2011/12 Ryo Miyaichi @ Bolton Wanderers FC (ENG) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by sc-f, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Since Miyaichi got subbed out this game has gone crazy.

2. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    well Mark Davies should be ashamed of himself today. Dreadful dive for the penalty.

chelseaz10 repped this.
  3. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Probably making up for that awful miss in front of goal last week, would have Ryo another assist. :p

4. jukeboxromeo

jukeboxromeo Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    If his dive keeps Bolton up, then I doubt he will be.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    hmm there's no way he doesn't feel a bit guilty. But kudos to Bolton.

6. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think everyone forgot who Lee Chung Young was a long time ago, Ryo is better than LCY ever was at only 19. LCY aint getting his spot back until Ryo leaves, because Holden is on his way too. And LCY better thank Ryo for showing up and saving Boltons season, if not LCY will be playing in the Kleague next year or Championship League. Just humering the troll..

About Davies and his dive, I dont think he is ashamed at all. Why do you think he dove? To draw a penalty, after the dive its out of his hands wheter its a call his way or the other way or whatever, but the point of doing that is to draw a foul, right?

So im sure, him, his teammates and every Bolton fan is proud of him and happy it went their way and that they converted the penalty and are that much closer to not being relegated.

Everyone else is saying hes a cheater, a faker, blablabla, thats the nature of soccer they dive and calls are missed refs only get 1 shot at it. While we get the benefit of slow motion replays. I thought the announcers were really hard on the guy. Its apart of the game, players flop/dive all the time, sometimes it happens in the box, and sometimes it leads to a pentaly other times a yellow card...he took a gamble and it paid off, good for him and Bolton bad for Wolves. It just matters which side of the fence your on on how you feel about it.

7. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    - Who told you LCY was gonna play in the K-League or Championship if Bolton got relegated. He would have left on a firesale.
    - How has Ryo saved Bolton?
    - Ryo's LW, LCY is RW, Holden's CM. fkin rtard.
    - No one forgot who LCY is. He got Bolton player of the year in is rookie season and is arguably Bolton's best player when healthy.
    - Ryo probably is better then most players when they were 19...just like Morimoto and Freddy Adu. But certain players develope late. (Klose, Drogba, Bale.......Kagawa?)

8. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kagawa was already starting for Cerezo when he was 18.

9. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dont get your panties in a bunch, I was humering the troll.

A player by the name of Charlie Davies had a somewhat similar injury to LCY, a little more serious, breaking his femur and tibia in his right leg(basically his upper and lower part of his leg). It took him 6 months to get back from his injury and when he got back he wasnt the same player. Then he was loaned out from his club Sochaux in France to the MLS. After a little over a year in the MLS hes made his way back to Sochaux.

It sounds eerily similar to LCY. And in the EPL where the competition is stiffer I wouldnt expect him to be an impact player on his return. Maybe Bolton loans him out to get minutes in a lessar league and bring him back midway through the season until he gets in form...or maybe he does indeed come back from his injury like nothing every happened. Doubt it, but who knows.

One thing for sure though is Ryo is helping save Bolton from relegation. Right now theyre a point above the relegation zone and have beat 3 teams all fighting to stay in the EPL(Wolves, QPR, and Blackburn).

Youre in a lose lose situation, if Bolton does bad LCY will be playing in the Championship League(or at least part of a club in the Championship League) next year because hes with Bolton. If they stay in the EPL you know its in large part thanks to Ryo Miyaichi who is looking to become Boltons player of the year as well in his rookie season, and in only about 1.5 month half of play. No matter what though LCY needs to get healthy and play, whether its with Bolton, remains to be seen.

No matter what happens though Ryo will be going playing and starting for either Bolton or Arsenal. Its clear hes Boltons best player and Arsenal fans are excited to see what happens when he plays with other complementing players.

10. bm2011

bm2011 New Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Did Ryo score something like 5 goals after his loan? Oops, 0 goal in league matches. And he saved Bolton from relegation!! Yeah~ :p

For sure Ryo is impressive and watching him is entertaining, so I'm really looking forward to his development. But his performance was not as good as you think. Man of the year? Surely Bodgan. Ryo looked good individually but he didn't make such significant contribution for the team. Well, at least he was much better than Eagles.

I would strongly recommend him to stay in Bolton as he will have starting spot almost guaranteed as Bolton probably have no money to spend. But for Arsenal? Unfortunately not. Playing for Bolton and Arsenal is different. No teams come out defensively against Bolton, so plenty of space is given to Ryo. But there is no such thing if you play for Arsenal. Will Ryo cope with the high pressure? I doubt so.. at least not yet. Also, Arsenal is going to spend some good money, and the rumored players include some top class wingers who can replace Arshavin. Unless you wanna see Ryo occasionally, staying in Bolton will be a better option.

Well, with Lee and Holden back and Ryo remaining, I'm pretty sure Bolton can give you some entertaining football. ;)

11. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Guys, if you go on with this discussion comparing Japanese and Korean the troll has achieved exactly what he wanted.

12. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Going completely off topic here but the 2 situations are nothing similar. Davies is extremely lucky to be alive...

13. DC_United

DC_United Member

May 8, 2008
    This. Davies didn't JUST break his leg, he lacerated things in his stomach, had multiple rib injuries, etc. It's a freak of science that he's still playing.

Lee will return soon enough and get back to where he was. Valencia for United had the same injury but worse, and is back to his best.

Just be patient. And as others have mentioned, Ryo won't be competing with him.

14. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryo is doing his part to keep Bolton afloat, without him im sure theyd be relegated. Maybe the goals arent there, but the performances are. His crosses and the attention defenders pay to him are valuable to Bolton and nobody can deny theyre better with him than without him. As of now theyre not in relegation, you may not call that a savior, but theyre saved from relegation in the literal sense. But there is still someway to go.

I think your 100% wrong about him not being able to play for Arsenal and on his contribution to Bolton. You say there is tons of space for him to play on the wings because teams are always on the attack vs Bolton, yes your somewhat right, but its a double edged sword. Hes frequently double teamed on the wings because teams know hes the only threat for Bolton. Then you have a team in Bolton whos almost always in a defensive shell, so there are countless times where Ryo does burn his defender and crosses the ball to...1 maybe 2 players in the box.

If he plays for Arsenal the players would have more numbers running at goal, contrary to Bolton who stay back and defend and try to counter. His runs would be easier because though Miayaichi is as dangerous they come with his speed and dribbling ability there are players on Arsenal who are just as talented if not more than Ryo and they wont be able to double him anymore on the wings and focus on him. The opposition can focus on defense , but Ryo has played that sort of possession ball in the Dutch league and dealt with the doubles, the EPL is a step up, but based on his performances there is no doubt in my mind he belongs in the EPL and can play for Arsenal. He still needs to improve, but if you paired him with Wallcott/Ox on one side and RVP and all that talent it'd just be too much speed for teams to handle.

All that said, I would actually like to see him stay at Bolton. Hes the man there, he takes the corners, some free kicks and is one of the focal points there and most importantly is starting! If LCY and Holden do make it back 100% Bolton will be very exciting to watch.

And ya, I would probably have to agree that Bogdan has been huge for them this season. That almost always seems to be the case on bad teams, the GK is POY.

15. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Look, Ryo's an exciting prospect and he's managed to get a few assists but the lad's also cost us a few goals in the time he's been here. He's not the only threat we have, Petrov is too and to a lesser extent Mark Davies. The fact that the opposition now has to pay attention two three players instead of two (2.5 if you count Eagles) is a help but it's not soley because of Ryo.

I can think of a number of reasons why our form now is better than it was in the first half of the season. Ryo is just one of them. In fact our form since the middle of December, following the win against Blackburn when some major changes were made, has been very comfortably midtable.

16. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Can you elaborate on the "few" goals he has cost for Bolton? From watching Ryo's games for Bolton, I can only remember one maybe which is a far cry from a "few". However, I'd like to be enlightened if I'm wrong. On the other hand I remember him clearing a sure goal off the line a few weeks back, and I didn't see the game this week but I've read that he made another crucial clear or save on a sure goal.

17. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Ryo saving 2 goals off the line, and blowing one chance due to his poor positioning. Hes not a defender or a GK though, though he does defend admirably with Bolton. He has since learned from that one blunder where he stood on the outside of the post and again saved multiple goal chances for the opposition at least 2 for sure.

Ryo does more good than harm, a lot more. Hes a huge reason to Boltons success of late, hes injected life into the team, and given the fans something more to cheer about. Ill take step back from calling him a SAVIOR, because it seems some people for whatever reason take offense to that word being thrown around. Maybe I got carried away, but its easy to see why when watching him play, dudes a beast.

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What Ryo did at Feyenoord can be termed "Saviour" probably, they were in serious trouble until he came and put in 3 goals & 3 assists in 12 (not bad for the first taste of euro-football). What he's doing at Bolton is good and certainly helping but not the same (although he's playing at a higher level individually and the competition).

19. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's still playing his game, but his teammates service, team possession% and play style isn't conducive to goal scoring opportunities for him. Less space, less chances, he's doing great with his crosses and runs, his finishing touch isnt there but then again he rarely has goal scoring opportunities.

20. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Only 45 minutes against Fulham, but Coyles been worried about burning out Ryo.

21. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    how was he?

22. tako

tako Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Yokohama
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Though it is bit late to respond , I agree. Still it might be OK to defend Japanese players to certain extent, but it is not good to mention(compare or especially insult) other country player when you respond to socks who has only few posts and often would be banned soon.

23. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Starting in an hour I suppose?

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Coyle was saying that he was going to give Ryo a bit of rest this weekend cause he's been playing a lot recently which is unprecedented for him in this league. If they need more attack I'm sure Ryo will be called upon.