2011/12 Atsuto Uchida @ Schalke 04 (GER/EL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky_star

lucky_star Member

Feb 4, 2011
    i could understand if stevens prefered benni over uchida... but hoogland?? sort of glad that uchida didn't play today, seeing as schalke lost 4-1 :(

2. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Regarding Ucchi under Stevens: Be pessimistic and Stevens will sometimes surprise you (but most often prove you right).

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he was warm with Uschi when he subbed him out so I want to believe today was just about rotation, Farfan also started on the bench.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I've got to say that when I saw that Ucchi was on the bench, I was hoping that Nurnberg would get the win. Afterall, they better stay in the Bundesliga, so that we see Kyo and hopefully Usami\Inui :D

5. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone buying that theyll actually bring that many Japanese to the team? I mean I get it, Japanese are thing next big thing in the Bundasliga and great marketing tool. But Inui, Kiyotake, and Usami?? Thats a bit much haha.

I would like it better if there was a Japanese on each team instead of them competing for spots against each other.

6. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I dunno if there really is competition, only amongst Inui and Kiyotake, both AMF and formerly teammates at Cerezo. I dunno about their combination play, do they play together @ Cerezo? if so, then they can team up in midfield.
    Usami is a Winger/Forward, so I don't think he'll be competing against them for the position.

btw, Uchida good form in the 2nd half of the season seem to coincide with Stuttgart's Gotoku Sakai good run. I'm guessing Uchida doesn't want to lose his starting RB position in the JNT.
    It's great since competition drive a person and also Japan is getting some good young Full backs. If only the same can be said of the center-backs....

7. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Member

May 2, 2011
    USA_Nago-Shi
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    they can all play different positions in the midfiled but i highly doubt that would happen, usami and inui have experience as striker as well.

8. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    looks like he's starting in the Dortmund game. Is this his first Ruhr derby?

9. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nope, he played against Borussia twice last year.

10. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Really? u mean in the 2nd derby of 2010-2011 and the first game in the first half of this season?

btw, Uchida looking good today. Nice balls in, good runs, defending.

11. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Exactly.

12. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uchida subbed off @ 85", but after some great performances down the right side.

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's the first time Ucchi and Kagawa started in a match since they played in Jleague.

14. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Ucchi was solid, generally made some really brave and intelligent challenges/blocks, though there were isolated instances where he was beaten.

15. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Looks like Uchi will be playing CL football, if he stays. Looking more focused in the past few games, he'll have some real competition coming from the two Sakais next season.

16. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    This is not his first time play CL.... some more he is the first Japanese player to play at CL semi-finals... :rolleyes:

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Reportedly, he said something like "I don't know if I'll be here next season..."

18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I can't see him in another league, where probably he will be benched. Please Atsuto, no be silly and stay in Schalke.

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's not up to him, I'm sure he would love to stay here. But Schalke will probably look for a right back this summer.

20. ConDrei

ConDrei New Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Though he is a good player, surely Schalke will look for a decent, more stable Defender. Especially to compete in next year's Champion's League season.
    But maybe he can establish in Germany and doesn't need to go back to J. League.

21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No don't worry, he's not going back to the J League. I'm sure he will find another club in Europe even if he has to go.

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    First I was thinking "nice highlights reel". Then you realise that this was all in one season and just brought a smile to my face. I think this has been a very very good season for his development mentally.

We have a hell of a lot of side-backs to think about nowadays. Probably 5 top quality ones atm, and that's before considering 'utility' defenders like Makino/Inoha who are fine too.

24. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The second part of the Season was great for Uchida. Maybe 5 bad games from him against 15 or more great performances. He is even better then last season. I am not sure if he stays in Schalke but I think so, but even he wants to leave he nerver go back to Japan at the moment. He would get much offers I think even in Bundesliga

25. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He made some improvements, but i still prefer Hiroki Sakai than him.