2012-13 European Football thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by patricksp, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrickStreetBoy

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Wild prediction, Ba breaks his glass knees in the African Cup of Nations and doesn't play for Chelsea this season

2. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Senegal's not in the African Cup of Nations this year.

3. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AVB was bad at Chelsea.

If the Blues play like they did today Spurs will finish above them.

4. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I've yet to hear a non-Chelsea fan say this.

5. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does that prove?

He was bad. He sat Lampard and Terry. He the players didn't respond to his methods and the team lost games, often were humiliated. The players weren't bad, they did win the CL, but AVB's style didn't fit the players he had to work with and he couldn't change tactics.

He was bad at Chelsea.

6. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Exactly. He got screwed by Roman Moneypantsitch because John "I will screw your wife" Terry and Fat Frank lead a mutiny. They even pulled this crap with Mourinho. I think AVB is a great manager that got himself into a situation that he should have never put himself in. The quicker John Terry and Fat Frank leave, the better Chelsea will be in the long run. You got Oscar and Marko Marin rotting on the bench now. Absurd.

7. BrickStreetBoy

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The squad at Tottenham loves him, Dempsey had some quotes about how AVB looked over game tape with him for hours to help him improve. He's a good manager, you don't go undefeated in any league without being quality

8. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Part of being a good manager is fitting your tactics to your personnel. And I never said he wasn't good, I said he wasn't good at Chelsea.

9. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So basically, from a different perspective, the major problem was the players themselves (and their inability to adapt).

10. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, the players ended up winning the CL. AVB couldn't adapt to the players he had.

11. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If you can't find the logical fallacies here, we've reached an impasse and might as well drop it.

electrickeeper repped this.
  12. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Third: One better than fourth.

JayFunkeyFresh and electrickeeper repped this.
  13. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    I should have waited before I posted that. I didn't realize that Chelsea would take those easy points against QPR at home and move back into third. Now, to check the sports pages to confirm the result...

Hamburgler03 repped this.
  14. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Some wise man said that having the points is much better than having games in hand. You never know what former player will come back to haunt you. :)

15. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Why not talk about the real team in blue this year! Everton FC

Winning despite being skint and thin in depth.
    If you dont believe in Moyes then you are clearly daft. He is like Cheese on Toast. Cheap but always the right choice.

foozer repped this.
  16. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Historically, you need 40 points to survive the drop zone. Hammers have 26 points at the moment, but they are awfully thin with Diame and Carroll ( don't be fooled by his lack of scoring that he is a terror for defenders to deal with that he opens up scoring lanes for the midfield) out for some time. This is a lot better than the last time they were in the EPL, but the West Ham way requires serious drama to conclude a season so they could be fighting a relegation battle if they keep squandering points.

17. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe Cole to the rescue ;)

18. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.football365.com/everton/8378386/Ouch-Everton-Announce-Net-Loss-Of-Over-9m

Sounds like things are maybe looking a bit better this year but that's a big net loss for a club of Everton's size.

19. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Cheese on toast??? Brits and their fargin' toast. That reminds me of a nasty toast spread in Australia. Absolutely disgusting
    [​IMG]

21. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
  22. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NC Soccer United repped this.
  23. NC Soccer United

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    More like tired of waiting around for money that will never come to them if they stayed.

24. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    At least three on that list spent time at AFC Bournemouth during their formative years...... We've got Jermaine Defoe, he scored ten in a row, we've got Jermain Defoe he scored ten in a row.

25. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Except it isnt looking up. The following article is pretty much spot on.
    http://www.keioc.net/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=397&cntnt01returnid=15

This is a precipice moment, where "over achieving" *eye roll* Everton have an opportunity, nigh necessity to add to the club in this transfer window.

Since the EFC Board who has millions (and billions) has yet to make 1, one, uno, eins, investment into the club, fans cannot count on them. So the only way to over come the deficit is to play the way out of it. A champions league appearance is all but the only lifeline, even with the $20mil from the new tv deal next year.

Being used to it is something the banks don't like so the club will not extend credit and why would they when our books clearly show a poor business model.

I am not even saying Champions league would get us out of the woods but I believe if we make it there and do not have a 1st round exit next year, re-sign Moyes, and then find one person, just one to fund a transfer window (of 20Mil) Everton could be THE team.

That is a lot of if's and conjecture but being an Everton fan is all about hope and the roller coaster of emotion.

That and hating Liverpool.