2011-2012 NBA Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by riverplate, Dec 24, 2011.

1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    So did Pippen, although they dropped the charge. But he had a few moments in jail. Kinda odd, as Pip appears at least on the outside to be a model citizen these days, married for quite a long time, no rumors, no domestic squabbles, shows up at every Bulls game with a wide smile.

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Interesting - i was about to ask what about Pippen's financial problems, but apparently some of it is myth:

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/...inger-rumeal-robinson-face-legal-difficulties

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i heard bulls are paying him to go as he is some kind of representitive of the team?

4. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hmmm, they do pay, it's a good investment. Having Pip at the games is great public relations, a reminder of the Glory of the Bulls. Plus it makes the fans feel kinda cool, I mean Pippen is one of them, right?

My wife says Pip is one of those guys who looks better at age 45 than 25. She thinks he's kinda hot. I think Pip's wife is kinda hot, so we're even.

5. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Knicks can't miss from 3 in the first half. Haven't seen too many 72 point first halves.

6. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Novak/Smith both scored 25 points.

Melo with a triple double!:eek:

It will be interesting to see how they use Amare when he returns...

7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Spurs demolished the Lakers!!!:cool:

Tony Parker should win the MVP.:rolleyes::D

8. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    AI is my favorite player all time, he was better then rose.Simply, greatest little scorer ever.What he did to his size was amazing.Breathtaking to watch.

Nowadays, LBJ is my favorite.But even him, doesnt make me go crazy on bball like AI used to do.I wish we go back in the days.

Anyway, sounds like all players I pick are well hated by media's.:D

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    That was quite the 3 point display by the Knicks. Hey Zeus. Melo was possibly even more impressive than he was vs. the Bulls.

After I commented that Durant had become the best shooter in the league Melo started performing again. Coincidence? I think not :p.

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Good victory for the Knicks, but if I'm the Celtics, I feel pretty good about my chances in a Knicks series as well. The Knicks shot nearly 60% from 3, and they still "only" won the game by 8 points. Their average success rate for the season would be closer to 32%. If we extrapolate that to last night's performance, that would mean the Knicks make just 10 of 32 attempts instead of the 19 they made. That means 27 fewer points scored. So the Knicks outlier scoring night from beyond the arc was the difference between an 8-point win and a 20 point loss.

11. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Yeah it's true and Ray Allen was out. But also consider that Paul Pierce had a 42 game night and he kept them there. Garnett had a 20 point night. Pierce won't be putting up those numbers consistently on a regular playoff series just like the Knicks probably won't score as many 3's.

12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Yeah, thats typical Dirk.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Garnett has been having a lot of 20 point nights since the all star break though. He's had 14 20+ pts games since then.

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    True but that wasn't my point. Celtics are better than the Knicks but over a playoff series I don't know if the veterans from the Celtics can handle it.

Yes they swept the Knicks last season but the first two games were extremely close and they came down to the end. Currently the Knicks are playing wayyyy better defense then they were last season and Melo is playing way better overall in all aspects of the game.

I think if you put down money at the start of 2012 saying Melo would get a triple double vs. the Celtics people would have laughed. If you put down money saying Melo would actually be playing good defense? A millionaire by now.

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Celts have been on a nice run but I don't see it. Celts, Pacers, Hawks, eh, they're all Heat/Bulls food (if the Bulls are healthy, if not then the whole East is Heat food).

I will admit that as far as old teams go the Spurs are looking truly good, and might go far in the playoffs. The Lakers should be better than they are so I wouldn't be surprised to see them succeed in the playoffs ... but that was true last year too. And they underachieved, big-time.

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I'm torn because I don't want the Spurs to play the Mavs in the first round, but I also don't want OKC to get knocked out because I think they may have the best shot against the Heat. As much as I like the Spurs, I don't see them getting past the Eastern Champ if they manage to get out of the West.

17. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So basically you just do not want to see Heat win the championship :D

18. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I honestly truly think the Bulls would likely beat the Heat if the Bulls had the Rose and Deng of last year. The other Bulls are better than they were a year ago and the Heat bench is worse.

But since Rose and Deng will likely be dung in the playoffs, I'm picking the Heat to lose in the finals.

The Heat just aren't that good this year, they might win the title but if so that's only because there's not a great team in the NBA. The Big Three are very very solid but the rest of the Heat is just too awful.

19. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    The Heat have to win it this year, because otherwise I don't see them ever winning a title with their big 3. Well, okay maybe if Nash or someone like that joins the team next year, but as far as their current roster recipe goes the path to a championship doesn't get set up any better than this year.

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Well, that's true - I'd rather see OKC win than any other team out of the east, and probably outside of the 2 Texas teams (of the contenders anyway).

But I'd rather Miami than the Lakers, so let's not get too carried away. :)

21. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I want to see Lebron win a ring.Lot of people were lucky to watch the jordan era, and a great like him.I want us to be blessed with the same luck and watch a legend in our era too.
    Since jordan, we been lacking someone like him.

22. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That is so swell :mad::D

No love for Kobe?

23. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grizzlies clinch a playoff berth with tonight's win over New Orleans. :cool:

24. StiltonFC

StiltonFC He said to only look up -- Guster

Mar 18, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you must be less than 23 years old. Kobe Bryant should go down in NBA history as the second most successful player in terms of overall accomplishments, but if you didn't have a chance to see him in the Shaq era, then you would think Lebron is The One.

Lebron simply doesn't have the force of will that Kobe has. Arguably he has more skill and athletic ability, but he doesn't have the same "put-your-foot-on-their-neck" determination that The Mamba does.

1 person likes this.
  25. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I'm on the "Anyone but the Heat!" bandwagon as well. :eek:

On the other hand, I am grateful the Superfriends gave us such a fun team to root against. :)