20-team League Format

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by Jntg4, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those Leagues have rosters that can support playing those Cup competitions. Do you know how many members of Manchester United that I've ever heard of played played in their League Cup 3rd round match against Newcastle? 5. Of 14. (Really, 5 of 18, but 4 of them never made the pitch).

2. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sports are a social construction, and the only thing that matters is what we want to make matter. And we've all gotten together, and the society of MLS fans have constructed a society where the Champion is more important than the #1 seed in the tournament that determines that champion.

Maybe you should be on the "NASL Commissioner: You Be the Bill Peterson" and bother them with your dumb ideas that, I can't stress this enough, we've already been over 150,000 times

Like, say, more allocation money and roster slots?

The Green Mushroom and JasonMa repped this.
  3. Khkevin

Khkevin Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the franchise system of American Sports, the Playoffs are necessary to generate more revenues + expand competition. I think the MLS Champion should be more important than the US Open Cup. US Open Cup should be more important than the Supporter's Shield.

4. The Green Mushroom

Oct 19, 2011
    But what if the 168,701st time is the one that will bring us all around to the Light Side of the Force?

Back in the English Civil War, the supporters of Parliament who fought the king said that if they beat the king 99 times he will still be king. If he beat them once, they would all hang. In the minds of a hardcore single table/first past the post fan, they are right and we are wrong. We will always be wrong because everyone else does it their way. All we need to do is give in and admit that they are right and we are wrong.

Of course the English Civil War ended with the king's execution and his son's exile.

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By everyone you mean Europe. Well Western Europe. Well really most of those posters just mean England. :D

Achowat repped this.
  6. The Green Mushroom

Oct 19, 2011
    Well of course.

If my time on Big Soccer has taught me anything is that the world only consists of England (where everything is done right), and America (where everything is done wrong).

blacksun, Achowat and JasonMa repped this.
  7. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    You guys feeling a little bitter?

8. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. We spend most of our time laughing about how "The Rest of the World" consists of London and Manchester, exclusively