2/10, DMB: Man City @ Portsmouth {R}

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by babytiger2001, Feb 10, 2007.

1. wva97

wva97 Member

Jun 8, 2002
    east coast/west coas
    So what do we think? Does DMB still have a guaranteed roster spot with the nats?

2. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    yes.

3. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if he can do Chun Li's spinning kick move after every goal he scores.

4. McGinty

McGinty Member

SKC/STL
    Aug 29, 2001
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Greatest Goal Celebration Ever.

5. wva97

wva97 Member

Jun 8, 2002
    east coast/west coas

lol. his first touch looked frenzied - can't blame him though. he's probably dying to get into the action.

6. Deegs

Deegs Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Signal Hill
    As well as any of these guys are playing, I would hope that nobody's roster spot is guaranteed. The last thing we need is an entire side full of Donovans. I would call Beasley up based on him getting regular time. Making the squad is on him.

7. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    I think HS football games at Hoover High have better atmospheres than the one at Fratton park.

8. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    [youtube]rhYB6-jh-s0[/youtube]

9. Deegs

Deegs Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Signal Hill
    Touche. My point being, I do not want any player to feel "entitled to" or guaranteed a spot as the above mentioned Landycakes seems to be. (I know probably a subject for a different thread. My apologies)

Crap. Pompey scores.

10. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    with the insertion of Miller, Man City now has more players of African descent on the field than USA has in it's entire pool under Bradley.

And another player of African descent, Kanu, puts Portmouth up, and yet another man of African descent, Glen Johnson - creates the goal.

I'm not sure why I pointed this out, perhaps it's because the media is having fun with Black History Month.

11. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Looks like he is better than Convey, who looked horrible against Mexico.

12. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    :confused:

He's touched the ball once in 25 minutes.

He might very well be better, but I don't know how you view this match as evidence.

13. Mistake

Mistake New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Beasley looked lost trying to take that short corner.. very poor effort.

14. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Beas blasts a cross off a Pompey defender, and it creates a counter for Portsmouth, which Kanu can't take advantage of

15. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Im reffering to other matches this year....Beasley should start in my opinion. and they should play him as a Winger. Him and Samaras are the besst 2 guys on the team and neither of them started?? How does Pearce think he will keep his job?

16. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    That's not a handball?

17. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Corradi is rubbish...Beasley has done horrible though, haven't seen even a litte bit of skill this game.

18. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    thankfully, this one is over

19. Mistake

Mistake New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Beasley's performance: Almost completely non-existant. Mediocre when he did see the ball.

20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FA should go ahead and make Peace's U-21 gig full-time. Citeh has absolutely no passion, no heart, and no purpose. Beasely was helpless and his teammates were useless.

21. FCmagic01

FCmagic01 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Everytime Man City look good the next game they just break my heart with an absolute rubbish game .....

22. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Beasley played like he considered it an inconvenience to have to remove his warmup jacket.

On Kanu's goal, Beasley made a horrible positioning mistake where he drifted wide as if he were going to cover a wide run, but left two guys alone to move inside one of whom was Kanu who went on to score. Now, other folks were out of position, but Beasley really showed a lack of field sense and urgency on that play.

Today isn't going to help him get minutes.

He's been there long enough that his teammates lack of confidence in feeding him the ball is looking to be a problem.

23. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    damn I fell asleep before Beasley ever came on only saw a bit of the first half and then the final couple minutes

doesn't sound like I missed much

24. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Come home DaMarcus.

25. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006

yeah, I saw them looking him off as well. He seems to play well with Samaras when they play forward. I guess Beas is at his best when plays break down or a mistake is made and he can capitalize with his speed, if you force him to create a play with technique, I dont know if he is your man against a good defensive team like Pompey.