2011/12 Eiji Kawashima @ Lierse SK (BEL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They will probably fight for relegation.

2. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    More saves for Kawashima to make. :)

3. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teams are wary of Kawashima because he is Japanese,yes , but also because he is on the smaller side for a goalie. He's agile and has great instincts like a goalie should, but at 6'1 or 185 centimeters again he has got the minimum requirements to be a goalie. I'd also imagine playing in Belgium doesn't exactly wow scouts.

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    1m85 is average for a keeper.

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think Kawashimas biggest dream right now is to save another team for relegation. Do you?

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think he has any chance to get much better than this right now, to be honest. He has to prove himself in a serious league yet, infortunately. I mean, let's be honest, why would a mid-table team of an high league pick Lierse's goalkeeper, and a japanese one. It's more about deeply trusting the player, and I do hope someone gives him a chance.

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    $$$
    And the club where he comes from doesn't really matter, I mean we picked Mandanda in the french second division.
    A goalkeeper either blocks the shots or not, the discussions about how his game will translate and blahblah are much shorter than in the case of a field player.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, yeah, at least there is no transfer fee involved here.
    Your example isn't really helpful though because while it's normal to pick GKs of inferior leagues if the clubs appreciates them... going to get (scout) a japanese GK from a low side in the Belgian league, that I don't know, it depends on how good his agent is on making Eiji's name spread around.
    I know for sure that he has an italian agent too that said good thing about him, it's called Calandra. Fingers crossed!

9. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Except for the obvious what I think is important is that he's trusted by the team and he can send out commands to the back line, so communication skills coupled with off-the-pitch qualities a player either has or has not weigh in here. That said, if a coach is not really passionate about him, I am not sure why he should risk the standing he has now.
    Kawashima benched in a higher league would be a problem for the NT.

10. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Lost 0-1 to 2nd place Club Brugge

Lierse finish 12th during the regular season and now enter the Europa League group playoffs.

11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They should be happy with that. Belgium league has a funny system.

12. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    He needs to get out of Belgium.

13. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Of course he has bigger ambition than Belgium, but keepers for me is the only position where I don't mind where he/she plays, as long as they play.

If Kagawa ends up at United and only gets the odd league minutes every now and then and the Cup games, it wouldn't be the end of the world. If Kawashima ends up at United and only plays 5 games a season, he cannot be Japan's #1 imo.

14. DC_United

DC_United Member

May 8, 2008
    The hardest part for a keeper when he transfers is the fact he has to adjust to the language faster than other field players. Part of a keeper's strength and weakness is how he commands his box and orders his defense. If he can't speak the language, he's at a disadvantage. Also different leagues play differently. De Gea is a perfect example of someone who had a tough time at first. He didn't speak the language so the defense was all over the place and the EPL is completing different from Spain's. Most importantly, the EPL is a lot more physical and De Gea had to deal with crosses more - which he wasn't and still isn't very good at.

15. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Language is not a problem

He knows English, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese at a conversational level and is studying Dutch and French.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

That is good.

17. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Practically, he's a f*****n' boss. :D

18. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He's a boss, dutch is hard as fck to learn.

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A true professional.

20. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lierse 2 - 1 KV Mechelen

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khh93lHzSIM"]Eiji Kawashima ~Lierse S.K.~ - YouTube[/ame]

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Amazing video, he totally deserves a better team.

24. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=344981

Kawashima talked about his future.
    His interest as footballer are cured by an Italian agent.
    Roughly translated:
    for him, there's the impression that he could be in Serie A next year. He's flattered about interests by these squads and he follows Serie A by web or tv. He was really linked with Parma, but he says that Kawasaki Frontale wouldn't had let him go at that time. He didn't have a model as GK, but - for him - Buffon is the best GK now. He closes saying that he speaks eight languages, so adapting in Serie A wouldn't be a problem: he really hopes to come in Italy.

And i hope too: too bad that my favourite team couldn't buy him for non-EU rules.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    to be fair, from what I understand, he's saying that he will be happy to play in Serie A, but he's not saying that he has the impression that he could be there. I dropped some Turin interests before, let's hope it's true, whatever the team.