2011 — Promotion Bound? What say you?

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by hartley, Aug 31, 2011.

1. hartley

hartley Member

Will this be the year the Addicks get back to the Championship League?

I think so.

The team is off to a bright start and Powell is building a squad with skill, athleticism, and belief in a long-term system. And this includes attractive football — from what little I have seen in highlights.

I am not familiar enough with the players at this point to start naming squads, but I am confident that CAFC will be back up the ladder.

What say you? Go Addicks!

2. TomHammers93

TomHammers93 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As a West Ham fan i might not be welcome lol but i'm from a part of South East London near Charlton so i like them.

To be honest i wasn't sure how they would do considering how many changes Powell has made since the end of last season. I think he has brought in about 15 players. But yes Chartlon are contenders for automatic promotion. They've looked good so far. Chartlon are a very big club at League 1 level, even in the Chamionship they should be considerd one of the 'bigger' clubs, so they should always be contenders at the start of the season.

If they can carry on going they way they are, picking up points consistently then they should get promotion. Long way to go though. They will certainly be in the mix of it.

3. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    7 points clear 19 games in, lookin' good Addicks!

I just took a cruise from Miami over thanksgiving week, walking in the atrium I saw a current Charlton away shirt and had a quick chat with a resident from SE6.

I hope that Bradley W-P doesn't get sold in January, have there been any rumors out there?

I was major bummed when the Carlisle FA cup match was on TV here but I don't have FSP.

How have you been hartley?

4. hartley

hartley Member

doug,

I've been good. Steady. Life is going pretty good right now. Getting married in July. Probably coming to Chicago for honeymoon. Really.

I had a lot of fun during the last MLS season. Sporting KC were fantastic.

And I am enjoying what news, video, etc. I can get of the Addicks. We are halfway through the season and in the best position in years to get promoted. I think Powell has built a fine team with some very good chemistry. It's about time CAFC were back in the Championship where they belong.

I hope none of the players leave. And I hope anyone on loan to us wants to stay and keep fighting our way up the ladder.

Go, Addicks.

How are you?

5. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh not much different here, working, watching soccer, the state of the fire is hard to take.

congrats on the upcoming wedding! Chicago in July is a good time of year if it isn't too humid, lots of street festivals and things going on. shouldn't you have the wedding..,,,,,,say.... the last week of August or early September and honeymoon in London?!?!?!?!?! CAFC first home fixture in the championship!

6. KidFlash

KidFlash Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    10 points clear of second and the automatic promotion spots... it's been fantastic.

(Why couldn't they have played like this when I lived in London during the 2009-10 season? Ah well.)

7. hartley

hartley Member

doug,

It would have been nice to have the wedding and honeymoon as you say, but she is a teacher. So, the best time to get hitched is in the summer when her schedule is very open.

Addicks continue top of table. I would like to see them get some more big wins. Seems teams are starting to bunker and make Charlton work hard to get even a goal. No matter, Powell has the lads ready for anything. Go Addicks!

8. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    11 points clear with 7 fixtures left, c'mon you Addicks!

9. Appy Addick

Appy Addick Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Portsmouth
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Promotion achieved at Carlisle. Again. Why always at Carlisle..?

I'm not complaining, mind, just pointing out that it seems the fixtures computer has positioned the promotion clinching game at this far north outpost of the league with alarming regularity.

But hey.... regardless of where or when, it's great to be definitely promoted. A big thank you to Colchester for drawing with Sheffield Wednesday and helping to make it our day.

Three more points and we are up as Champions, and only six more to join the 100 points in a season gang..!!

I am a very 'appy Addick...!!

10. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Charlton, Millwall and Crystal Palace in the same division next year!

11. Appy Addick

Appy Addick Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Portsmouth
    Club:
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh, what joy that will be. A visit to the supermarket one week, and the next, a trip to the public toilet otherwise known as the New Den.

To make it worse, Scumhampton are goingto be promoted and Portsmouth relegated so I don't get any "local" games next season. Gloom.

Satnav out. Now, how did I get to Burnley last time......??