2011/12 Atsuto Uchida @ Schalke 04 (GER/EL) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Starter against Koln. 1-0 down at HT and not a good performance by Uchida so far.

2. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think this was it... He will struggle under Stevens.

3. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Every player has its bad days.

4. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I haven't seen it yet, but to be replaced in HT and a player taking his place who the coach seemingly did not regard as a right back (Höger) is bad. And it doesn't make it better if this player scores.

5. DerBogen

DerBogen Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think this replacement was not cause of his bad performance.It was cause of the yellow card Uchida get in the 1HT when they lay 0-1 down. So it was more tactical to rescue him before he was red carded.

In the 3 Minute Uchida clear the Ball in front of the own line,and save his team.I think it was not a good performance but no worries.He needs some games to come in or have to look for another club.Nothing to worrie about,

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Jesus christ people here really do panic when a player is not in the first squad or gets substituted and so on.

Read the GAME

They were loosing 0:1 at the half time they sent a more offensive minded player on for Uchida and they won the game 1:4 as a result

Thats it...

7. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Try to google translate the article Majster posted last week and then let's talk again.

Edit: Ah, and don't forget to watch the game.

8. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I saw Schalke play for the first time this season...didn't think Uchida played that bad to deserve getting taken off at half time. He had a few bad touches and one really bad pass on a counter but I thought he was sound defensively besides that one play where he kept the player on and was lucky the linesman incorrectly raised his flag.

Not sure what Stevens is expecting from him but if that gets him off at half time for reasons other than injury, Uchida is done under him.

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It was a tactical switch...

10. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Exactement.

It's only a question if Hoogland takes over next week or the week after.

11. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    The percent of the switch being tactical is about 5%. You do not take out an attacking minded outside back to put on a midfielder with 45 minutes to go away from home in a league match when there is more than 15 matches left to go in the season, especially from a manager whose concept of an outside back is to defend first.

12. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    From what I see, it's just that Uchida doesn't mesh well with Stevens, on all sorts of levels. And sometimes, you have to move on because of these things: it's never conducive to stay at a club where the environment is like that.

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uchida tactically dropped off the squad :rolleyes:

14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Uchida's fate at S04 is sealed.

15. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Yup, but they fail without Uchida at the same time..... :D

16. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I admit I enjoyed seeing that scoreline...:cool: however, I don't want to sound overly pessimistic about Uchida's chances to return to the squad, but today Stevens brought on Hoogland for the last minutes (who btw had not played in two years) which for me is a clear indication that Hoogland is already on a par or above Ucchi in the pecking order, after Höwedes and Höger.

17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Considering Stevens current position in the Schalke he should concentrate on finding another club in the summer. A year ago he fought for the CL final, now it seems like it's only a matter of time before he won't get to the match 18...

Tough luck, Usshi!

18. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    When is his contract up? buy-out clause? I at least hope he can get loaned out for some playing time.

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is gonna be a long half year for Uchida.

20. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Are you saying his contract is until Summer 2012, or that you can't wait for him to leave on the next transfer window.

Well, J-league transfer window is still open until April, but out of all the Japanese players struggling, I don't want him to leave Europe yet cuz he had a great first season there.

Were there any transfer rumors or interested clubs? I hadn't heard any.

21. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    His contract ends summer of 2013. If there is a team interested, Schalke will definitely try to cash in and get rid of his 1.2 million(i think that's what it was) euro per year salary this summer.

22. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  23. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    What are Endo and Kurihara doing on this list :confused:

24. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    The Gachapin thing seems to do it for some people.

25. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan