2010-2011 NBA Regular Season Thread - Year of the Superbrats [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by dark knight, Oct 26, 2010.

1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    You can't wind up Bulls fans because we know that the team with Rose is the team that wins.

2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    :):):)

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Every time I see Kobe he bricks. I swear, he must shoot 30% lifetime when I'm watching. Especially when the game is close.

If the Bulls are playing the Lakers, I'm yelling at the TV for Kobe to shoot rather than pass.

4. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Kobe's the best closer since Jordan IMO...

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He can't beat my mojo.

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I think this is a myth - especially this season.

7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Come playoff time, Kobe's a different player! :)

I'm waiting for a Heat fan to say LBJ's the best closer..:D

8. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    You should watch Kobe more often. When I watch him it looks like he's tossing it in a swimming pool.

9. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    No, but Wade is.

10. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wade's the number two option on the Heat:D. You'd think they would learn after so many bricks from Lebron.:rolleyes:

11. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Take this to pm gentlemen.

12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Man Boston has fallen off the planet. Yeah I know it's dangerous to read into the regular-season form of a veteran playoff team, but they're going to need to move up about 3 gears just to be competitive. I'd be surprised to see them in the East finals.

If it happens, the OKC/Denver series should easily be the best of the first round matchups.

13. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    We're almost to the playoffs, time to get your picks in.

In the West I think it's wide open and we'll see some upsets (based on seeding) early. I don't see both LA and SA making the conference finals, so I'll say LA beats OKC in the conference finals.

In the East I think only the top 4 seeds are relevant and I don't see any first round upsets. But I think Orlando beats Chicago and Miami beats Boston in the conf. semifinals. I have LA over Miami in 6 in the finals, and I'm hoping the reverse jinx is on.

JohnR, if LA does meet up with San Antonio, please watch every game so I can see that JohnR --> Kobe Bryant butterfly effect thing you're talking about.:D

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Based on the current standings and projected play-off meetings:

Chicago over Indiana in five games

Miami over Philadelphia in six games

Boston over the Knicks in six games

Orlando over Atlanta in six games

San Antonio over New Orleans in six games

Dallas over Memphis in seven games

Lakers over Portland in seven games

OKC over Denver in six games

Chicago over Orlando in six games

Miami over Boston in five games

OKC over San Antonio in six games

Lakers over Dallas in six games

Chicago over Miami in six games

OKC over the Lakers in seven games

Chicago over OKC in six games.

15. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From your keyboard to God's ears. :D

At this point, I'm expecting a Bulls-Heat Eastern Conference Finals, but haven't decided who I expect to advance.

16. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strike that. Reverse it. We're hot right now. I think we take out Dallas in six and make it to the second round for the first time in team history.

17. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I hear you about the dangers of reading into the regular season with a veteran team, especially the Lakers and Celtics. What strikes me is that three most veteran teams, Lakers, Celtics, and Spurs, are the least hottest teams at this moment, while the younger and newer teams are on a hot streak.

I have always maintained that Boston is the team that will win the championship. However, that was before the Perkins trade, and I now do not see them winning the whole thing. I can picture them winning the conference and into the NBA finals, but I can easily picture a western team beating them. Speaking of which, I maintained that OKC had zero chance of making to the conference finals, but that Perkins trade really did sway my original projection. OKC added some much needed size in the middle and they have greatly improved their defense this year, even at the beginning of the season without having obtained Perkins.

The Northwest division is on fire, as is with Miami and Chicago.

I just cannot imagine any first round upsets happening. The western conference is competitive all around, while the the east has the La Liga RM and Barca type of 4 team headed horse race. Even so, The Bulls should roll easily to the conference finals. I am in full agreement with JohnR about the illogical Howard's contribution to playing the Bulls.

If it did come out to these two teams, my gut says the Heat will advance.

Haha not love for Dallas.

18. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    I'll make that pick as well. Memphis will give SA trouble as well if they meet up in either the first or second round.

19. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Soooo my Spurs amigos on this board... SA vs Lakers tonight on TNT. Well with the first seed already wrapped up and both of our teams in a slump, this game has not really turned into a "must watch" game as I wished. Nonetheless, this game means more to the Lakers in terms of taking the second seed, which we should have locked in a long a$$ time ago, and getting out of the losing streak and building some sort of streak and confidence going into the play offs.

20. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boston has no heat. Knicks have 7 wins in a row. I like our chances.

21. Playboy Red Devil

May 3, 2010
    West Hollywood
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Aside from the Orlando game, the 7 in a row wins were not against good opponents. Even the Spurs fans think they are in a slump in the midst of a 4 game winning streak due to their recent wins against non winning competitive opponents. I will reserve my judgment until after the Bulls and Celtics games in the next two days. Even so, it may not be an accurate judgment because Amare is out until the play offs.

22. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It technically means as much to the Spurs as they need to hold off Chicago who are playing a Knicks team likely resting their starters.

23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Now you have me thinking. Say the Bulls win their final 2 and the Spurs split. They're both 62-20. Tiebreaker?

Head to head. They split.

Tiebreaker?

Record against the opposing conference. The Bulls are 23-7 against the West. The Spurs are 23-7 against the East.

Tiebreaker?

You got me.

24. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I think it is a coin toss

25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The Bulls prefer lotteries, thanks much.