2007/2008 Villarreal General News/Rumours thread.

Discussion in 'Comunidad Valenciana' started by Pints, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Not as much news as your typical..."Boo-Hoo there are other people better than me on this team."

Oh well, show well and you'll get more minutes.

2. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    he did. he played well in both uefa matches.
    Senna's form started to decline again. Should let Mavuba get some time.

3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    Actually, that's not true! Today the narrators from Spain made clear what really happened with Riquelme. It seems that, besides the b*tching to the press, he did not like Forlan AT ALL.

He went as far as he telling the rest of the team to NOT PASS Forlan the ball!! Can you imagine that? Your playmaker telling the team to not give the ball to your top striker, just because you dont like him??????? That's absurd, and unfortunately, is vintage riquelme-style.

Eventually a player "ratted him" out to Pellegrini, and that was the begining of the end. Also, a lot of the argentines in the team that were conspiring in this affair were also shown the door.

This is the reason Forlan was sold. He was still a point of contention in the dressing room. This is also the reason why Atletico Madrid chose not to buy Riquelme. Apparently someone found out at the last minute about the 'history' behind these players, and Atletico duly stopped the transfer.

4. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    FU*K. that made alot of sense. I can't believe this was why though.
    But why pellegrini still gotta be like that now forlan is gone?

5. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    and if this was true then I was right, there was a fu*king targeted purge.

6. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    So why did Forlan make a statement to the Spanish press in July then, which said that he hopes Riquelme also joins Atlético. He even said that they still talk a lot to each other about the Copa America... If they really didn't like each other then you'd expect Forlan to keep his mouth shut and just be happy that he finally got rid of him.

7. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    simple guess: to allow both players the opportunity to move out from villarreal.

8. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Yes I know he played well, but there is a chemistry thing that perhaps he isn't getting. I trust Pellegrini to choose the best team each game, and to not select players solely based on one or two well played games. Senna's form is very much a roller coaster, but he is alos a cnetral core player for the team and has been for some time. And if Mavuba can be patient and continue to show in the UEFA cup he will start primera matches. But mouthing off to the press like this is nothing short of a career death sentence at Villarreal, I am sure you can agree with that.

9. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Member

Apr 1, 2003
    Some stadium in Qatar
    Well i have a feeeling that if you were to conduct a poll asking these 2 questions:
    1) Should a player, or a coach; give the team tactical/passing instructions?
    2) Would you rate a player that actively conspires against team-mates?

I am willing to bet that the answers would be:

1)Coach
    2)Hell no!! I'd fire his ass if it were contractually allowed! :rolleyes:

I will get the name of the guys discussing the topic on spanish radio, but anyone that was listening to the first half between Villareal v Barcelona last weekend should have heard.

10. SempreGroc

SempreGroc New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Villarreal
    Hi friends.

May be all you thought I've dissapeared :). The reason is that I'm finishing my degree this year and have no free time to tipe here.

Well, I only want to tell you about a new website for Villarreal suportters. I haven't seen the page, by the moment, but a friend told me that is pretty good.

Take a look and enjoy.

http://www.submarinoamarillo.net

11. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Good Luck Sempre with finishing up your degree.
    Keep us posted on your visits to El Madrigal whenever you can.
    CHeers

EDIT: That is an EXCELLENT site! Lots of historic photos! Thanks!

12. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    I thought Chelsea is doing fine with Avram Grant. Attractive football at last.

13. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
  14. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    Nihat back so it doesn't really matter.

15. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Don't see the need to start a whole new thread for the first leg of the copa del ray 4th round, but RESULTS below:

Villareal knocked of Las Palmas away 2-4, with only 12 first team players (the 12th man being Sebastian Viera, the backup keeper). Franco scored twice, in the 5th and 90th minutes, Pires scored in the 26th, and bruno in the 85th. Villarreal continues to dominate the last 15 minutes of the match this year. Las Palmas scored on a penalty in the 40th and I believe their second came in the 60th. Not sure about injuries, but if we came away clean in that regard, it should really be considered a near-perfect result.

16. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [R] Guille

Wow, 4 goals in two for Guille. Guille! Guille!

Any known video of these goals?

17. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Apparently Guille missed a penalty in the last 15-20 minutes of the match.

18. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    My goodness a grand start to the season indeed!
    Great results all around, and now back to my "Crow Sandwich" Franco made for me.:rolleyes:

Hell, I like being wrong so far.

19. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oops....so he's a flawed superhero of the week.....I'm still totally in the mood to sing "Guille! Guille!"

Still hoping one of our Spanish-speaking internet hounds will find us some goal highlights. If not, probably the website TV program friday edition?

20. maddi

maddi New Member

Jun 29, 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XklMrkFJEZQ
    Highlights! Bruno's first goal of the year is something special. Plus you get to see a bit of Pires' tribute to his new son after he scores. Diego Lopez should have stopped the second goal he gave up.

21. KMJvet

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks maddi. They look funny in those kits, but those were some lovely goals :)

22. David Villa7

David Villa7 New Member

May 26, 2006
    London
    Riquelme scores 2 in Argentinas 3-0 win over Bolivia. Hes playing good football:), i think someone should tell Pelligrini that..... ;) (not as if it will make any difference)