(2012.08.04) London Olympics : Japan U-23 x Egypt U-23 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Aug 2, 2012.

1. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Senegal have been doing that all game and getting away with it...until then

2. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Another horrible play makes it 4-2. Game over now surely.

3. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    senegal would've been better since they'd be missing what seems like one of their key playmakers and Mexico has better depth. But Mexico conceded on a counter attack and set piece so maybe we can use that to our advantage, especially if we get Nagai back. Either way, it'll be a close hard fought match. Nervously looking forward to it lol.

4. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont know who would have been better. Senegal were playing with 10 men when they gave up that lead. They actually had more control of the match, even when they were down 2-0 they looked comfortable, when they lost their captain it was over. But since they were going to be missing #15 in the next match, it would have taken away much of there offense.

Mexico to me isnt that great, I dont see them breaking down the Japans defense. But Senegal on the other hand in the air were impossible to stop. But they had no idea how to score gals with their feet and build up play. Only off set pieces and #15 delivering crosses.

Mexico and Japan play a very similar style so its going to be a good match. The announcers were saying the Mexican centerbacks are really slow and sees them having trouble in the future...if thats true and Nagai is healthy then I think its going to be another win for Japan especially against those tired legs that played the extra 40 minutes or so.

And hey, Honduras up 1-0 against Brazil...still early 20 min in.

5. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We don't really play Mexico that often in any category.... last time I remember was the 2005 confederations cup.

6. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Crisanto from Honduras just got a red card. Two yellows in the space of 1 min. It was a miracle that he didnt get sent off against Japan in the previous game. Such a brainless player. It is mind boggling really.

7. Harima83

Harima83 Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Japanese highlights?

Found it. :D

Whispered11 repped this.
  8. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    A lot of unbelievable misses in every match so far but the team has reached the semi final. The players have very very good technically ability so it's hard to understand how they miss chances like that.

Mexico is a good team but they are beatable. A key in a match like that will definitely be who scores first. Japan hasnt been a goal down so far in the tournament and for a primarily counter attacking team (and wasteful in front of goal) like them it will be hard to come back in the match if they concede first.

9. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at Nagai's collision from a new angle, it was hard collision. There is no way an injury from that sort of hit should keep him out of the next game though. Maybe at worst from the collision he got a bruise on his leg...that it. The fear is that he pulled something scoring that goal, if hes got a strained muscle its going to be tough for him to make an impact especially when his biggest asset is his speed.

10. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Yeah I agree. I think it's strange though why so many are being critical. What did he do wrong vs Spain and Egypt? probably nothing. Morocco-game was not as impressive, but they got the job done there as well. And it seems to have been a smart move resting so many players vs Honduras. No reason to be disappointed with him just because he doesn't always pick our favorite players, which seems to be the case sometimes. And what happened in the warm-up matches doesn't matter at all either. It's all about peaking at the right time ( which is one of the reasons why we see so many new World Records / Olympic Records during big events like Olympics, World Championships etc..)

nsato repped this.
  11. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    All right, it's pic time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  12. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Watching the longer highlights that f*cking egyptian cb simulates and pretend to have an accidental collision with Nagai, diving and rolling on the ground while the real injured was Nagai, probably to save himself from a deserved yellow or red card. It's so dirty and unfair, I really hope this will never happen in the next match against Mexico, a more technical and than less brutal squad than Egypt has been.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nah, Mexico likes to foul pretty much too.