2011 FIFA Women's World Cup Final Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Hachiko, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Flaight

Flaight Member

Mar 11, 2005
    Don't worry mumf there are so many of them without a boyfriend so you have at least some chance of becoming a safety net for one of them at a time of desparation like an hour before a comet strikes the earth.

2. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Actually I think no Japanese public personality (which they have become now) would tell on TV that they have a boyfriend unless it's not their future husband...

3. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    If that is what it takes, then I will see how to have it arranged.

4. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Really ? And Iwashimizu ?

What did the commentators say to all this ? What did Sawa say ?

And do you agree with Saku that we have nine "liars" here ?

(In fairness, this is something that American girls would never lie about. its mostly true for Irish girls too)

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Being engaged when you're a celebrity is a big deal in Japan. You have to deal with agencies, make press conferences, etc ... They're not famous enough for all that but still, I think Sawa would be stalked.

6. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Regarding Iwashimizu I'd say it's a serious thing. With the others, I guess either they are single and there is really nothing to tell or they have their share of adventures but it's nothing serious.

I think in Western culture if you are on TV and you are asked that question: you either have a bf/gf or if not, you are strange/unpopular/uptight, so it's rather positive to be in a relationship, even if you know it's maybe not the love of your life. In Japan, if you have a bf/gf and it's not serious as hell then the public will see you as somebody who is promiscuous, so not positive.

Of course these are not idols but I believe they are famous now. In the coming months, the Nadeshiko will have a far bigger media presence than anybody else as it's the only really positive news.

7. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The commentators didn't really find their answers questionable. And Sawa wasn't really telling much...

I watched all the 5 parts and although it was entertaining I must say it is a bit strange to ask about these things a couple of days after they became world champions.

8. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I thought that they looked quite uncomfortable when asked.

I think that you can really see the difference in popularity between the men and the women by watching these television interviews.

When players like Uchida are on shows you get the sense that he is comfortable there and has no problems with the limelight.

I think the women feel a little bit shocked being on television so much and they aren't quite used to the popularity which has skyrocketed.

9. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Yep, some of them might have girlfriends. ;)

10. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Are you just guessing ?

Or we do not discuss these things in Japan ?

I did notice on the 2nd question that a few lollipops appeared to "spin".

11. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Yup Kaihori and was it Ohno next to her?

12. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF2rrFsnRXM"]‪Elfemeterschießen USA - Japan Kumagai trifft...Japan ist Weltmeister 2011‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  14. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But, butbutbut...where are the streakers? :(

:D

15. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Excllent NY Times article, 2 pages, starts here\\

Interesting things that Sasaki says - does Japan's media report the same ?

16. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    You can meet Ms. Miyama in this video (shot somewhere well before the World Cup)

17. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
  18. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Hey Moderators, the Nadeshiko 2012 thread has been ELIMINATED !!! :eek: :confused:

For now.......highlights of Bad N v Potsdam 0-2 in the Bundesliga today....

..............................and both goals scored by Yuki Nagasato !

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Can it have something to do with the fact that we had reached 1600+ posts? "-_-

Anyway, I read it somewhere that they still haven't finished the"import" work. Hope that's true and we'll be soon back to full functionality (or we'll have to stalk moderators, until it does!)

Edit: sorry mumf, I unintentionally unrepped your post, but I'm still trying to get used to the new frames and all...

20. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Miyama, Ando and Sameshima will be published as manga heroines in a monthly comic magazine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I am not sure I can figure out from the pictures who is who. Or maybe, which is which. But.....does the magazine pay them to use their names? (if so, well they deserve it)

22. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    1st is Aya Sameshima, number 15. 2nd one, Number 8, is Aya Miyama. 3rd, Number 7, is Kozue Ando. They do look like them...

btw, is this the same as the Official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan thread?

anyway, another news, Aya Sameshima of Montpellier might return to TEPCO Mareeze in the Nadeshiko League next season. She is still deciding, Montpellier coach is keen to keep her for next season... source here

And also, about Ami Otaki, she scored a Hat-trick for Lyon in the French Cup semi-final? that's awesome, is there any videos of her playing for lyon?

23. an_turtar

an_turtar Member+

Apr 24, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Whoever wrote the article has not been checking up the latest news from Japan for a while, TEPCO Mareeze is gone and most of the players moved to Vegalta Sendai.

24. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Really no video on Otaki yet as far as I know. That FIFA link appears to quote the players so there must be some truth. Probably she expects Vegalta to be prmoted, which I think we all do. Actually from the same link, here are two others of mild interest: this and this

25. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    I think it is time that you should make a new thread, mumf or blissett.