2011-2012 NBA Regular Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by riverplate, Dec 24, 2011.

1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I don't worry about him hitting shots late in the game, heck he has two game winners this year ... the floater against the Lakers on opening day, and a spectacular Jordan-like jumper against the Bucks with no time left on the clock. So he bricked yesterday, that happens, especially after being off for 12 games in a row.

He does seem to have a problem with free throws late in the game, yes.

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yeah - he had 2 chances at winners in regulation and OT, but to be fair, he wasn't having his best game and was just coming back. He's an 80% free throw shooter so I gotta believe he can sort this one out - but it may be a monkey he has to get off his back.

3. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    I didn't think it was fair to him first game back to be asked to take the last shot in both situations (though he ended up getting a decent look in OT). If this was the playoffs and the season was on the line, sure your star player sometimes needs to step up, even if fatigued or slowed by injury, but in a regular season game like this it is a great opportunity to let someone else try to hit the clutch shot to win. If they miss, it's just a regular season loss, if they make it their confidence could build for more important shots down the road. The Bulls should have run a play for Deng or Korver. MJ wasn't always the one hitting the clutch shot- sometimes it was Paxon or Kerr.

Melo was huge not just making those shots, but even having the guts to launch them from so far out, but wow Chandler was so key in making the second one happen. One guy he bailed out was Shumpert- he played a decent game otherwise, but that early 3 ball he jacked up in OT was just horrible.

4. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Chandler really has mastered the slap out - not sure why more guys don't do this.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I get the same feeling. And his woman is probably in his ear about moving back to LA too. Mitch would never do it though. With good cause.

How big of a bullet did the Lakers dodge by making his wish come true. The type of off season that he had and the type of person that he is, this was never going to end well. If he had stayed his troubles would not have been this huge because of the familiarity with the team and his boys having his back and all but he still wouldn't have been anywhere near last season's Lamar.

Everything said though, he's going through a tough time and for some people its not as easy as it for others to deal with it. He was a great guy during all of his time in LA and its sad to see him like this. I hope he turns it around next season. Just don't sign with the Clips.

Of course i blame that heavy Kardashian girl for all of this. :D

6. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He beasted on Noah. Owned him, destroyed him, punished him. Noah has been godawful in noon games this year ... which befits his reputation as a hard and constant partier.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I dont think I've been ignoring that fact. But even if I were, the saying goes "form is temporary...." and so on. You know what he's capable of, so you just let him play through that funk.

While Lin definitely breathed life into the team, Carmelo has been carrying the team through this current hot streak without Lin and Amare.

9. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Watch the knicks last sequence at the end of this video - he does it twice (around 1:09):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os5jfjhMVJg"]NBA.2012.04.08.Bulls@Knicks.SECOND QUATER+OVERTIME - YouTube[/ame]

10. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ah i see! i do that lol

11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Rose spotted wearing a boot. After missing games with toe, back, and groin injuries this year he now is nursing a sore ankle. Sigh.

12. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I know you are just half heartily joking with this, but if you watch the show (yes, I am a huge Kardashian fan and have met Kim numerous times), Kloe has been very supportive to her hubby. Of course that is all we see on camera. If you also see, man, Lamar bleeds purple and gold. I know we have professional who really seek out for money and really have no true loyalty to a certain org, but I can see that Lamar loved the Lakers org and the history.

He better be careful of that... that could lead to a fast break on the other end if the other team catches it.

I know I lol'd too. I had no idea what DK was referring to until I saw the clip and then I lol.

13. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so whats happening with the heat?
    they keep winning games without wade, and when he plays they arent doing so well :(

18 - 7 since all star break, they playing like shit!

14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Celtics are 18-7 since the All Star break as well. As usual they won't be pushovers come playoff time.

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Just scanned another board, Knick fans are highly confident they can take the Bulls in the first round of the playoffs. The logic is

1) The Bulls are very ordinary, just role players
    2) Surprisingly, they almost always win
    3) But that's a fluke because they're really not very good
    4) And our players are better
    5) So, we will win

Well, it's a theory.

What's up with the Heat? I didn't see this coming.

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    After the Knicks were handled easily by a Rose-less Bulls team that's plenty optimistic. I personally just think the Bulls might be a slightly better matchup than the Heat if they are going to get past the next round, but both are big long shots.

17. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I guess hope springs eternal, but if my team were an #8 seed I wouldn't be expecting too much in the playoffs!

Booz was classic Booz yesterday, his help defense consisted of standing until the player went up for a layup, then reaching and pawing him for an And One. Taj outplays him far too many times given that Boozer makes $15 million, although in fairness Taj surely is the best backup #4 in the league.

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    stiemstra looks a nice player for boston against the heat

19. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    go spurs go!!!:cool:

big game tonight against the Grizzlies.:cool:

we're at home, and coming off a disappointing/embarrassing loss to a Kobe-less Laker team!!!!:eek:

20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

stop cheating blake

ps bynum beasted the spurs lol

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More Blake Griffin fun.

"Blake Griffin even flops when he hits himself."
    http://www.whosay.com/arashmarkazi/videos/157527

(side note: if you haven't seen the other video this guy posted of Kate Upton doing the Dougie, it is must-watch-internet.)

22. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    yea, Bynum destroyed us:D. he didn't shoot well 7-20, but had 30 boards.

also, our " big three:rolleyes: " all played liked crap. tim had 2 rebounds, parker had 4 points, Ginobili only had 9. we basically didn't show up.:eek:

23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Carlos Boozer backs gently into Carmelo Anthony and is called for an offensive foul. Blake Griffin routinely and repeatedly stiff-arms his opponent in the face to create space and that's cool.

Ah man it's easy to loathe the Clippers, so very easy.

24. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm not so much for blondes but Kate Upton is shall we say attractive.

25. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    We beg to differ.

- Sincerely the '99 Knicks and '11 Grizzlies.