see him playing on his natural position.

25. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Fact remains. They both are playing out of position and that is not good, not good at all