2012-13 European Football thread [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by patricksp, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Falcao turns down City and Chelsea to stay in Madrid.

2. bobbybhoy1

bobbybhoy1 Member

Jul 27, 2007
    in a State of Grace
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Barca would knock the s^it out of West Sham over two legs.

3. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  4. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'd be decent if he could score from distance. As is, meh.

6. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chelsea wins at Goodison Park for the first time in god knows when! Back to third in the Prem!

7. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    If you are annoyed by the lack of Bundesliga coverage in the Unites States write to DFL SE executives and employees and tell them about the status quo in the US.

The DFL SE is in charge of the Bundesliga`s international broadcasting rights.

You can contact them via http://dfl-sports-enterprises.com/en/Unser_team.html - all of them should speak English.

8. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that FSC has lost the BPL and Serie A, could we see them make a hard push for the BL rights next go round?

THOMA GOL repped this.
  9. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kryptonite, JayFunkeyFresh and stanger repped this.
  10. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need to make a hard push for any league. The Champions League/Europa League and A-League aren't going to be enough for most people. I can only watch 500 Greatest Goals so many times.

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bit of a necropost there as that comment was from early in the season. The coverage has been better this season, as GolTv has picked up more games (which is why they are not on ESPN3) as it turns out. Since I no longer have DISH since they did not choose to carry GolTV anymore, their carriage is not my worry. Usually, GolTV has 4-5 BL matches a week--the Friday game, an early Saturday game, the late Saturday game, and two Sunday matches. I can live with that. With Gladbach in the Europa League, they are often playing one of the Sunday matches. The only conflict is church, so the game gets DVR'd.

And,as Mike noted, I do speak just a bit of German.... ;) (though I am not a native speaker, I've been confused with one, much to my surprise (I know better), a couple of times).

12. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Eredivisie...I think Fox bought a Dutch sports broadcasting company that pretty much has the monopoly on the Dutch league.....I am pretty sure they are picking up EPL's time slots for FSC next season.....With the exception of Ajax, Feyenoord, and PSV, the league is not quite EPL.

13. Emperor_Norton

Jun 14, 2007
    Well, today I came across a post in the Bayern thread where an American user (who didn`t speak German very well) wrote a letter to the DFB in which he explained the problems many American Bundesliga fans have to deal with at the moment. I thought it was a pity that he wrote his letter to the DFB (which doesn`t have anything to do with the Bundesliga`s international broadcasting rights) and advised him to write to the DFL SE instead. Then I thought that many soccer fans in the US might not know about the DFL SE and decided to copy & paste my post into several threads on bigsoccer which dealt with the Bundesliga and the current TV deal in the US to spread the word.

14. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as you have a system with GolTV, it's pretty good for BL fans this year. 5/9 games on the weekend, most weekends, is not bad, really. Better than in the past, frankly, when some weeks we'd only get one game. If you are a Bayern fan, you almost always get their game among those 5. Most systems do carry GolTV, AFAIK. It's an English language broadcast (even tho the station is Hispanic and most of the ads are in Spanish). But Dish is notably cheap and there are some networks it will not carry or cut due to "Charlie" (the big boss there) thinking it was too expensive. That's fine, and keeps costs low for Dish members--but it's also why I'm not a Dish person anymore.

15. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Which everyone who has ever met or talked to Ken knows, regardless of what the topic at hand is.

stanger and HardHatMike repped this.
  16. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    If I wasn't so lazy, I would find one of the bajillion posts where stanger references how shitty AVB is, how awesome Chelsea is, why firing AVB last season before he had a chance to do shit was the right idea, and I would write an argument against those positions. Then, in conclusion, i would insert a link to the current standings as of January 1, 2013 and it would look something like this http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html

electrickeeper and NUFCBayern repped this.
  17. BrickStreetBoy

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    And yet the British media still pretends that Tottenham's squad hates AVB

18. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't realize you win awards for mid-season standings. But hey, when you play 2 more games you should have more points. More than one perhaps, but glad to see you are so excited about being third.

19. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Of course AVB is a good manager. It's astonishing how this is even debatable.

Hopefully Spurs finish above Chelsea, but I'm afraid the latter has just too many great players.

22. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Spurs did finish above Chelsea last year. They just got pipped with Chelsea winning the CL.

23. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yep. Newcastle also finished above Chelsea :)

25. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Can't be worse than Torres...can he?