Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Jul 17, 2011.
Hoping to see Usami and Miyaichi playing this time
Well i don't think the squad is going to be revealed for maybe two weeks but, If you guys had to pick, who would make your squad? The main omissions from mine would be our two star fullbacks, Uchida and nagatomo. They simply wouldn't fit my system and wouldn't be appropriate to deploy them in the midfield. Comments and Thoughts would be welcome! How do I produce an illustration of my starters though is it a program or site I could use? I see alot of people doing that on here.
GK: Eiji Kawashima, Shusaku Nishikawa, Masaaki Higashiguchi
DF: Yasayuki Konno, Masahiko Inoha, Tomoaki Makino, Yuzo Kurihara, Maya Yoshida, Marcus Tulio Tanaka(He'll be the perfect stopper/sweeper), Daiki Iwamasa, Mitsuru Nagata
MF: Shinji Kagawa, Keisuke Honda, Makoto Hasebe, Akihiro Ienaga, Kota Ueda, Yasuhito Endo(He's been in excellent form lately), Yuki Abe, Hajime Hosogai, Kengo Nakamura, Daigo Nishi
FW: Takashi Usami, Shinji Okazaki, Kensuke Nagai, Tadanari Lee
To make my squad fit the 23 man stipulations of most official tournaments, I would cut Nagata and Nishi.
You can't be serious.
Did you not watch the Kirin Cup? Why would Zac even bother using them if he knew that they weren't part of his plan?
And even if they aren't, there is no logical reason not to call them up.
You want to be stuck with no back-up plan if the 3-4-3 doesn't work?
I thought the 3-4-3 was the back-up. Honestly, this formation is outdated and don't fit well in the NT
I'm pretty sure that Zac is calling up the Euro players because it is a FIFA match day, but if not then that's a decent squad.
Also, no Nishikawa or Higashiguchi?
No Mike? I guess I don't have to ask you why..........
How long will it take Saku to recognize Mike's abilities? My guess never..... I hope this isn't because he's not "Japanese" because if it is, then you have lost all respect that I have ever had for you.
I've seen him too much, Tsuzuki was a better keeper. The number of blunders he's made these past two years is unbelievable.
He's been injured.
Sorry dude, but we've had this discussion before and you have presented no logical reasons why Mike should not be chosen.
I'm trying to figure out why you don't like him, but its come down to this.
Unless you can give me a logical and factual reason why Mike should not be chosen, then I have to assume that you have some personal vendetta against the man and you just purely hate him.
Also, Tsuzuki lolololololololololol
that's a joke right?
lololololol dude ... I don't like him as a player. That's all. Personal taste. Never talked about him as an individual or else, I don't care. I don't have the right to think this way, I'm not born in Japan unlike some members of my family.
You're leading me on this path. It's been a week since I last mentioned Havenaar and I wouldn't have done it without you. I have no vendetta.
And Tsuzuki = bad keeper (towards the end especially). Nishikawa = bad keeper, Tsuzuki = Nishikawa. You can't ignore the laughable mistakes he does sometimes. Or so, everybody can be a national team keeper, as long as you have a good reputation.
So you admit that there's no logical reason not to choose Mike?
And you admit that you don't like him for a personal reason. Which is?
I just want to set this straight. Do you hate him because he is not biologically Japanese?
This is a serious question. If you hate him because of that then I hope that you rethink your entire life and your principles.
A player. Nothing personal. His play, the way he plays, what he does on the pitch. Nothing more. I don't need your lessons, thank you, we can move on, this already went waaay too far.
Yes, if you don't like him as a player then you wouldn't mind telling why right?
Is it really that difficult?
Here I'll give you an example:
-plays that wrong position
-Not intelligent on the ball
-can't finish to save his life
-holds up play too much
It's an endless debate, I'll give you my reasons, you're gonna tell I'm wrong even though I think I'm right, blah blah. Just wait for the day he'll be on my list, for now he isn't.
This is a factual debate.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but you aren't entitled to your own facts.
Obviously if you say something stupid like he can't finish then you are wrong.
This is why I want to know your reasoning. I want to have a serious debate about Mike's qualities. I want to understand why you don't believe Mike should be chosen and give you my reasons why he should.
I don't believe that there's anything wrong with this. This is a message-board and message-boards are for sharing opinions and debating them.
If you'd read my full post, you would've noticed that I said it was a 3-5-2 formation. Nagatomo and Uchida Aren't midfielders or CBs so, they'd be dead weight on my squad. I want to accentuate Japan's strengths. Which would be the wealth of midfield talent and some pretty good tall defenders.
1. None of these midfielders have the quality to defend along with attacking.
2. Uchida and Nagatomo have already been learning the 3-4-3 so why stop now? Nagatomo will probably play it at club level so he's already ahead of the game.
3. Both Uchida and Nagatomo are well versed in attacking play. I don't see that being a problem.
4. Few teams in the J-League actually use the 3-4-3 so saying that they will have an easier time adapting to it than Uchida or Nagatomo is disingenuous.
5. No one ever said that the 3-4-3 is Japan's main formation. I trust that Zac knows that right now it is an experimental formula and there is a time and a place to use it. When it comes crunch time, I believe that he will use the right formation to win.
6. You don't seem to understand what a wingback is. It is not either a midfielder or CB as you describe it as above.
7. Wealth of good and tall defenders? Are you having a laugh? Yoshida is a starting centerback which should show you the lack of quality at the back that the team has.
Pre-convocation for Kagawa, Usami and Miyaichi :
Olympic or A squad
Usami and Miyaichi to Olympic team maybe, Kagawa of course A-squad ... squads should be announced by next week i think
1.) 90% of these players were picked from the afc asian cup and kirin cup squads so, to say they don't have the quality to do both is absurd. Plus I picked these players specifically for the 3-5-2. Can you not read son? I'm not talking about a 3-4-3, i'm saying if I was coaching and input a 3-5-2, this would be my squad.
2.) Why stop now? The 3-4-3 as you know, has 3 forwards in it, well we don't have 3 killer forwards. The offense looked stagnant against a pedestrian Czech republic team and against a porous Peru B-team defense.
3.)yes they are well versed in attacking play but in the 3-5-2 system they just won't fit. Akihiro Ienaga would most likely play LMF and Kengo nakamura could very well play DMF or RMF, he's versatile enough to play any midfield position. The 3-5-2 doesn't employ Wingbacks so uchida and nagatomo won't be needed.
4.)many teams in the German bundesliga have used and still do use the 3-5-2 since it was first conceived in the bundesliga. Most of the Japanese players abroad are playing in germany so, this formation shouldn't be too foreign to them.
5.)Again, this squad was picked just for the 3-5-2. If I were using the 3-4-3, Nagatomo and uchida would be included but I'm(as I've clearly said this several times) not, so they aren't included.
6.) I understand what a Wingback is, you don't seem to understand what I'm saying very well. i'm using a 3-5-2 formation not a 3-4-3, not a 4-4-2. It was a hypothetical situation what don't you get? Where did I say anything about uchida and nagatomo not playing as wingbacks? You must been on some crazy turkish amphetamines or something because, reading over my posts I say nothing about that. Do you even know how the 3-5-2 works?
7.) And yes I believe there are a wealth of decent to good defenders that could be used in the 3 back sets. They're by no means a Gerard Pique but, they'll get the job done. Most of these guys are still very young and have a pretty high ceiling, of course the floor is a little low but, with enough experience and caps they'll become good.
1. No one cares what you would do. This is a discussion about Zac's plans. And Zac wants to play a 3-4-3 not a 3-5-2
2. Umm, Nagatomo and Uchida can support the forwards fine. We don't need to play midfielders (who can't defend) in their place. I don't know what game you were watching, but Japan created plenty of opportunities. The finishing let them down.
3. Again, they aren't going to play the 3-5-2 so there is no need to discuss it. Let's be realistic here. Zac Japan will be playing the 3-4-3 not the 3-5-2. Anyways, Ienaga is seen as Endo's successor so the idea of playing him outside it moot. Kengo is too old, Zac has already stated that he wants young players so scratch his name off the list.
4. So you agree with me?
5. THEY AREN'T GOING TO PLAY A 3-5-2, so please stop talking about it.
6. See the times above where I say "THEY AREN'T GOING TO PLAY A 3-5-2!!!!!!" Please let's have a realistic discussion.
If Zac made any kind of inclination that Japan was going to play a 3-5-2 then I would gladly have a discussion about it, but this is not a place to discuss wild fantasies and your career managing Japan in Football Manager.
7. Who the hell are you talking about? The only dude that I can come up with is Yoshida, but he is only young and not good. Face it, all the good younger defenders that you are talking about are fullbacks and not centerbacks. Why would you want to waste the talent at our disposal at the fullback position? It's arguably the most talented position in competition with attacking midfielders. How the hell can you not use Nagatomo or Uchida? Nagatomo was the ********ing player of the tournament at the Asian Cup. When Zac switched to the 3-4-3 against Australia, Nagatomo showed that he can adjust and guess what? He got the assist that won the game.
I don't mind people who want to have a hypothetical discussion, but this thread is for some serious discussion about the upcoming match. If you want to have a place to talk about your wild tactical plans then do it in the NT thread. This thread is for some realistic discussion about the upcoming match.
again I understand it;'s a 3-4-3 formation youre taking this way too seriously. All those defenders are CBs. Makino has experience at both full and center, every player on that list has played centreback at some point in their career. I again i believe the turkish amphetamines you're taking are making you hallucinate that I'm saying such things,I'm fully aware they're not playing a 3-5-2. You're seriously underrating the back line of Japan. Nagatomo created plenty of opportunities but Japan's blaring weakness is the forwards. I'm fullly aware that Zac is playing a 3-4-3 again, it was a hypothetical situation not some fantasy, it was just for fun, but you strangled and killed that fun. With that said I'm not going to entertain an argument with someone like you. Havenaar isn't fit for the squad neither, ever wonder why not even the eredivise wants him? If he's soo good, why does he only have 5 caps to his name? he was naturalized in 1994, so he is a citizen and eligible for any level( he was even elgible for U-17s at the time). Seriously dude get off his jock, he's not this savior of the NT that you portray him as. With that said I'm not interested in entertaining an argument or whatever this is with someone like you sso, I'm just gonna stop here.