(2011.09.06) FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Uzbekistan x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by sc-f, Sep 5, 2011.

1. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Re: (2011.09.06) FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Uzbekistan x Japan [R]

Also, Zac has beaten a record held by Troussier and Zico previously. Unbeaten for 13 matches.

2. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Uzbekistan is a better team and father away.

If we can get a result here then I think that w can get a win in north korea.

3. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kiyotake needs to be a starter

4. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah, bring back Tulio and Nakazawa

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The problem with people who do not follow the team since years is that they're under the impression Tulio - Nakazawa has always been an invincible pair of divinities.

6. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

Uchida is good until he's got the ball. He doesn't mesh too good with Okazaki, Honda looked realy pissed at him during June's games. Uchida finally caught up to Inoha in number of assists under Zac?
    And now I looked at live chat. Korean trolls seems to have a fair share of time. Both in English and Korean :)

7. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Don't think defence is a problem as long as Zac plays with a real No. 10 and we don't abandon the space between attack and defensive midfield.Seriously, I can't remember a match since Zac took over where we lost the ball so often.

8. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD

It looked very apathic in midfield. Did they collect at least one second ball? That's the point I think. Endo and Hasebe looked out of tune. Especially Endo. The hole between attacking and defending players was nasty. They played like they're used to play only for 5 minutes in second half. Bad game and I'm happy with a point.

9. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I would have to say, Japan is sluggish in the first Half, good thing Kawashima was solid and only conceded one. 2nd Half was better as we were attacking more, connecting passes and Okazaki scoring the equalizer. The last quarter, Uzbek pressuring, Japan rushing with Quick Counter, but couldn't score. Both sides wanted that winning goal, but both lacked finishing.
    I hate to admit it, but it seems Uzbek had better chances in attacking in the last quarter. Uzbek attack in numbers, but Japan played long ball to Havenaar while Kagawa, Kiyotake and Okazaki was in midfield, and rushing to his aid. DF was easily closing down on Havenaar.

Japan really needs to kick it up a notch before the 2nd half of the 3 round WCQ. we still have Tajikistan to play the 2 matches, then an away game with DPRK and a home game against Uzbekistan.

Tajikistan lost to DPRK 1-0, yet we only one against DPRK 1-0 @90'+4', tying with Uzbekistan 1-1. Both games Tajikistan only lost by 1 goal in both matches, while both their opponents gave us a hard time. Is Tajikistan not the cannon fodder we thought?

10. ISUSucks

ISUSucks New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Japan
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Horrible performance but still gets away with a point and that's a good thing. Hard luck to Uzbek. Now I feel this is kinda ridiculous to have 3 teams with 2 of them from S.Africa 2010 and the champ and 4th in this year's Asian Cup in the same group

11. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Uchida is faster than he seems, is good in anticipating, intelligent off the ball, and he manages to get to the line with the ball. But even if he's totally free, his crosses are always like missing that 10% accuracy and that kinda ruins it all.

Don't care about the trolls, as I don't really care what's happening in other games :cool:

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Having a tall striker upfront forces us to play a game witch is not ours. It's safer to bet on playing on the ground than launching long balls and hoping Havenaar will have a strong enough neck to head it in the net. I didn't like that.

13. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria

He simply doesn't have the legs to play two high tempo games in such a brief time. :)

14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes and no, I think the pitch today was not too good for quick passing. The grass was high and seemed to slow down the ball. You are right that it's quite a change of play, but also it's hard to adjust for the opponent.

15. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Playing on a bad pitch is a factor, but it shouldn't be a major factor, imo. Japan would've had learn to adjust to it already, but if Japan couldn't ,but maybe it means Japan is spoiled with their First-class fields. It was the same factor in the U-17 Japan vs Brazil in the U-17 WC in Mexico. Japan lost 2-3, but those 2 goals were in the late quarter. Japan quick passing was ruin by the condition of the pitch.

But at least that one help explains why Japan look so sluggish throughout. They did adjust, I guess, and run some good plays.

btw, Havenaar had the same kind of luck Lee did. I know with Havenaar, we can get in some long ball easier, but it just didn't work that way. Instead, it really hurt us as we lost alot of possession that way.

EDIT: to us, it was one of Japan's worst games. To Uzbekistan, how would they rate their team, I wonder? Was it a typical performance from Uzbekistan?
    I'm relieved that Japan tied, but hated that Uzbek fans are saying how they would destroy Japan on their home ground later. Which of course is absurd. this was far from Japan's best, yet to think that Japan wouldn't be able to play better or improve from this match is too insulting.

16. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPhMk-TTUE"]??????? ? ?? ????????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

Just the short highlights.

17. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Here's the long one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qOQj3YqcSk"]Uzbekistan 1-1 Japan hilight long ver. - YouTube[/ame]

18. nextworldorder

nextworldorder New Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

最初のピンチで阿部がボランチで使われてたのにガラガラのバイタルエリア使われて「こりゃ今日はヤバイ」と思った。 予想通り阿部は試合中ずっと迷子。馬鹿かよあのイタ公。

19. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

To sc-f: thanks for videohighlights. Though I watched it live, the video skip often and blurry. I actually didn't saw the equalizing goal live, but audio-wise, the fans was real quiet and the english commentator wasn't really good with words, only like 10 second later did i found out about the goal.

20. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Agreed. Uchida needs someone who can hold the ball and wait for Uchida to pass him. Someone like Farfan or Nakamura. If he can learn how to cross the ball, he can be a top 3 right back in the world. This boy is class.

Really good point for Japan. That has all but sealed next round.

21. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Would have like to take 3 points instead, but with that display, We're lucky to get a point. A terrible 1st half, followed by some great attacking moments which ended in a goal. I thought they would be able to ride the momentum, but Uzbekistan took their chances and we ended up playing pick-ups.
    Imo, subbing Lee for Havenaar was unnecessary, it changed our style of play to long balls while I thought we should've stick to the same strategy when we just score to stay on momentum. However, since that sub decision was made before the goal, it can't be help.

22. mushu21

mushu21 Member

May 18, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I had the chance to watch this game, on Japanese TV :) I'm on a business trip to Japan :)
    But I must say Japan didn't have a good match, except the result.
    I have the feeling Zac understood the gap in Japan's formation when they have to switch between attack and defence, so he added Abe and moved Hasebe a little forward, but Abe was out of place most of the time he was on the pitch.

Lee and Havenaar have good movement and decent finishing ability, but they can't hold possession like Honda did in the WC. If the CF could do that, the midfield would look much better.

23. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Okazaki got quite lucky with his goal.
    He has good movement at times but then ruins it by playing defender and stopping the play short with his long traps.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Too bad he is not even a starter anymore then :/

25. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

At Schalke? He is a starter, for the last few weeks he's been picked over Hoger, he's pretty much won his spot back.