2011 National League/Challengers League/U-League/Elementary, Jr. & Sr. High School League Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by GoYoungrokba, Jun 7, 2011.

1. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Re: 2011 National League/Challengers League/U-League/Elementary, Jr. & Sr. High School League Thread

Do you know if the replay of the final will be available on KFATV?

2. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Re: 2011 National League/Challengers League/U-League/Elementary, Jr. & Sr. High School League Thread

I think one of KBSN and MBC Sports+ is broadcasting the final. We should be able to download it, or watch it live on Justin.tv if we can get Gamsa365 to broadcast it.

A lot of the matches are already available on KFATV.

3. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009

Thanks. I just checked and it looks like they've got most of the games available on VOD. Nice. I'll try to watch the final... I would check out other games as well, but don't really have the time.

4. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

수원공고 and Jeju are out, so the tournament is now Ulsan's to lose.

Semi-finalists:
    - 신갈고 [Lee Seungryul, Suk Hyunjoon]
    - 운봉공고 [Jang Daeil]
    - 현대고 [Ulsan's long time youth, self explanatory]
    - 언남고 [Yoo Byungsoo, Kim Minwoo]

5. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

현대고 vs 신갈고 final next Saturday at 2pm. Will be on tv.

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

So...Pohang U-15 team won the 중등부 왕중왕전 against Seongnam's U-15.

It went to penalties and Kim Roman saved 3 out of 4 penalties. He was the MVP of the match, apparently.

7. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
  8. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Lol Ulsan sending in the freshmen.

9. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

:eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRaF-uiee4"][???? ?? 11.11.05] ??? ????? ?? - YouTube[/ame]

10. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Just curious, how come he didn't make the U-16 team earlier in September?

11. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

These are merely guesses:

- Not big enough. He looks like a toothpick in video. Pohang's website has him at 184cm and 66kg. At his height and age, he needs to be at least 70kg otherwise he's going to get pushed around in the air during set pieces, or not create big enough width or scare factor during one on one situations.

- He's foreign. After 9 years in Korea, he still butchers Korean. Butchering itself isn't a problem, but it creates an image that he's more foreign than he really is.

- Pressure from the media. He's received the most media coverage out of everyone in his age the past 2 years. The current staff of the U16 team might have their ego set out not to give into the media pressure, which I think is fair. We can't have the kid thinking he's the king, and his future is set.

- Lack of experience. Playing for the national team is not only about performance, but also adapting. He was never part of the national youth system prior to his coming out party two years ago. At the end of every year, a 150-or-so of the most talented 6th graders are invited to Paju training facility for two weeks of training. They are invited every year, with the number gradually reducing, and this is how the U16 team is built. These camps are not only for training and scouting purposes, but also for kids to get to know each other, and find their national team friends [ie. Ku Jachul&Ki Sungyong, Nam Taehee&Lee Yongjae]. As you can understand, the staff members are encouraged to base their team around this pool of players and it takes something extra special to break the deadlock.

If being foreign is a contributing factor, then it would be considered racism which I don't condone, but we all know how slow Korea is with these things. If he keeps performing, then they will have no choice to select him [otherwise we lose him to Russia :eek:].

Unfortunately for him, if he doesn't get called up at the U16 level, then his next chance will come at the U19 level, a cycle which does not begin for another two years, and a level where he will be competing against players who are a year older than him. However, if I was a betting man, I would bet that he's with the U16 team next year in the 2011 Asian Championship. You can ignore newspaper articles, but you can't ignore Youtube.

12. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

i highly doubt that he didn't master Korean after living there for 9 years, especially at his age. at a position where communication is key, im sure he mastered at least instructional commands.

anyone got anymore news on him other than hes part Russian part Korean? there has to be some kind of interview/highlight clips online

13. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

He struggles explaining things in Korean.

14. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

any clips of him? im not doubting you but i assumed that you didnt hear his Korean since you stated they were merely guessess.

15. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Guesses as in guesses to the reason why he wasn't getting selected. Rest of it are facts.