2011 Sub-17 Sudamericano Official Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by boliviankidd622, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    BTW, the game will be on ESPN3 at 4pm Eastern. Viva Bolivia!!!

2. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I'm not near a TV and my network is not accepting espn3 for some reason so any updates would be greatly appreciated Pzygote.

3. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Things were equilibrado for a while and now 2 goals in quick succession: Bolivia 0 - Ecuador 2

4. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    We need to want it more - as usual, not attacking enough.

5. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    I think we could make a lot more happen pero somos muy timidos and we need to create more opportunities - falta chispa

6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Well you just saved me the trouble then, thanks.

I don't think the expectations were very high for this group but hopefully they put on some good performances in the next few games and maybe a few of these kids get picked up to play abroad.

Here are our boys by the way.

[​IMG]

Two of them are missing from the photo (I think Pontons/Munoz) ones I recognize are:

Pedro Galindo (GK Club Callejas, second row last on the right)
    Danny Bejarano (MF Club Naranja, top row third from the left) will join Panathinaikos
    Francisco Rodriguez (MF Real Cochabamba, first row #13)

7. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Pontons went in towards the end of the first half. Not too many chances for us yet. End of first half, still 0x2

8. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    If they can get one back I'd consider it huge. Opening against el anfitrion is always tough.

Gotta jet but please keep us updated. I'll be checking from my mobile. Thanks

9. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Will do - hope it doesn't get any worse :eek: - 2nd half starting up now...

10. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    GOLAZO de Silva, el Capitan 1x2!!!

11. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    El equipo esta mas activo ahora, buscando un poco mas y generando situaciones - ojala se mantenga la presion

12. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Still Bolivia 1 x Ecuador 2 -- we are playing a good bit better

13. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ecuador is too fast

14. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Final: Bolivia 1 x Ecuador 2 -- we were a different team in the second half and I think we have the potential to do a lot more. Ecuador had a couple of good players that were fast and got them ahead enough in the first half. Pontons was desequelibriante but took a while to show anything, he probably should have been put in earlier in the game - he got Bolivia's only yellow. Silva, author of our goal, has great technical skill and is a pretty vocal player--we need more players like him. Our goalie did ok, he made a huge error in the first half that easily could have cost us; we got lucky.

Overall, we need more garra from the opening whistle and more of an offensive mindset. We lacked ideas in the first half but did markedly better in the 2nd. We have some pretty tall players and Ecuador didn't have substantially more physicality.

Let's hope we learn some lessons from this game and show better next time.

15. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    I watch the first half and then i had to step out! so will talk only of the first half... I agree with "We lacked ideas in the first half" There was no plan of attack or to control ball! Our boys looked scared and the mistake by the goalie... What the ******** was he thinking!!! Ultimately, blaming the coach will only be a %; but our federation needs to give enough time to train and play friendlies. we are always playing catch-up... a training camp of 2/3 months compared to a training camp of 6 months! our federation needs to understand that you reap what you sow!

I believe Quinteros is doing a good job; he is getting the players active and motivated. However, that needs to trickle-down to the sub-20 and sub-17. The sub-20... what a fiasco! If we want to be taken seriously in international matches, that needs to start at home; with our soccer federation and the liga clubs as well!

16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Anyone know of a link to rebroadcast this game?

17. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
  18. ansuarez9

ansuarez9 Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Arlington
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivia is playing right now against Uruguay, via espn360, don't know what the cause i just realized they were playing. hopefully they do win!

19. ansuarez9

ansuarez9 Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Arlington
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    1-0 Uruguay, but bolivia isn't playing bad, but their defense kind of sucks.

20. ansuarez9

ansuarez9 Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Arlington
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    and now it's 2-0.

21. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Well... 4-2 vs Peru. #10 silva did good ... let's hope uruguay sweeps the group and since top 3 advance we might have a slight change.

Keep the hope Bro!

22. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    for someone to score all 4 gols he had to do more than good, id say robert silva did amazing. hes the highest goleador of the tourney now.

23. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyJIomjX3IM"]YouTube - PERU 2X4 BOLIVIA SUD SUB 17 ECUADOR 2011[/ame]

no last goal by silva on this highlight but still

24. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    He scored 3 last night and 2 with the help of the peruvian goalie (not taking anything from silva.) the kid is shining on his own with out the help of the team if you ask me... especially de pelota parada! I heard he is not even 16... i hope he is taken asap. He needs to be in a big club with a good catera to optimize his full potential.

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    4-2, wow!

We needed that big win.

It's nice to have a 15 year old tear up a tourny with a whole bunch of 17 year old dudes.

If we win the next match, we make it to next round. Vamos Bolivia!