2011/12 Eiji Kawashima @ Lierse SK (BEL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think theyre stupid, maybe just ignorant. Theyve never heard of Kawashima and its AC Milan were talking about one of the biggest most storied clubs in all the world.

I dont see why he would be open to the idea of being the #2 and even having to fight for that #2 spot. He needs to go somehwere where he starts, or at least competes for the #1 spot(if its for a big team). If a gk isnt starting for his squad hes useless, Kawashima would be unable to play for the NT if he was the #2 GK at AC Milan or anywhere where he isnt starting.

People need to get past the name AC Milan. And look at the situation, its not a good one for him. Every fan of Kawashima knows he can thrive at a bigger club, but being Japanese and coming from the Belgian League not many teams are willing to take a chance on him, and fans even more so have no belief in him because theyve never heard of the guy.

Sometimes it works out when relitively unknown players(to foreign fans) make big splashes. But most of the time it doesnt work out. And the GK position is tough because its a true #1 and #2 on every team. Unlike normal position players who can spilt time, enter as subs, etc. So I think Kawashima and his agent should take a step back and look at their options again. Look at a team that will give him a chance to compete for the #1 GK spot, or even a Seria B, im sure thats even a step up from the Belgian League.

For sure the AC Milan thing does not sound like itll work out for either of them. The fans are harsh, and AC Milan is looking at him as a back up to the back up. That and they have a limited amount of non EU payer selcetions and dont want to waste one of those on Kawashima. Its exciting that his name is linked to such a big team, now he needs to find one thatll take a chance on him as their #1.

2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not a chance in hell. I really don't know what you're basing this on but... no.
    There are even now still a lot of Inter fans that thinks that Yuto isn't good enough to even be a reserve. Then there are some fans that like him, and the majority thinks that he's okish and aren't sure if he should be a starter.
    And this after he did a wonderful (yeah) season last year.

That's true, but they also get more under pressure often. One mistake and the fans will rage. And a japanese goalkeeper above Abbiati? I mean... seriously? You think there's a real chance? :confused:

This video is awful :/. I can't understand all but he keeps saying that Kawashima will make AC Milan rich. He really expects thousand of shirts sold WHILE him being a 2nd or 3rd GK. That's the only think he's caring about, which is funny since that wouldn't even happen. No play, no shirts.

3. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope they win the play-offs and he stays at Lierse.

4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's not better :D
    They're dumb. Do you know how many players AC Milan's fans had burned? Gourcuff for example.

Better J-League than another years of Lierse, sincerely.
    He has to go forward, not staying there. They didn't have the decency of trying to renew his contract.

5. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He was voted player of the season last year, he is the team's captain. I am sure it's not the club not wanting to extend with him.

6. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lierse knows of his desire to move on, im sure theyd love to keep him but hes probably made up his mind hes out of there. Thats the reason I think Lierse hasnt offered him another contract.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Guys you miss a thing: AC Milan want Kawashima not only for marketing reason but for the near future when 35yo Abbiati will leave the team.

I'm not believing in trash news, this is a reality everyday pass here in Italy. There are plenty news in a lot of sites and newspaper signed by remarkable journalists that talk about Kawashima as the possible next #1 gk of Milan, not the 3rd (Roma is surely going to leave) and not even the 2nd (Amelia is going to another team this summer at 90%).

If you choose to not believe in these news, that's your choice.
    The surely point is that Abbiati (a middle level gk for me) is near the end of his career, like a lot of midfielders in Milan, and the team need to renew the whole squad and gk too buying a younger one. There are some names like Rafael and Kawashima in AC Milan managers' mind and i'm trusting that Eiji will have a chance this summer, if he will be transfered, for sure.

Believe me that the Nagatomo case is very different from Kawashima one. For example a couple of reasons cuz Yuto is understimated by Italian fans are his short height and his lightweight, two things where Eiji is more than sufficient.
    And the gk role itself it's a different stuff than the fb. Eiji is a penalty catcher, fast and he has a plenty good reflexes. I'm sure that he can do VERY WELL in AC Milan while the current #1 is a too much old and slower Christian Abbiati. That's sure.

8. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lierse 2 - 2 Cercle Bruges

Just 4 goals allowed after 4 games.

9. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Time for Eiji to move to a serious league, I really hope here in Italy, and if this means fight for the starter place in AC Milan than GANBARE KAWASHIMA SENSHU! :)

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I tried to say that there was 0% chance... :rolleyes:

13. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That makes sense for both parties. On to the next one Kawashima, maybe a place where he actually has a chance to play.

14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    OK it's a pity but however I really hope he will join a Serie A club, maybe between my city clubs :p

15. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    which city? AC Milan and Inter?

Kawashima deserve better. I really hope he can find a club and showcase his abilities.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1-1 yesterday.

17. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Nope.
    I think he needs a small club, a middle table one for example.
    In my little city, Verona, there will be 2 teams in the next year Serie A: Chievo Verona and Hellas Verona. I don't know if they will need a new gk, but the good atmosphere of a club that play not for trophies and it's safe from the relegation is a good starting place for Eiji and a wonderful chance to show his skills against low/mid/high lv teams to move than to a top club in the next future.

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-4J8yJ0-8k"]Eiji Kawashima: highlights 2010-2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Lierse made a highlight compilation for Kawashima.

19. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Great gesture from the club :) I think that in 40 years from now the old fans will be recalling 'that goalkeeper from Japan'...

20. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Truly amazing goalkeeping! I bet strikers from Jupiler League all get frustrated with Lierse goalkeeper.

21. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    so any new on him of late?

22. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Played his last game under contract today.

23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
  24. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  25. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009