(2010.09.04) Friendly: Japan x Paraguay [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by fc koshigaya, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Re: (09.04.10) Friendly: Japan vs. Paraguay [R]

Horrible mistake by Kurihara almost cost Japan the win.
    The commentators were so excited after Kagawa's goal that they forgot to make their panic voices when Barrios was free on goal...

2. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

ok awful may have been a little harsh but it was not good. Sorry but winning a Kirin Cup match at home is not really avenging a World Cup loss for me. I would rather lose 20-0 today and win the shoot out in South Africa. Ask any Paraguayian player if they gave a shit that they lost today and see how many Japanese players were in tears 2 months ago.

3. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

This Nsato is a Korean in disguise lol

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg

No of course but you saw what I was sayin'. That was a good performance against a team that made the top 8. I just can't say anything was awful but I just may be over-excited. Can't wait for the Guatemala's game.

5. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

nope youre right...awful was a bit harsh

6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Why the ******** am I not surprised that Kagawa scored?

Also Kurihara is not at international level.

7. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Defensively we were much more vulnerable at set pieces with Kurihara and also Abe wasn't there as well. Things settled down with Iwamasa in. (Why do they keep playing Kurihara as no.1 sub, do they all see him as a natural Yokohama successor from Matsuda --> Nakazawa --> Kurihara?). Also if Endo ends up retiring I think Japan has a decent option in Hosogai which to me was a relief cause I wasn't able to think of who has the quality to potentially step up. He's just gotta get stuck in a bit more when we don't have the ball.

We played very Okada Japan without the ball which I think was one of the more obviously good parts of Okada Japan. Attacking it was just about introducing Kagawa to our attack. Morimoto is just a little out of shape at the moment from not playing.

loved these quotes from Kawashima:

"It's been a long time since I won so I am very happy to win today and not to concede any goals is really good for me," Kawashima told Kyodo News.

"We still have another match against Guatemala but I want to win another game and take the good momentum to my team."

One day Kawashima's just gonna walk out on Lierse haha. He's gonna struggle going from playing with Nakazawa infront of him to having to be playing with some goon of a 2nd div quality belgian CB.

8. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Kurihara played because Nakazawa is used to him, and he is more disciplined than Makino--Paraguay is a WC Top-8 team, least we forget.

Honestly, more than dwelling on individuals and tactics (we had five top players out, and Okubo too, btw), I'd like to point out to how Japan is now a top-side in World Soccer. We're not at the level of Brazil, Spain or Holland, but just one step below.

For those, like me, who started to follow the NT in 1994, it is beyond belief.

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

No team in international football would be able to walk over Paraguay NT (as demonstrated by the world champions in south africa) so it is of no concern that it was a tough game thats fair enough.

10. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain

HAHA you made my day. :D

11. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Well, at least he gets lots of practice, right?

12. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
  13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Well played guys, this is def one of the best Japan teams I seen in awhile.

Why wasn't Kagawa selected for the WC squad? The kid is amazingly good.

14. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US

Will this same team play against Guatemala?? How different will the starting 11 be?? I would like to know please. Thank you.

16. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

The new manager of Japan has been watching from the stands so at the moment the JFA Technical director is taking charge.

He's only in charge for these two games (2nd being Guatemala). A lot of players will probably be different for that game. A lot of newer faces or less experienced faces because Hara (TD) is trying to demonstrate all the players for Zaccheroni. Compared to the team that played Paraguay Japan's starting XI will be weaker to give the other players a go to impress infront of the new manager.

But the squad that was named by Japan was pretty strong so rest assured whatever XI put out there it should be relatively strong with maybe a few new faces. I'd be surprised if at least 5 from the World cup squad didn't play.

Are you a Guatemala fan? How's their squad for this match i heard they played in the USA 2 days ago? Was that with a different squad?
    ------------------------------------
    On another note can someone let me know what this says?
    http://www.sanspo.com/soccer/news/100906/scc1009060503004-n2.htm

1 person likes this.
  17. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009

Zaccheroni waas asking Hara what position Makino plays and why he's scoring a lot as a defender. He's got an advantage because he can play as 3 in the back and also 4 in the back. He says "bonjourno!!" to Zaccheroni louder than everyone else on the team.

Doesn't Guatamala have a game vs El Salvador on the same day? Are they brining their A team to ours or theirs?

1 person likes this.
  18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

thanks
    On their squad to the El Salvador on the Guatemala forum there were comments like "its like a damn U23 side". So I think they're sending a better team to Japan (you'd damn well hope so). Somebody commented that the squad to Japan was "young with a mix of experience". Don't know what that means but it doesn't sound like their absolute strongest. Sounds also like speed and pace individually is a strength of theirs.

19. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US

Yes the Guatemala team that will play you guys is better (more experienced players than the one playing in the USA) with a few exceptions like Marco Pappa (currently Guatemala's best player abroad) who will not play against Japan. So we have 2 games in the same day.

20. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US

Also our Paraguayan head coach Ever Hugo Almeida is also in Japan, his brother (Ivan Almeida) will coach the games in the US. So obviously this game is his main priority.

Ever Hugo Almeida coached the Paraguay national team during the 1999 Copa América when Japan was invited and Paraguay beat Japan 4-0.

21. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I suppose Inui will start, or at least play some significant time.

22. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Just saw on the news that Nakazawa got injured in practice and is doubtful.

23. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010

Wow. Regardless Iwamasa should really be given a chance to start for once.

24. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma

Yeh, it seems it will be Makino and Iwamasa. Hara wants to give Nagata some time as well..
    Hashimoto might also start at defensive mid.

25. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

probably Iwamasa and Makino starting in defense ... maybe Hashimoto and Inui starting too

edit: rougou was quicker