2007/2008 Villarreal General News/Rumours thread.

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Pints, Jul 25, 2007.

1. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Result of Villarreal-Livorno (I figure since this is a friendly that is not, to my knowledge, on television anywhere over here, other than by internet, it is ok to post this here).

Villarreal won on penalties against Livorno. Villarreal went up 1-0 in the first half. Livorno then scored two goals, the second in the 88th minute on a penalty, to take a 1-2 lead. Franco then scored in the 93rd minute to level it and send it to penalties, which Villarreal took 3-2. I believe Senna scored our first goal of the match, but I am not sure - Italian is not my thing.

2. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    30' Macros Senna
    60' Nico Pulzetti
    88' Alessandro Diamanti
    92' Guillermo Franco

3. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope the weekly TV show at the VR site, if I can still get that, will have the highlights of Guille getting that late equalizer.

4. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Riquelme possibly to Tottenham? In the article, his agent says it would be a good move for Roman, and that Villarreal should take it. And for 10m pounds, it sounds pretty good to me for the club. This would be great if it worked itself out today or tomorrow, to let him leave well before the first game this weekend.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=389208

By the way, is my understanding is the game is at 1pm eastern correct? And does anyone know about US television? I am hoping the game will come on GolTV, but Barcelona plays at the same time, as does Sevilla-Getafe.

5. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    www.soccertv.com possibly the best info source on the web for people living in the US.

Scroll to the very bottom of the long page, and click on "Spain" to filter spanish-only games. That will give you the breakdown for the next 7 days (as opposed to 24 hours like the main page)

Enjoy!

6. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2007/08/23/um/01484200.html

Boca offered Villarreal 12 million dollars for Riquelme(which is a sum pretty much unheard of for South America) and they said no. They are asking for 17 million EUROS.

WTF is wrong with Villarreal? Do they purposely want to leave Roman rotting as some sort of payback? 12 million dollars is perfectly acceptable they're just being completely unreasonable.

7. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    does that mean we have a 17 million euro offer?

8. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Based on what I read in the Spanish press, Boca want another loan deal (goal.com reporting that their offer was turned down http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=392626 but there is no way I am going to believe that Boca is giving up)- but this loan would be for 2 years, to finish off his contract. Villarreal would only get paid about 3m euros, but they would save a little over 8m euros over the next two years.

From everything I have read, especially with his offer to play for Boca free, I just think he is going to risk it and turn down any offer that is not from Boca - leaving Villarreal kind of stuck. I say if the option is to either keep him in who knows what capacity, or "sell" him and get/save 11m euros, then get rid of him and let the circus leave town. Villarreal definitely can do it without him - as shown last year. But no one else seems to know that. for example, read this http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=389453 - another "preview" about Villarreal's season where the ONLY topic is Riquelme (and, for some reason, the statement that we will be relying on Marcos this year, which is kind of interesting, considering he is loaned out). Only when Riquelme is gone will people actually realize the quality football that is being played at the Madrigal.

9. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    Get your facts right. For $12M Villareal would have sold him. The c*nts at Boca only offered $4M which is less than what Villareal paid for HALF ownership back in the day when he was in the Barcelona reserve team and no one gave a Euro for him.....

The Boca guys count "12M" as if Riquelme's salary ($4M/year) was somehow to the benefit of Villareal....when those $8M are:mad: going to Riquelme's pocket.

Boca, Macri & co want good PR saying they did this "sacrifice" BLAH BLAH BLAH as usual they lie.

10. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed....this whole Riquelme thing just needs to be over now!

11. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Don't think that's all we've been looking for.
    Tottenham's offer was 15 million euro.

12. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure there even was an offer and that wasn't just a bit of press?

13. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    it was on TV news. FSC i think? or Sky

14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Do you read Spanish? Boca offered 12 million to Villarreal for the player. Riquelme wants to go back to Boca so badly that he offered to play a whole season for FREE. He knows that the jokers of Villarreal are just making everything impossible and they have no intention of playing him. They want 17 million euros which is ********ing ridiculous and you know it.

As usual they lie? Do you know anything about Boca or Macri? You do realize that during Macri's era as president Boca has achieved the most success in it's history? He doesn't need to lie about anything.

15. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF

with all those boca fans asking for Roman, they had to do something to show sincerity no?

16. SempreGroc

SempreGroc New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Villarreal
    I think this information is wrong...

Villarreal is asking for 10 million € (+tax, I guess).

Riquelme salari is 4.5 million € x2 seasons = 9 million €.

Macri said in an interview that Boca earn 6 million dollars from TV at year, and spend all money just in one player is unviable.

If I remember well, Boca was disposed to espend on the operation 12 million €, 9 for Riquelme's salari (for next 3 years) and 3 for Villarreal, so... Villarreal said NO.

Villarreal don't want to earn money with this, they only are trying to retrieve the inversion they made as much as posible. We should bear in mind that Villarreal have to pay to Barcelona (25%, I think) if we sell him this season (because of a clause in the contract when we bought him), so we need to get for him an acceptable amount of money.

Well, talk to you monday about tomorrow's match...

Are you able to see it on-line anywhere?

17. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    SempreGroc, it is on television in the US. :D We get about 4 la liga matches per weekend here. This weekend it is the madrid derby, sevilla-getafe, barcelona, and valencia-villarreal.

18. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    I can. It is you that obviously cannot. Pay attention to what is being said in the article.

as found in Ole:
    anticipó Macri ........" para transferir a Riquelme es que quieren, *incluyendo el contrato del jugador*, 17 millones y medio de euros. Boca hizo una oferta totalmente excepcional, fuera de las posibilidades del fútbol argentino, de 12 millones de dólares, y no fue suficiente. Nos saludamos cordialmente y dimos por terminado el tema".

Now, we have established you can't read. Can you do math? $4M per season, means a player total contract of $8M for Riquelme

$12M - $8M = $4M

That's how much they were prepared to give to Villareal. Pocket change.

19. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Well since Villarreal want 17 million euros you are telling me is that they're asking for Riquelme's contract plus 16 million dollars :rolleyes:. Right that's completely reasonable.

20. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    No I am not. And that's not what it says. Pay attention closely:

The $17M is NOT what Villareal "want". Look who is quoting the 17M figure. Is it Roig? Is it Pellegrini? Is it even Riquelme? No, that is what Macri says.
    What he is referring to is to $9M for Villareal, and $8M to Riquelme's bank account.

9 +8 = 17. So Villareal are ready to sell him for 9M, according to Macri.

Macri wants to make this operation sound like it is for an unreasonable sum (17M) because 1) it's an insurance policy with the fans, in case he fails to sign Riquelme. 2) if he does sign him, it would make him look even better as a president.

In reality, $4M for Riquelme, +4M per year salary is not a bad deal at all.
    To give you an example, Dani Alves was offered 6M salary / year recently, plus Sevilla was offered $42M for buying him.

I think we both agree Alves is not so much better than Riquelme. :confused:

21. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Alves is 4 years younger, and wingers are hot on the market at the moment. And we can't just look at another overpriced transfer and assume Roman worths more.

As long as there's hope in Boca, Roman will continue rejecting offers. It's really not about "how much is reasonable", but whether the two clubs are willing to meet half way and resolve this matter once and for all.

We bought 3/4 of Roman's right for 5 million Euro, then paid another million to Barza for champion's league so that's €6m. Taking into account the 25% rights still owned by Barza, we must sell Riquelme for €7.5m to stay even.
    Considering inflations and other financial losses, Roman's value should be around €8m. So 2 years of his contract + €8m = €17m

Villar was looking to gain €1m when we valued Roman for €9m.

22. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I am all about earning money through transfers if it means that we will be better in the long run. But the way I look at Roman is this - he played wonderfully for us for two years, helping carry Villarreal to third in the league in 04-05, then to semis of the CL in 05-06. Unfortunately now he is a drag on the team and a distraction. I say we got our money's worth with him, and if he is going to be a distraction, lets go ahead and get what we can and clear the whole mess up. Not to mention, we demonstrated today that we do not need him - we probably have the deepest midfield in la liga, considering we played six top notch mids today, and still have Mavuba ready to move into significant playing time, along with Bruno.

23. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    By the way, did anyone else notice that while Villarreal's Defenders/mids/forwards were all wearing last year's shirt, Viera had one of Puma's new shirts with the "pit stains"? Anyone know why?

24. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Our defense lacks depth, at least before Gonzalo Rodriguez could fully recover. From the Cygan - Fuentes - Senna umbrella, we can replace Senna with Mavuba, but if Cygan or Fuentes goes down we'll have some serious problems.

25. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    hahaha obviously he's sweating due to the arrival (and competition) from Diego Lopez....