2007/2008 Villarreal General News/Rumours thread.

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Pints, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Wow this is a great signing for the Yellow Submarines, they are building a great team for next season selling Forlan and signing Rossi now seems a masterstroke.

2. Xyrus

Xyrus New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    New Jersey, USA
    Yeah for anyone who doesn't know Spanish, that article maddi posted says that Diego Godin arrived in Spain today to talk to some Spanish club. We are not sure exactly which club yet it could very well be us because I saw somewhere earlier that we were looking into him. There could also be an Italian club interested though.

So we'll see, probably soon. If he doesn't sign within a week I think I'll just expect some other surprise signing with no buildup.

Also, I hope within a week or two we'll hear some news about Ilsinho. As far as I know the club has agreed a fee with Sao Paulo and agreed personal terms with Ilsinho, the only catch is his Portuguese citizenship. If he gets it (the club is supposed to find out in the next couple of days, maybe even tomorrow), and the club's plans have not changed, then he could also come. And Josemi could then leave.

Also, Lopez Vallejo has left and signed with Zaragoza. He agreed with the club to rescind the last year of his contract so he could sign somewhere else for free (we don't need him but nobody wanted to pay for him).

And bigger news, Pellegrini told Barbosa today that he's not in his plans and that he should look for another club. Viera and Diego Lopez will be the two main keepers, the understudy/emergency backup will be the canterano Juan Carlos. It's good to finally tell him at least. He was never consistent enough. Oh well.

3. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Just like Forlan, you are going to earn yourselves a hefty profit on Rossi in the future. 10 mil euros, Milan spent around 30mil on Gilardino and 22m on Oliviera, you sometimes have to wonder on the big clubs' transfer policies.

4. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  5. Xyrus

Xyrus New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    New Jersey, USA
    Damn. It's more than likely we won't be getting a right back right now then. Well, no matter, we can use that cash to get a better CB or two. Thanks for the news.

6. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Bit of a change to how someof us were thinking earlier last season.
    Great signing indeed.:)

7. Parsifal

Parsifal New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Alas, I guess we will have to put up with Josemi's erratic play whenever Venta isn't available this forthcoming season. Right back is a position that Villarreal hasn't been able to solidify with a reliable starter since God knows when.

On another note, does anyone know what happened to Tacchinardi? I last heard that he was released by Juventus.

8. SempreGroc

SempreGroc New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Villarreal
    Hi again guys.

I have gone at 1 o'clock to the Madrigal to give the welcome to our new player, Giuseppe Rossi. I've taken my photo camera with me and the video is now uploaded on the You Tube. If you wanna see follow the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF9Y2_ujB5o

9. SempreGroc

SempreGroc New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Villarreal
    Upcoming news!!!!

Diego Godin is the first of the two defenders that Manuel Pellegrini demanded. The official web site of Villarreal announces that the player is almost signed for the next 5 seasons.

10. Xyrus

Xyrus New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    New Jersey, USA
    Thanks for that video, SempreGroc! And that's great news from the official website. He's only 21 years old, already in the Uruguayan NT. A great signing, and this means that finally we don't have to replace a defender in a couple of years because he's too old. Been a great couple of days for the club. :)

Juve released Tacchi?! Wow, that's incredible. But I also heard that Ranieri didn't really want him, so Tacchi wanted to go back to Atalanta or something if possible. Hopefully he gets his wish. He was a loyal servant of ours for 2 great years. There's no place for him in the team though, he can't come back.

11. Parsifal

Parsifal New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Tacchi was class whenever he was given the chance to start a consistent amount of games. IMO, he and Gonzalo were instrumental in last season's eight game winning streak. Oh well, I hope Senna improves from his poor form of last season.

About Rossi, apperantly Man U included a buy-back clause in Rossi's contract with Villarreal.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=449324

What would happen if, say, Rossi had a +20 goal season that skyrocketed his price tag? Would Villarreal be forced to sell only to Man U? What if some other suitors (i.e. Milan) surfaced that offered more dough than the agreed buy back price in Rossi's contract?

12. SempreGroc

SempreGroc New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Villarreal
    I don't know what would happen but I will ask about it to a friend that works in the local radio in the sports section.

13. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I think if you insert a pre-fixed price in the Premiership, that might amount to third-party influence. I am not sure how it works in LaLiga.

Obviously, I am hoping that it is a fixed price.

14. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I am sure it is incorrect, considering Pelligrini already listed Godin as travelling with the team to play Zaragoza and that bastard Ayala tomorrow, but Goal.com is reporting that Godin is on the verge of signing with Juventus.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=370010

SempreGroc, did he actually sign the contract this morning? I assume he would be presented shortly, as I think it is almost 1pm over there.

The Italians must not be too happy with us ;)

15. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    And unrelated, Marca is claiming that Pelligrini has declared he does not need Franco this year and that he will be loaned out, possibly to Racing.

That is too bad in my book. I know he would not play as much now, and that he probably would not score a ton of goals, but I always enjoyed watching him play - he has a lot of fire, and is fearless when it comes to throwing himself at the ball. Plus, he seems to love it there. And I do not see why a 4th striker is not a good thing - what happens when one of the other three get hurt?

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/villarreal/es/desarrollo/1022965.html

16. SempreGroc

SempreGroc New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Villarreal
    As I made yesterday, I've been in the Madrigal recording our new player for you..., don't worry maddi, Godin is "yellow" for the next 5 years :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms3RNP6PNyQ

17. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Sempre! Please keep the videos and any photos coming, we appreciate them all!

18. SempreGroc

SempreGroc New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Villarreal
    It's posible to post photos directly here? If someone explain me how to do I will post those ones I think interesting for you.

19. SempreGroc

SempreGroc New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Villarreal
    I have just listened about this notice in a local radio, Cadena Ser. They have called Jose Manuel Llaneza to ask him about that clause and Llaneza have told them that there isn't any buy-back clause...

20. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Guessed so.. it must be a first refusal then. That hardly counts:(.

21. Parsifal

Parsifal New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    I think it is safe to say Ferguson and team may have committed a giant brainfart, but only time will tell.

22. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    Does anyone else realize that 3 of the goals that Rossi scored in his Parma run were penalties?
    The kid looks full of promise, but he's not a AC player, Danish player of the year, or a Pichichi contender. Now, eliminating PK's, his only selling point (his strike rate) doesn't look good.

I never have doubted Villareal with their signings, but this one appears like the biggest gamble yet.....specially at that price.
    Newcastle may not be winning silver these days, but i am sure they would play a good striker if they had one on the bench, considering their plight.

The Rossi signing is even stranger considering that i thought Anelka was a done deal. Villareal sold Forlan to At for 20M-----> Atl Madrid sold Petrov to ManCity for 8M-----------> Villareal could have Anelka from ManCity, and it would lessen the hit to all parties involved ...like a 3 way deal....

On other topics, saw Vidagnossy at the U20's. He looks brilliant. I think Pellegrini should bring striker Medina on a trial. He is still in Chile...cheap!

Not so excited about Godin, since i really did not recognize him in the Copa...

Also, why are we not signing Tacchi? He was just released on a free....we could use him, no?

Our season could go sooooo wildy different. To say Villareal is the wild card of the 2008 liga season is the understatement of the year.

23. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Yes it is.
    paste your URL address of the photo with surrounding it.

24. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they don't loan out Franco. In part that's because I like the player, of course. But in part it's that I think Nihat is unproven and because Franco seems to old to loan out. Loan deals are for younger developing players. If he's really judged surplus to requirements, sell him.

25. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Ferguson got Tevez. That's an upgrade over Rossi. So as long as he had Tevez I don't think we need to worry about this.

If Tevez-Rooney duo doesn't work out for ManU, there's even less reason for them to want Rossi. The buyback clause could just be an insurgence for ManU to ensure themselves a piece of the pie if Guiseppe Rossi goes big. If you were AF, you'd make sure Forlan doesn't happen again too.