2007/2008 Villarreal General News/Rumours thread.

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Pints, Jul 25, 2007.

1. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I have GolTV - was just wondering about bars that might show the games - thanks, though.

2. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I wonder if Pellegrini will let him play?

3. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    i didn't follow that affair.

What exactly happened?

4. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! ;)

If you really want to get all sides of the story, go to page six of this thread. I do not think anyone around here is up for going through all of that again.

5. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Ahmen.

6. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    Cuando Román suena...x López
    (Marca Editorial)

Riquelme es un extraordinario jugador del fútbol. Tiene un toque, una visión y un talento fuera de toda duda. Lo que se viene denominando un jugón, vamos. Hasta ahí está claro. Entonces hay algunos puntos que yo no entiendo bien:
    Primero, si es tan bueno, no me entra en la cabeza cómo el Villarreal se permite el lujo de tenerle en la grada un montón de tiempo, pagándole un sueldo galáctico y rechazando ofertas que proceden de Boca Juniors. Algo habrá…
    Segundo, si es tan bueno, no alcanzo a comprender cómo no ha tenido decenas de ofertas para su contratación cuando es obvio que el Villarreal está interesado es desprenderse de él. Algo tendrá…
    Tercero, si es tan bueno, no termino de entender las dudas -700 diarias, según explicó ayer García Pitarch- que genera a todos los equipos para contratarle. A todos, menos a Boca. Algo habrá…

Si Riquelme fuera a estar comprometido e implicado en un proyecto, nadie tendría ninguna duda para su traspaso. Pero fichar a Riquelme significa que tienes que hacer tu equipo alrededor de Riquelme. Fichar a Riquelme significa que, en cuanto que tenga un problema, se va a convertir en un problema. Fichar a Riquelme significa que, en cuanto que no sea titular, va a ser una carga para el equipo. Fichar a Riquelme significa un riesgo demasiado grande, casi inasumible. Ahora bien, si Riquelme está a gusto, lleva a tu equipo a las semifinales de la Champions. Pero cuando no, que se vaya a Boca… No comparto muchas de las decisiones de Javier Aguirre –y habrá momentos para darle los palos que se merezca- pero el no fichaje de Román me parece un acierto histórico. Por algo será…

7. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Good players can be trained to work with Riquelme. Building a team around him doesn't mean you need a completely different set of players. Since Roman is slower and his ability to correct errors is limited, perhaps the players around him need to be precise when giving and receiving passes, or of higher quality in general.

8. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Building a team around Riquelme is an argument I have never fully understood, all you need to do is play a 4-3-1-2 formation with 3 defensive midfielders and good attacking fullbacks to neutralize the space left open by the playmaker, in this case Riquelme, so he can concentrate fully on working his magic and creating space for the strikers. Boca didn't need to buy new players when Riquelme came back last year and he fitted perfectly fine in their formation without any problems.

Just taking a look at the squad list that Villareal have today and you can see that they could play this formation without any difficulties today too, unfortunately that won't happen. Riquelme will never play again for Villareal, of that much I'm certain.

Sigh it's going to suck waiting for the next transer period to come:(

9. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

What alot of people seem to be missing here or at least are easily forgetting is that Villarreal began playing better (recently) once Riquelme had left the squad. No amount of "Team Formation" or "Player Acquisition" can change that hard, and somewhat unbelievable, fact.

There is far, far more to this than Riquelme and his undeniable talent.

10. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I'm not denying the obvious friction in the team that was apparent last season and the almost immediate sign of results when Riquelme left for Boca. But let's face it Villareal began winning their matches again sure but, clearly without that special tint of magic that Riquelme provided.

It has become clear to me that Riquelme has no place in Villareal or, and it really pains me to say this, any other European team anymore. Villareal should have cut their losses and sold him back to Boca because right now they are just toying with this man's career.

No European top team is going to buy Riquelme in january for that amount of money and with those exuberant wages. It won't happen.

11. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I believe I can agree with every aspect of your post. Sadly enough.
    I too would love to see Riquelme back on the field producing like we all know he can, but I also think it would have been best if he stayed at Boca seeing the latest actions of him not even being included on the bench.

12. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Elano and Riquelme on a midfield together, I can see the sparks flying allready...

13. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    iwa,
    do you know if Nihat is called up for the Turkish national team, or if he was left off because of injury? thanks.

14. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Hi Maddi,

Nihat Kahveci didin't get call up for Turkish NT duo to injury.

I think, it because his injury progress still continue,,there for no need to push risk about it.

@

He will get back soon and ready for after the nt break.

Regards
    iwa

15. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
  16. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    completely irresponsible statement.
    and who is he to talk about that? he merely copied our system and had limited success with it. bottom line, who the ******** cares what he thinks of our NT?

17. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    He's stating his opinion on the matter. He isn't analysing the Argentine squad.

18. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    UEFA CUP DRAW

GROUP C

Villareal (Spain)
    AEK Athens (Greece)
    Fiorentina (Italy)
    Mlada Boleslav (Czech Republic)
    Elfsborg Boras (Sweden)

Games start on the 25th....I believe.

19. David Villa7

David Villa7 New Member

May 26, 2006
    London
  20. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    How nice of him to say this now, during the international break, when Riquelme is on the other side of the world and can't defend himself (again!):rolleyes:
    If this isn't upsetting team balance (albeit not his team offcourse), then I don't know what is.

This is coming from the guy who once said that any manager would be delighted to work with Roman and now he can't even look him in the eye anymore when they cross paths in Villareal.

21. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No fair trying to jinx us.

22. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    I think you are forgetting the amount of times Roman went to the press and bashed his coach and teams owner for their decisions during important stretches like during the Intertoto last summer. Bashing Roig and Pellegrini about selling Sorin.

If Roman has the "right" to bitch and whine about his situation, then Pellegrini after not saying a word has the right to come clean about his decisions to bench him.

"Riquelme is one of the best five players in the world in his position, but he is not committed to the club," Pellegrini explained.

"If the individuals help bring something to the team than that is great. If they want to be above the team then they are not wanted.

THIS is what every coach has to deal with, and several players have said that they agree with him on this. Even Forlan was quoted as saying Roman has no right to bash his team and coach. And they were friends. I think your allegiance to Roman is blinding other sides of this story for you.

I mean no offense to you, Volrath, but Villarreal CF is not Juan Roman Riqeulme CF.

23. David Villa7

David Villa7 New Member

May 26, 2006
    London
    Hah maybe... :p

24. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Interesting point in regards to the Uefa Cup

When AEK Athens plays Villarreal, Rodolfo will go up against his former club.

-discuss:D