2007/2008 Villarreal General News/Rumours thread.

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Pints, Jul 25, 2007.

1. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Yeah, he is playing good football...it will nicely up his price. Villarreal is playing pretty good football, too. I think Pelligrini knows pretty well what he is doing. :)

2. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  3. cabanes

cabanes New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    world citizen
    Question: Do you think Villarreal will try to pick up another player in the winter signing/transfer period? If so, for what position?

If Riquelme is sold to Boca like the reports are signalling, there might be a nice chunk of change for someone to come on board.

But the team looks pretty well stocked and there have been no season ending injuries so I don't know if someone is really needed...

4. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    a defender, maybe another attacking midfielder.

5. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I dont think Villarreal needs another Attacking Mid, theres already Cani, Matias and Pires.

6. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I would like to see another leftback - unless Pelligrini pulls up de la Bella from the B squad. And if it is going to be a while still for Gonzalo, I would like to see another central defender. All we have right now is Fuentes, Cygan and Godin. Cygan and Fuentes are older, and the brutal season is going to catch up with them.

7. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=488529

Goal.com says Riquelme's move to Boca is pretty much finalized. I think it will be a relief to both teams as well as Roman, I think, and a disappointment to a few in England and Italy. But from the beginning I think that most people who know anything about him figured the English rumors were a very long shot, and the Italian rumors only a possibility. I am glad he will get to go back to Boca, where he wants to be. Villarreal will no longer be disparaged for having him on the bench, and he will not hurt us by playing for Atletico or another Spanish league team. I hope he does well in Argentina (assuming the deal goes through :rolleyes: )

8. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Pires has been in some of his best form since his Arsenal days this season Domenech is a fool if he still refuses to recall him to the French NT.

From a neutral point of view I think you guys buy a couple of defenders maybe in winter if not the summer window, Villarreal's has a lot of attacking strike power but the defence is a bit questionable, another central defender plus a utility player would probably help.

maddi, don't you rate Capdevila? I think he has been doing a fine job at LB for Villarreal and Spain too.

9. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Of course - I just did not mention him because he has been so strong back there. The reason I think we need to get another leftback is that Capdevilla is playing every match, and we really do not have anyone to back him up unless Angel or Godin move out of their normal positions to leftback. Absolutely, Capdevilla has been one of the best players on the team this year.

On another note:
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=489219 [Riquelme: "I'll get every penny out of Villarreal,"]
    Riquelme says he will stay at Villarreal and not play unless he does not get "every penny" of the 6mEuros he is owed. Of course, if he has a contract, he is entitled to the money, but if he is really willing to stay on the bench for another year and a half and feels that way about Villarreal, I really question whether he would have even been willing to get back on the pitch if Pelligrini had asked him.

10. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    There's been talk on a couple of websites Boca may try lower the fee by including either Rodrigo Palacio or Ever Banega in the deal, what do you guys think about this??

I don't know much about Banega he has taken Fernando Gago's spot since he left for Madrid but I am well aware of Palacio and am still amazed this guy isn't in Europe yet.

11. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    If they did include someone, which would cut the price down, would that not give Villarreal better value, since they have to give a chunk of it to Barcelona if it is money? Surely, Barca could not get a percentage of a player in a deal like that? Anyone know?

12. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    They won't, that was the deal Villareal tried squeeze out in september. Boca declined then.

13. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  14. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  15. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Rumors are circulating that Mavuba, (despite his first goal for Villarreal yesterday) is on his way out in January. Fiorentina and Lille are interested. It would be a disappointment to see him go - he is still very young, and I think it is a little immature to move on if he cannot immediately get a starting spot. He is playing behind Marcos Senna, one of the best holding midfielders in Spain if not all of Europe right now. And Senna is in his early 30s - he can't go on forever, and surely he can teach Mavuba a thing or two. I hope he stays around.

But if he does go, I hope Roig backs off the "no transfers in January" statement he made.

Also, I saw something the other day about Bolton possibly looking at Tomasson if Anelka moves on. We definitely would need add a 4th striker if he is moving on.

16. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    senna is also extremely inconsistent.

it's ok now he's on form. but how long will his form last? what do we do then?

we keep too many old people

17. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    According to Turkish press,

Turkish NT and Fenerbahce's striker Semih Senturk is possible more to the La Liga clubs ; Villarreal or Ateltico Madrid..........

Regards
    iwa

18. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Nihat: Villarreal's Inform Striker[​IMG]

Nihat: Villarreal's Inform Striker

19. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  20. cabanes

cabanes New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    world citizen
    at least gonzalo rodriguez is back, but who knows for how long, I hate to say it but I don't think his knee is the most reliable of knees.

21. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mavuba loaned to Lille till the end of the season.
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=555884

Hopefully Josico is healthy enough to play regularly. I understand Mavuba is upset at not playing that much, but I would love to see him back in yellow come next year - Senna and Josico only have so many more years, and Mavuba and Bruno could be an effective double pivot for years.

22. cabanes

cabanes New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    world citizen
  23. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    My guess is Guille and Tomasson are out at the end of the year. But I wish we would pull in another centermid and central defender before the window closes. Pelligrini said he wanted both, and they generally seem to come through for him.

24. cabanes

cabanes New Member

Jul 15, 2005
    world citizen