2011-2012 Bundesliga Match Day 30 - Borussia Dortmund v FC Bayern München [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Apr 7, 2012.

1. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, two wrongs don't make a right and Robben didn't dive in that instance. If I saw Badstuber doing this to Ronaldo after he missed a penalty, I'd be pretty embarassed. But who knows, I might be caught up in the heat of the moment and applaud that sort of behavior. Still, forgetting the fact that it was classless, Subotic looked like a dumbass while doing it.:p

2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    If it looks like Robben tripped himself, it is likely Subotic saw that and was of the same opinion. And it's not like Flopery didn't try to "stop-drop-and-roll" twice inside of 45 seconds around the 65th. And it's not like Robben isn't known as the biggest diving cvnt in the BL. So, yeah, I can see why Subotic was in his face. Don't agree with it and I think it cheapens him and his efforts on the night, but I can see why he would have done what he did.

3. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea they didn't show that angle of replay during the game so thats pretty revealing. Wouldn't call it a dive but not a penalty either. I'd be enraged to if I was a defender and saw that, knowing Robben's reputation.

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Badstuber does that almost every game, to his own players too. Badtemperstuber more like it. :D

5. Gunning4Chelsea

Gunning4Chelsea Member+

Aug 2, 2005
    chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it was a penalty...somewhat weak......and Weidenfeller had no business diving for that ball in that situation...
    knowing Robben's rep...not surprised that Neven went after Robben after the miss...I would have done the same thing...in the heat of the game...certainly it was not a right thing to do
    karma almost bit Neven in the ass when he almost made an own goal minutes later
    but it just wasnt meant to be...

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    FR, As Gary and Keith said, I don't think Subotic is generally classless, but I think he went at Robben for believeing it was karma; "You dove and yet you missed you cheating bastard"- I don't condone it but I can't say I don't get it either.

Good to have you back, Loewenboy. ;)

7. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's kind of funny, both him and Boateng throw temper tantrums regularly.

8. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL at least he has some balls to make to motivate his team, unlike captain Lahm who has the captain's armband for being the nicest boy scout for 7-8 years. Badstuber is already a better leader than Lahm has ever been for example, I don't mind when he screams at our team because most of the time it's deserved. :p

But anyways Dortmund won the title tonight, hopefully Bayern comes back in a few weeks and wins the Pokal at least. Beyond humiliation at this point to be loosing 4 games in a row to the same team. A bit luck needed at some situations but nonetheless this is still pure humiliation.

As for Subotic, I hate it but that's football. I don't like him now, but I would love it if Badstuber for example did it to Ronaldo if it won us the tie vs Madrid. Even without diving, it's part of the game. Hate if it happens to you, love it when it happens to others type of deal.

9. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Highlight of the match was Subotic getting in Robbens face...Robben is a diving a-hole, always has been

10. albert_mk87

albert_mk87 Member+

Aug 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what Subotic did wasn't ok no matter if Robben dived or not but like EQ said that's football and it was in the heat of the moment so nobody can judge him i remember Kahn getting over Shevchenko when he missed the penalty but few minutes later Shevchenko still scored :D . By the way i think that was a penalty i dunno why Weidenfeler went so careless every good player will get you a penalty in that situation. Even Grosskreutz dived trying to milk it and get a penalty when Boateng started yelling at him

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not a single card was issued during this match! :eek:

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats on the WIN over the arrogant Bavarian's today, its great to see the other "BORUSSIA" beat them in the same season as well.I don't think they can pull it off against "Madrid"either :)

www.fotobahn.com

13. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Feel so happy for the Dortmund fans here, you guys deserve this. This team can achieve sooo much as long as it stays together for awhile.

One fortunate goal, but it brought one giant leap to the title. Imagine, Dortmund winning the Bundesliga two years in a row. Who would have thought this could happen about 20 months ago?

Congratulations on the win, enjoy the good times because as we all know, they don't last forever. :)

14. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think Robben went down rather easily. I think there was contact and he milked it.

If a BVB player did it, most BVB fans would call him "clever."

I don't blame Subotic. I don't condone what he did, but I don't blame him either.

But let's not be hypocritical toward Robben. Other than myself and Cris, I don't see too many other BVB fans calling out BVB players when they "flop", "dive", "bitch at referees", etc.

15. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's what I've been trying to tell people over on Facebook.

Especially if you're doing it "on the cheap."

16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011

You see Germans are not Spaniards, Portuguese or Brazilians ;)

17. artic

artic New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    dat Hölzenbein...

18. MicFW

MicFW Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats on the win, good job! :)

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Subotic: "What I shouted at Robben"

You were on target. :D

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  21. mntiburon

mntiburon Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fairfax County, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Subotic would have done that to anyone except Robben. We all know his track record of flopping in the box when anyone gets within a 10 foot radius. Yes there was some contact and Weidenfeller had no business diving, but it was a cheap fall that nearly determined the outcome of the most important BuLi match of the season.

And the play at the end when Subotic came within inches of an own goal and (guess who) Robben biffed the sitter. Makes you wonder if the football gods were pulling the strings. ;)

22. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A couple LOLs going around. The most popular coming from the "peanut gallery" is, "Well, why aren't you guys in the CL semis like we are?" :rolleyes:

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, it doesn't, but I can see why he was so pissed off.

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    When desperate to save face, my kids reach for excuses too.:rolleyes:

And that CL run is going to end soon too. Oddly enough, in the last 15 years Bayern and BVB have won the CL the same number of times.

And then what? "Well at least we are in the DFB Pokal and you are not"?:rolleyes: